CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's by Match Win %

Then Map Win %

If still tied after those two:

Then Regional Qualifying Position (i.e., Seed from within your Region)

Then Region's Rank relative to Other Region (NA > EU > ANZ > LATAM)

All Group Stage matches are Best of 5

All Bracket Stage matches are Best of 7.

so the 4 pool winners will be seeded such that the winner with the best match% goes against the runner up with the lowest win%?

Silly of true. Given the way pools are made up it should just be Pool A v D, pool B v C.

Win% should only come into play for ties within pools- which prolly should be handled by seeds anyway

Edit: I guess there's still a decent possibility the bracket will end up as expected, but also decent chances we'll end up seeing some shifts in the 5-8 bracket positions for no real reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Splyce the real winners out of all this, 7th ranked NA team in with the 3rd rank and the 12th ranked team.

No offence to iM i dont think they r the 12th best team just in rankings you would have to put them there considering they didnt even get a LAN qual which shows whay HCS thinks of the region.

Splyce the real winners out of all this, 7th ranked NA team in with the 3rd rank and the 12th ranked team.

No offence to iM i dont think they r the 12th best team just in rankings you would have to put them there considering they didnt even get a LAN qual which shows whay HCS thinks of the region.

Nah, Immunity were populated into Worlds as the 11th.

ANZ is "seeded" above LATAM.

If ANZ and LATAM both go 0-2 in their pools and 0-6 map score, then Immunity will hold the 11th seed and StW will hold the 12th seed in brackets.

Actually never followed competitive halo prior to H5.

I think watching the competition is great now despite a few issues. Would love to see what it's like with some key improvements.

I far as h5, i have a love hate relationship with it. It's the only recent console FPS i have any desire to play. Brand loyalty and nostalgia may have something to do with that, but i legitimately prefer H5 to everything after H2. It grinds my gears that the game is so buggy and the mechanics so complicated rather than deep. I also hate that 343 hasn't figured out how to make a game that is rewarding to core, competitive, and casual fans alike.

This is exactly how I feel. Like I could've written this

MRW I'm tryna dig out that math they said I'd never use

Phs2IVM.jpg

If the Internet can make a brazilian meme from a brazilian novel actress appear on a Halo forum, I think is safe to say that Halo is capable of reaching more people than it does currently.

• Upvote (+1) 4

To clarify, you guys do know that the bracket seeding will be determined by map count win % right? So, we won't know the bracket at all until pool play is over with. 

Now I'm sad.

Kinda late to the party but i follow H5 out of nostalgia and love of the community. I honestly dont like this game much but watching these teams is really really good.

I reinstalled to try proving grounds. Part of it was ive been playing overwatch which is different mechanically and i havent played since november, but i forgot just how bad these servers are. Out of 6 games i changed my sensitivity 3 or 4 times. It was so aggravating. Im on the fence about some of the settings but it is getting better. But i just dont like playing it.

I love coming to beyond and the quality of the pro games. It doesnt hurt that there are so many pros left from "the old days" that i am already invested in the players. I want to see halo back on top. We are so close to being awesome. I will buy the next game and play it way too much. I will continue to watch as lo g as competitive halo is a thing. Mostly i will keep coming here. I like it here and it keeps me invested when i just get sick of the self imposed issues that the hcs cant get over.

Tldr beyond keeps me in halo with the pro gameplay and nostalgia after that

Hey guys, so with Worlds just under a week away now, I decided to put together a little hype video for fun :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KRJhDbQqyA

Hope you dig if you decide to watch, so excited!!

<3 Good shit homie. It is unfortunate you were on the same page as mayo or you'd be a shoe-in for PotP.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

It can be so easy to get free good content. Just have 343 ask fans to make them, and they'll put them on stream and Twitter. Maybe give them a swag bag or at most 100 dollars. How hard is that?

This is nice and all but I don't think it reflects the nature of our community. Not once did I hear our catch phrases: "get deleted nerd" or "get shrekt".

lul

Holy hell COD Dallas is PACKED.  More people in the front two rows there there will be at Halo Worlds.  SAD.  MAGA.  MHGA

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's by Match Win %

Then Map Win %

If still tied after those two:

Then Regional Qualifying Position (i.e., Seed from within your Region)

Then Region's Rank relative to Other Region (NA > EU > ANZ > LATAM)

All Group Stage matches are Best of 5

All Bracket Stage matches are Best of 7.

What is map %? How well a team did on a certain map? That's stupid to me.

I really wish 343 would add a mini map for observer mode. It's great for cod.

Mlg.tv keeps skipping on the Xbox app. Is it doing it for anyone else? It's really annoying.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What is map %? How well a team did on a certain map? That's stupid to me.

How many maps you won vs how many you lost. So if you 3-0 you have a map won % of 100. 3-1 is 75 and so on
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Holy hell COD Dallas is PACKED.  More people in the front two rows there there will be at Halo Worlds.  SAD.  MAGA.  MHGA

Don't turn this thread into a Cod one.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't turn this thread into a Cod one.

I said...DAMN

:apg:

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How many maps they won vs how many they lost. So if you 3-0 you have a map won % of 100. 3-1 is 75 and so on

I figured, but seems silly to mention match win % since that's just.Your record, and we know better record higher seed. Map% is still dumb because it's going to cause a a ton of tiebreakers, given that most teams will end up with the same record and 3-0 or 3-1 teams.

Going to regional seed is atrocious. I'd rather 1 game of of slayer to break those ties

Have they announced if the second stage will have a stream? Last HWC had main stage on the Halo stream and second stage on the ESL Halo stream.

Have they announced if the second stage will have a stream? Last HWC had main stage on the Halo stream and second stage on the ESL Halo stream.

Yes it will on ESL Halo twitch.

• Upvote (+1) 2