CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm going threw the EXACT issue Ninja is. I make 1/1000th of what he does, but its MADDENING. Last year internet was on its way to being regulated like a utility.

• Upvote (+1) 9

12 teams is an odd #. I would assume its 2 pools of 6, 1 pool of 12, or a straight up double elimination bracket.

at this point assuming anything leads to disappointment

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still don't believe groups should be for knockouts either. Just seeds. I just know there's going to be some group fuckery where an na team gets screwed. Everyone should be in the double elimination portion

• Upvote (+1) 4

I still don't believe groups should be for knockouts either. Just seeds. I just know there's going to be some group fuckery where an na team gets screwed. Everyone should be in the double elimination portion

That's why they should be using the GSL format for groups.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can assure you whatever format they announce there is gonna be a lot of people pissed that it could be better (not defending them tho)

I feel like this thread massively overstates how bad things are with H5...

Not at all. The game is absolutely unplayable as a solo player in arena and has been for a year and a half. Not to mention things like splinter nades and autos that ruin gameplay. Also shitty unplayable gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I'm more worried about the foreign teams to be honest, especially since it's likely only one foreign team will be guaranteed to make winners, with a possibility of two guaranteed if there's an NA group of death (which no one wants). That's obviously assuming four groups of three.

I know they're not likely to win (understatement), but if it's supposed to be the Halo World Championship then they should at least go to losers so we see as much of them as possible.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In what way? Outside of the game not being good and not attracting an audience/casuals here are some bad things about this league.

• Settings are a complete joke 
  • Pro League is terrible
  • Twitch numbers have continued to dwindle
  • Still not getting any information about worlds with little over a week left
  • Nobody has a clue what's to come next in terms of tournaments
  • We have 12 teams at worlds
  • ESL can't even be counted on to make decent rules (example: Pnda taking pro league spot from Bubu)
  • 343 continues to refuse to work with MLG and instead uses mostly uncapable TO's
  • LCQ went till what 3-330 AM ET?
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 7

snip

Yea, I gotcha. Don't let mine (or others) negativity get to you. With a lot of eSports communities, you will see tons of passion for good and bad. I would say most are excited to see the top Halo teams duke it out be the week, just wish we had info on how it's going to be played lol. Either way, OpTic Top 1.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lots to feel down about in the world of Halo but also lots to be excited about, imo.

Worlds starts in 8 days and that's why I always say, "shum-shum-schlippety-dop!" 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yea, I gotcha. Don't let mine (or others) negativity get to you. With a lot of eSports communities, you will see tons of passion for good and bad. I would say most are excited to see the top Halo teams duke it out be the week, just wish we had info on how it's going to be played lol. Either way, OpTic Top 1.

Fabe Top 1*

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ninja has grinded his ass off to get where he is today, he continues to work crazy hard, and his version of "playing video games at home all day" is probably more hard work and more stressful than my 8-5 office job. 

Yes, he is privileged enough and talented enough to have the opportunities he has in the first place, but there's a reason not everyone becomes a Ninja.

If we are being totally honest though Ninja has completely lucked out in terms of how his life has gone so far. Lul at him "grinding his ass off". I would sacrifice at least one limb to be in his position.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 25

You say that as if Halo 5 is already successful and positive in its overall retention and community feedback. Yet Halo 5 is in the bottom 20 of the most played games on XBL, as the console's flagship title.

Look at games that properly implement feedback at an exponentially faster rate like GoW 4, and you'd understand how much frustration this game garners and deserves.

• Upvote (+1) 4

luck doesnt just place you in that situation, you have to put yourself in good position many times over for it to eventually occur

In any creative endeavor, there are three things you need to succeed.

Effort: You have to put in the work.

Hubris: You have to believe you are doing what you're doing because you're better at it than someone.

Luck: In the end, whether or not you succeed is never in your hands. You're a gambler.

(This is a modified monologue from my favorite manga series, Bakuman. The two guys who wrote Deathnote later made a series about two high schoolers aspiring to be mangaka.)

• Upvote (+1) 4

You say that as if Halo 5 is already successful and positive in its overall retention and community feedback. Yet Halo 5 is in the bottom 20 of the most played games on XBL, as the console's flagship title.

Look at games that properly implement feedback at an exponentially faster rate like GoW 4, and you'd understand how much frustration this game garners and deserves.

No offense to Gears but what has its handling gotten it to? It normally has lower twitch,XBL players and lower Tournament viewers. It also launched with PC and came out a year later. It also got MLG. It's weird. How it got handled so much better than Halo yet Halo this does a bit better.I also look at a game like H1Z1 and it is so successful with a slower developer than 343.

• Upvote (+1) 5

No offense to Gears but what has its handling gotten it to? It normally has lower twitch,XBL players and lower Tournament viewers. It also launched with PC and came out a year later. It also got MLG. It's weird. How it got handled so much better than Halo yet Halo this does a bit better.I also look at a game like H1Z1 and it is so successful with a slower developer than 343.

Uh...what?? MCC still isn't fixed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i have no clue why ninja is so polarizing.

Is this the part where, since we've already beaten "Ninja plays H1Z1" into the ground, we switch to the subject of his use of the word "rape"?

I mean, I feel like we haven't visited that subject in like a year.

In what way? Outside of the game not being good and not attracting an audience/casuals here are some bad things about this league.

• Settings are a complete joke 
  • Pro League is terrible
  • Twitch numbers have continued to dwindle
  • Still not getting any information about worlds with little over a week left
  • Nobody has a clue what's to come next in terms of tournaments
  • We have 12 teams at worlds
  • ESL can't even be counted on to make decent rules (example: Pnda taking pro league spot from Bubu)
  • 343 continues to refuse to work with MLG and instead uses mostly uncapable TO's
  • LCQ went till what 3-330 AM ET?

While I disagree with a lot of what you say here, I find this comment to be the most baffling. Are you just choosing to forget that Dreamhack Atlanta/Denver were announced? I am personally very excited for these events.

Here you go in case you need a reminder...

• Upvote (+1) 3