CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I agree that it's a no brainer that T2 shouldn't be casting Str8 series, but I also don't see how it's realy a big deal (we have shitty casting no matter who is on the mic) or what relevance it has to the pool situation.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He was not able to attend St. Louis due to a travel visa issue. I assume he never got it figured out. That sucks. Str8's bracket just got easier.

T2 is bribing US officials now. This has to be stopped.

I really wanted to see how he would stack up  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Long time lurker, finally gave in and made an account. Looking forward to being an active member of this community!

also CP is gonna win at worlds. Don't @

Welcome  :simms:

I fixed your prediction to stir up your entrance  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Damn bruh, orgs leaving and ESL employees giving their owned team an easy pool(no proof).

I'll be damned if we go back to AGL levels of corruption again.

Looks like Tapping Buttons won't be at Worlds?

There should be a Lastest Chance 1v1 Qualifier so Sparty, Contra, Commonly, RoyBox and others can battle for this final Worlds roster spot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I voted for Suma1l over Naded in the other one because Suma1l helped carry NA team EG to a win at The International, but...

This one's a no-brainer.  Lethul all the way.  Jankos has only been a Worlds SEMIFINALIST.  Lethul's won a World Championship.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I received (as did other players and team owners) a packet which explained the bracket and pool play which made complete sense to me. 

Why isn't this information public from the start of the HWC qualifying season?  

This tournament is supposed to encourage and empower ALL gamers to compete, not just the 'pros'.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think it's important to remember we're talking about ESL here. Based on past history what scenario is more likely:

A. They orchestrated a complex system of corruption to improve Str8's chances?

B. They picked teams out of a hat randomly on their lunch break and called it a day?

Definitely B

How are the top 2 in each group matched up in winners bracket round 1?

Random OR 1st in group vs 2nd in another group

Heck yes, but either way Str8 got placed in pool D vs the BEST EU team and BEST Latin American team. Who is to say that these teams aren't amazingly skilled? We know that NA is strong but saying these other teams won't perform is just not true. 

cmon tom

it's a joke and everyone knows it

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

It almost looks like they created the pools for seeding fairness in the bracket and not the pools. Like A1 v D2 gives Optic (#1 seed) v the only foreign team match up first round. This is assuming all "higher" seeds win. Would also put #4 v#5 in bracket round 1 which (maybe?) makes more sense than having those match-ups in the group play portion