CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo Community,

As of today, Allegiance will be withdrawing from the Halo scene after a few unsuccessful seasons in the Halo Pro League.

Seventeen months ago was the launch of Allegiance and it all began in Halo after signing a team that eventually made a historical run at the 2016 Halo World Championship. Allegiance placed 2nd at the World Championship – we made it on the esports map! This was the beginning for Allegiance and it was the best start for an organization a new owner could ask for. Due to our success the first year it gave us the opportunity to expand into new games that were larger than Halo, and for that I’ll always remember Halo as the place that started it all. I’m extremely grateful and wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

Unfortunately, we haven’t seen that same prosperity, and our vision in Halo doesn’t align any longer with the future plans for the competitive scene. This has lead us to announce our departure from competitive Halo and we want to thank all of our fans for the support since our founding of the organization. We truly appreciate everything you guys have done for Allegiance and welcoming us with open arms in 2015!

please dont leave us

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo Community,

As of today, Allegiance will be withdrawing from the Halo scene after a few unsuccessful seasons in the Halo Pro League.

Seventeen months ago was the launch of Allegiance and it all began in Halo after signing a team that eventually made a historical run at the 2016 Halo World Championship. Allegiance placed 2nd at the World Championship – we made it on the esports map! This was the beginning for Allegiance and it was the best start for an organization a new owner could ask for. Due to our success the first year it gave us the opportunity to expand into new games that were larger than Halo, and for that I’ll always remember Halo as the place that started it all. I’m extremely grateful and wouldn’t have wanted it any other way.

Unfortunately, we haven’t seen that same prosperity, and our vision in Halo doesn’t align any longer with the future plans for the competitive scene. This has lead us to announce our departure from competitive Halo and we want to thank all of our fans for the support since our founding of the organization. We truly appreciate everything you guys have done for Allegiance and welcoming us with open arms in 2015!

Well that's fucking depressing. 

was there anything in particular that caused this decision outside of placings?

dont leave

• Upvote (+1) 3

In uplifting news, Beauty and the Beast was a solid 9/10. Emma fans have nothing to worry about.

Mentioning Emma today probably isn't a good idea if you want to keep this thread SFW.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey guys,

I know it's a bit late, but I'm working on HWC Vegas Qualifier content and I'm trying to get the best plays from that weekend. I'd hate to miss some sick plays so if any of you have any Twitch clips, could you please send them my way?

Feel free to pm me here or respond to my tweet.

Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ya i wondered how the PNDA team can continue when all four people swapped teams to Crowd Pleasers

Still dont get the ruling

its not really a team change though as much as a sponsor change. should that be an issue?

Ya i wondered how the PNDA team can continue when all four people swapped teams to Crowd Pleasers

Still dont get the ruling

The name of the org is meaningless, the players have the seed.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Halo Community,

Would you say that if the HCS had stronger restrictions on team changes then ALG might have stayed in the scene?

Halo Community,

Good luck with everything. If/When ALG becomes a famous org we'll all know where it started. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

is it possible that ALG is just trying to avoid dropping a roster they just picked up and that they might be back in the scene soon? i dont know the rules on this so I'm legit asking.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unfortunately, we haven’t seen that same prosperity, and our vision in Halo doesn’t align any longer with the future plans for the competitive scene. 

I don't blame you, Halo doesn't align with any of our future plans for the competitive scene either.

Speaking of plans, what's the schedule for the one million dollar tournament that's happening in a few days? If this forum didn't exist I would have forgotten about it.

• Upvote (+1) 2