CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Luck plays a role in every aspect of life, but to completely discount the hard work and sacrifices that Ninja has put into his career is just an overly ignorant thing to do.

Let me just get this straight, I like Ninja a lot, I just don't class playing video games for a living as being full of "hard work and sacrifices". If he really had it so hard then why doesn't he just pack it in and try a Monday-Friday 9-5, boring, unrewarding, soul-destroying job? Well the reason is because he knows he has it a whole lot better than the vast majority of people in society, he's hardly going to give it up is he? Not only is he doing something which is impossible to classify as 'work', he is also earning a helluva lot doing it. I'm not holding anything against him but I certainly don't consider himself as some kind of martyr either.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Ninja's dedication, luck, and personality got him where he is. I personally don't think he works very hard in the traditional sense. I swear some of you would defend early Paris Hilton's work ethic  :D

He has every right to be pissed at Comcast though. He pays for BUSINESS class internet, and this has been going on for months. We're not talking about speeds and the whole "up to" bullshit, we're talking about multiple disconnects that literally affect his income level.

I saw someone defending Comcast today.

Tomorrow I expect to see someone defend MCC or I'll be disappointed.

I still say MCC was intended as an infrastructure beta for Halo 5 that 343 saw they could use to make money.

It was never intended to be a bug free game, just a test of their lobby programming for them to fix while finishing up Halo 5.

It's similar to what Flagship Studios tried to do with Mythos while they were working on Hellgate: London, so it wouldn't be without precedent.

Can you really even talk about Ninja wanting to do everything he can to keep the success he has recently had? I recall him reaching new heights back when Destiny first came out, and due to his eye issue, he missed out on the potential growth there. He struggled to get back to the same heights, and his dedication got him beyond that now. 

I don't watch many Halo streams outside of Ninja, but most of the top Destiny streamers have stated at one point or another that when they take any time off, they lose subs / viewers. It took months of training for those streamers just to be able to schedule one day off to get their viewers and subs used to that. I don't blame Ninja at all for being pissed off since he is paying for a service that he should be getting. That being said, and I don't know his area or if it is possible, but he should have a back-up line with a different ISP for situations like this. I understand it would cost more money each month, but I would rather have the security of a back-up just in case. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

3 team pools is not good. I hope they don't do that.

I like to see 1 pool of 12 but why is 3 team pools bad?

Announcing an announcement. Just announce it already. Smh

Probably because they actually haven't finalized the details yet if we're being honest.

guys ninja has been streaming since the reach and h4 days back when we had justin.tv and no viewers in h4. he's become a very entertaining personality during the time when there wasnt money to be made in this. now he has a large following and has decided to do this for a living. just like every actor, comedian, musician, entertainer, you can act like they are soooooo privileged and shouldnt bitch about losing potential income while glossing over the years of work the put in making nothing but continuing to work hard.

i have no clue why ninja is so polarizing. he has stuck with halo through its worst times and continues to play at a high level while branching out to a career he loves. more power to him.

My thoughts exactly, great post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we are being totally honest though Ninja has completely lucked out in terms of how his life has gone so far. Lul at him "grinding his ass off". I would sacrifice at least one limb to be in his position.

Pretty ignorant post tbh. I'm guessing you weren't a viewer when Ninja was streaming reach 1v1s in his parents basement for the maybe 40 people watching. You would sacrifice a limb, Ninja sacrificed years of grinding to get to where he is. It might seem like he has it made now, it wasn't always that way. Nadeshot used to work at Mcdonalds. Sure luck has an influence, but you could have been just as lucky as him and never know it because while he was grinding you were not. Don't just look at the results.

• Upvote (+1) 6

been back here, lurking, since vegas... been playing halo again... i really did miss you guys

We missed your sig.  :ace:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Worlds groups will be announced tommorrow on ESLHalo's twitter according to the new community update

Worlds groups will be announced tommorrow on ESLHalo's twitter according to the new community update

They should have released this information at least a month ago.

Vision is out, the Halo segment starts around the 10 minute mark

• Upvote (+1) 7