CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

When was it that showtime and co have ever been "screwed over" by ESL?...

They were only given 16,000 pro points to start.

Hey guys,

I know it's a bit late, but I'm working on HWC Vegas Qualifier content and I'm trying to get the best plays from that weekend. I'd hate to miss some sick plays so if any of you have any Twitch clips, could you please send them my way?

Feel free to pm me here or respond to my tweet.

Thanks.

Someone beat you to this already by like a week and posted it to this thread. Here's his video:

edit: Was @@Your Proprietor who posted the vid.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Someone beat you to this already by like a week and posted it to this thread. Here's his video:

edit: Was @@Your Proprietor who posted the vid.

Perfect! I missed this before, but thanks for showing me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alg leaving translation: team stunk, didn't make worlds, and 343 is giving splyce the 8th pro spot for winning the lcq. We got our skin money even though other teams deserved it more. Smell ya later.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 13

Pro team Orgs are gonna be droppin like flies if 343i doesnt improve the scene...

Sad to hear about Allegiance.. 

I think that's for the best, maybe we can rebuild the HCS from the ground.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alg leaving translation: team stunk, didn't make worlds, and 343 is giving splyce the 8th pro spot for winning the lcq. We got our skin money even though other teams deserved it more. Smell ya later.

thats a little cynical seeing as they have stuck around as long as they have

• Upvote (+1) 3

thats a little cynical seeing as they have stuck around as long as they have

If they made worlds they would still be in halo. Don't give me any side talk about 343s future plans etc especially when they got skins without being a pro league team. They can do what they want but at least just say the team underperforming was the biggest reason. Anything else is nonsense.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 12

I'm a little curious why people make vague tweets that imply something shady is going on without actually saying anything unless they just want attention. If its really that bad that you need to let everyone know then just say it and watch the situation unfold lol.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Halo Community,

As of today, Allegiance will be withdrawing from the Halo scene after a few unsuccessful seasons in the Halo Pro League.

Seventeen months ago was the launch of Allegiance and it all began in Halo after signing a team that eventually made a historical run at the 2016 Halo World Championship. Allegiance placed 2nd at the World Championship – we made it on the esports map! This was the beginning for Allegiance and it was the best start for an organization a new owner could ask for. Due to our success the first year it gave us the opportunity to expand into new games that were larger than Halo, and for that I’ll always remember Halo as the place that started it all. I’m extremely grateful and wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

Unfortunately, we haven’t seen that same prosperity, and our vision in Halo doesn’t align any longer with the future plans for the competitive scene. This has lead us to announce our departure from competitive Halo and we want to thank all of our fans for the support since our founding of the organization. We truly appreciate everything you guys have done for Allegiance and welcoming us with open arms in 2015!

Guess I better buy the skins so I don't miss out on them like I did with CLG skins. We'll miss you, for real. Your org starting in Halo was a big reason why I wanted to see you guys at worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

If I recall correctly I think I started off by saying we made our decision based on our poor performances recently. That was the biggest reason. It was no ones fault but our own.

I believe we were the longest standing org other than EG, just an FYI. We got skins because of our previous successes - I think we got 2nd at Worlds in 2016.

Most people have reading comprehension. A few do not. Good luck on future endeavors. < 3

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I recall correctly I think I started off by saying we made our decision based on our poor performances recently. That was the biggest reason. It was no ones fault but our own.

I believe we were the longest standing org other than EG, just an FYI. We got skins because of our previous successes - I think we got 2nd at Worlds in 2016.

Any chance you guys will come back? Obviously currently it doesn't align with what you want, but you do know how passionate the fans are for pro Halo. Never say never?

Halo Community,

As of today, Allegiance will be withdrawing from the Halo scene after a few unsuccessful seasons in the Halo Pro League.

Seventeen months ago was the launch of Allegiance and it all began in Halo after signing a team that eventually made a historical run at the 2016 Halo World Championship. Allegiance placed 2nd at the World Championship – we made it on the esports map! This was the beginning for Allegiance and it was the best start for an organization a new owner could ask for. Due to our success the first year it gave us the opportunity to expand into new games that were larger than Halo, and for that I’ll always remember Halo as the place that started it all. I’m extremely grateful and wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

Unfortunately, we haven’t seen that same prosperity, and our vision in Halo doesn’t align any longer with the future plans for the competitive scene. This has lead us to announce our departure from competitive Halo and we want to thank all of our fans for the support since our founding of the organization. We truly appreciate everything you guys have done for Allegiance and welcoming us with open arms in 2015!

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read on this site. Thanks for everything you did for the scene.

Halo Community,

We will forever miss you Mission BBQ... unless you come back at some point

• Upvote (+1) 1

Makes very little business sense to sign a halo team.

Why do you think I have yet to convince the ownership group of my organization? The spend is outrageous for the return. 

That's why there should be strict rules that makes team changes and teams disbanding really hard to do.

More talent for bigger orgs to step into Halo.  

I hope this is a sarcastic comment. I can't picture bigger organizations stepping into Halo. What is the incentive for them here? It's a minuscule esport with little to no monetary return for the overwhelming majority of organizations involved. 

I think that's for the best, maybe we can rebuild the HCS from the ground.

I think this move for Allegiance is definitely the best situation for them. An underperforming team and a shit scene aren't great for business. To your point though about rebuilding the HCS from the ground up - I think some monstrous changes need to occur for this to happen - like a new developer, more competent TOs, a better league/LAN/competition structure, and a very good game. 

Why do you think I have yet to convince the ownership group of my organization? The spend is outrageous for the return. 

This is one of the more intelligent things I've seen on her recently. Not to take anything from any of the other posts that are good, but this is spot on. There is almost no monetary return for organizations if you're not top 2 or 3. It isn't like you can build up a following on YouTube either. The game isn't popular enough and the players don't seem to be very good (for the most part) at being YouTube guys like a lot of the Call of Duty players are. It's also tough to justify sinking all of your additional spare time outside of life/practice for Halo into YouTube when you know for the most part you aren't going to be seeing a ton of revenue coming in. The fanbase for Halo 5 is just not there like it was for Halo 2 or 3 or like it is for Call of Duty or CS: GO (just to name a couple of FPS games). For organizations, it's great to get their names out there, but that isn't enough. They're businesses and businesses need to make money. There isn't a lot of it in Halo and on top of that, you can't even look at the things that are happening and say "well we're in this for the long haul because we see a lot of groundwork for future growth."

If they made worlds they would still be in halo. Don't give me any side talk about 343s future plans etc especially when they got skins without being a pro league team. They can do what they want but at least just say the team underperforming was the biggest reason. Anything else is nonsense.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're saying the exact same thing I did. I just don't care for the slight towards 343 instead of just saying it's not worth the money. All that does is transfer the blame, and creates faux sympathy for ALG which is already working here.

Less than 2 months later the skins are gone, when those resources could have been used on teams in pro league who for sure would have stayed for the year

And optic was in the scene longer, fyi

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

If they made worlds they would still be in halo.

lets say that you are right. that shows a systematic failure on the part of 343 and the hcs for allowing competitive halo to become an 8 team sport. there needs to be a better way for am teams to become pro. i think this means more open tourneys with higher prize pools. and those tourneys need to influence who is in pro league. we have a 1 time relegation now, but it would be better to have top 8 from the open event to go to pro league, then have to fight and retain their spot come next event. that ability to allow fresh blood into the spot light will draw orgs players and viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This makes me sad and annoyed. Sad because it's logical. Annoyed that it's probably a direct result of 343 and their treatment of the HCS
  • Upvote (+1) 1

And optic was in the scene longer, fyi

Liquid too. And nV has been around for about just as long, I can't remember who got their team first

• Upvote (+1) 1

Liquid too. And nV has been around for about just as long, I can't remember who got their team first

Liquid. Season 2