CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's not like they'll lose to Supremacy.

thats true, but theyre definitely not getting first in their pool.

Is there an article you can see the pools in, or is it just the video?

Just the video.

Str8 are NA's fourth seed due to their points from getting 4th at St. Louis.

I don't recall the points breakdown, but hypothetically, a team could have more points than the 6th qualifying team from Vegas and still not qualify for worlds by failing to get 6th or better at Vegas?

And despite this flawed points system, ESL is still using it to work out seeding into groups?

Wouldn't it make more sense just to use the placings from Vegas as world seeds?  Or are ESL trying to place emphasis on the entire worlds qualifying competition.  The latter still being stupid because of their 16,000 pro points that have nothing to do with worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't recall the points breakdown, but hypothetically, a team could have more points than the 6th qualifying team from Vegas and still not qualify for worlds by failing to get 6th or better at Vegas?

And despite this flawed points system, ESL is still using it to work out seeding into groups?

Wouldn't it make more sense just to use the placings from Vegas as world seeds?  Or are ESL trying to place emphasis on the entire worlds qualifying competition.  The latter still being stupid because of their 16,000 pro points that have nothing to do with worlds.

Top 6 in points after Vegas:

OpTic

Liquid

nV

Str8

Pnda/Crowd Pleasers

LG

The only team with more points than a team that qualified for Worlds is EG, who had more points than Splyce.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seen in the CoD twitch chat...

zo**** : i just can't support COD anymore...closer to Halo than COD

:wutface:  :apg:  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Cratos was right to be upset about these groups if thats what his MLG tweets were about. How does the 5th NA seed get stuck with the 1st NA seed and 2nd EU seed? It just feels like these were put together at random.

that's whack too but we should be 4th seed
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 6

both st louis and vegas counted as qualifying tournaments, right?

how did cp do at st louis, again?

all of this would be much easier if we had easy access to a *gasp* graphic that showed point distribution. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seen in the CoD twitch chat...

zo**** : i just can't support COD anymore...closer to Halo than COD

:wutface:  :apg:  :mj:

Does that mean it's time for us to start playing CoD? :thinking:

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really don't think you can talk about what you "should" be 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

you should have no pro seed at all, but nvm

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not sure how the 5th team to qualify gets a pool with no NA teams but I'm super happy for STR8. Also, Cratos got bracket fucked. Justice is served.

Accidentally ^rep

I really don't think you can talk about what you "should" be

we did get 4th and I talked to 2 343 and 1 esl employee saying that if we didn't go to St. Louis it wouldn't effect anything for us including our seed for worlds. So for them to not announce worlds seeding was based on points and not just placings from vegas you'd think we'd have the seed we placed
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ppl here are not so quick to forget. More like they will never forget if that is what you want to know. This is no twitter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

we did get 4th and I talked to 2 343 and 1 esl employee saying that if we didn't go to St. Louis it wouldn't effect anything for us including our seed for worlds. So for them to not announce worlds seeding was based on points and not just placings from vegas you'd think we'd have the seed we placed

But you got 16,000 of your points in the shadiest way possible. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3