CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hate to be that guy, but I'm still surprised Halo even has 1 Million Dollars, thought it would have been something like $300-500k for Worlds considering where we are at.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Hopefully this means a plethora of open events the world over.

LOL, I like you, but that's some serious salt. If I paid for a service, I expect it to work.

Show me an ISP that never has technical difficulties or outages. I'm not defending Comcast but this shit happens to everyone. Ninja is simply in a situation where it effects him more than it does most people.

Maybe he should switch to MLG for his ISP.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I assume Worlds is gonna start with pool play (4 groups of 3 teams) and the top 2 teams advance to the next bracket?

I would like to see no one eliminated by pools, so the bottom team in each group would go to the loser's bracket. 
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Hate to be that guy, but I'm still surprised Halo even has 1 Million Dollars, thought it would have been something like $300-500k for Worlds considering where we are at.

I'll bet they saved a lot of the crowd funding that obviously didn't make it into last year's worlds after they froze the prize pool.

Show me an ISP that never has technical difficulties or outages. I'm not defending Comcast but this shit happens to everyone. Ninja is simply in a situation where it effects him more than it does most people.

Maybe he should switch to MLG for his ISP.

Didn't he put a video out a few weeks ago that said he had no internet service for almost 2 weeks because they kept sending out novice repairmen and eventually some dude came and fixed it in a couple hours for their entire building?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll bet they saved a lot of the crowd funding that obviously didn't make it into last year's worlds after they froze the prize pool.

That and team skins have probably made them some money as well.

if that's how you feel only pay out champ bracket

Then foreign teams have no reason to bother qualifying.

Obviously.

Though hydro is kind of different because in many areas one hydro company has a monopoly which prevents you from seeking a different provider if the one you currently have is proving inadequate service.

Pretty similar to ISP's in local areas in America, where I live i only get one provider. Shit should work even more if thats the case

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't he put a video out a few weeks ago that said he had no internet service for almost 2 weeks because they kept sending out novice repairmen and eventually some dude came and fixed it in a couple hours for their entire building?

No idea. All I know is he's streaming almost every time I open the Twitch app so it can't be that bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

For the current state that Halo 5 is, a 1 million dollar tournament is MORE than enough. Pro's (and the community) should be glad we are actually getting this, that being  said... never settle. Ninja is a good example.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The duo of Pistola and Mikwen really holds nV back from competing with OG consistently.  ANY combination of two players from Liquid is better than those two.  

Pistola does not hold Envy back WTF am I reading.

It has to stay top heavy.

Noooo. I definitely agree with Ryan's latest video.

Probably going to get downvoted but I feel like I need to say that posts like these are the ones people run with and take as fact when 75% of what is said is ridiculously false about everyone. I believe Snakebite made a similar post on this but it's literally insane how much disconnect there is between what is actually happening in high level Halo and what is perceived by the average viewer. It's also pretty mind numbing how much bias some casters have towards players and how this can play into most of the community's perception of what's on the screen and their thoughts of a player. One of the most interesting concepts in the Halo community and I think eSports in general is how the community's opinion can manifest itself into a pro's opinion too, which is cancerous. Don't mean to be disrespectful, just what I see when I come on here. Just my .02

Part of the problem (since like 2008 or whenever we've had the ability to switch views), is the fact that casters focus on what makes things flashy or hype. We spend too much time on the viewpoint of a sniper rather than on non flashy players like shooter or el town who are making good, educational plays. We also needa stop switching views every time someone dies.

• Upvote (+1) 8

id almost rather worlds be 750k with another qualifier, bump the pize pool of the 3 qualifiers, and put whatever is left of that million towards advertising the halo events (not hw2) and paying production staff.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Pretty similar to ISP's in local areas in America, where I live i only get one provider. Shit should work even more if thats the case

Doesn't ninja live in a major city? He would likely have access to several Internet service providers.

@@TheSimms The groups being drawn is going to be streamed on the Halo channel right and not the esl_halo one right?

Did they mean Twitch channel? 

I see channel and I thought social media channels. I figured they would have linked to the Twitch channel if it was being streamed?

I'm glad your assumptions are wrong.

Then foreign teams have no reason to bother qualifying.

-they win their regions prize pool

-free trip to NA

-bragging rights

Who's defending Comcast? People just don't like reading rich people whine about first world problems.

TIL building a career for yourself and being successful at it means you can't complain about that career being jeopardized

• Upvote (+1) 3

1. i think worlds viewership will be good because you have OpTic and NV at the top, both of those teams really bring the fans. 2. if hitch does this documentary, it will be good. That dude doesnt half ass anything. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Don't think you're being "that" guy. It's just being realistic. Halo is in an atrocious place. Not its worst place ever, but still a real bad place. From an outside perspecitive (someone who isn't a competitor or avid fan/viewer of Halo 5), it's hard for me to understand why there actually is a $1mil tournament besides the fact that it's a way to keep up with other console esports games like Call of Duty and Gears of War. Just my two cents.