CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You'd have Crowd Pleasers beat Str8 but not Fabe?

Matchups Mun, i think CP and Fab will show up

• Upvote (+1) 1

Careful Str8, you're going to have a difficult time getting out of pool play

I wouldnt mind seeing Shock the World vs Splyce, that would be a good matchup of young talent

Pool C is the toughest group. If Vegas bubu shows up, immunity might just steal that. I really hope he fully turned it around again

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't look like they put any nuance into deciding the groups, they just ordered them NA 1-7, EU 1-3, ANZ, LatAm, and placed the top remaining team available in whichever group was next in the order. 

Basically a draft where Pool A gets the first pick of every round, Pool D gets last, so Pool A is undoubtedly going to have the most talent.

Why wouldn't they just do the reverse for pool seeding. 

#1 in the pool buys into the 2nd round. #2/3's are seeded against each other in Winners Bracket Round 1. 

Teams are guaranteed 4 matchups. Make all the travel time worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

My predictions

7izsTjr.png

I tried different variations of brackets where top seeds get bye rounds, but nothing seemed to work while trying to keep the lowest seed of each the pool in the tourny.

You can do it. You give 4 the pool winners a bye, then the bottom 8 play in a wild card round. This is what I assumed they would do, because flying teams in from all around the world for as few as 2 matches seems silly.

But ESL gonna ESL...

Wait why is it only 12 teams again?

Edit: I actually liked the video until the cringe worth voiceover. It's a pretty creative announce video, but it should have had team names and been accompanied by an info graphic and plain text announcement.

Edit2: Cratos complaining about getting pool fucked when he's been benefiting from bracket fuckery all season w/o uttering a word.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Man, lucky pull for Str8. 4th NA seed doesn't have to play another NA team, pretty questionable...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Not sure how the 5th team to qualify gets a pool with no NA teams but I'm super happy for STR8. Also, Cratos got bracket fucked. Justice is served.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why wouldn't they just do the reverse for pool seeding.

#1 in the pool buys into the 2nd round. #2/3's are seeded against each other in Winners Bracket Round 1.

Teams are guaranteed 4 matchups. Make all the travel time worth it.

Byes make sense, but this also makes pool play a premium. Guess they didn't want Friday to be completely meaningless

Not sure how the 5th team to qualify gets a pool with no NA teams but I'm super happy for STR8. Also, Cratos got bracket fucked. Justice is served.

Str8 was actually the 4th team to qualify since they qualified in the winner's bracket and not the losers like Luminosity and Panda/CP

@@Cratos was right to be upset about these groups if thats what his MLG tweets were about. How does the 5th NA seed get stuck with the 1st NA seed and 2nd EU seed? It just feels like these were put together at random.

Disagree, seems perfectly plausible to me, just look at the way tennis seedings work.

Str8 was actually the 4th team to qualify since they qualified in the winner's bracket and not the losers like Luminosity and Panda/CP

Right, but str8 got 5th in the event

Do we have a schedule yet? Pool play is going to be a total of 12 series, across two streams. Should be pretty swift.

I didn't realize it before, but with just 12 teams 2 pools of 6 would have been better. It would've been 15 series per pool, and with 3 days to run the tourney, would be totally streamable. And it probably would have been a more valuable experience for some of these teams and orgs.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Str8 are NA's fourth seed due to their points from getting 4th at St. Louis.

It's not like they'll lose to Supremacy.

Is it too late to call up 4 more teams and make it 4 teams per pool? Even if its just 4 NA teams.

We could try get ALG back. We could have the GOAT at Worlds.