CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ESL remembered they have a tournament next week.

I don't know if I'll ever get over how sick the str8 rippin logo is.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Fun Fact: The handbook gave a detailed breakdown for every single qualification tournament's format, but the actual structure of Worlds is no where to be seen.

Will there even be Group Play at this tournament?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fun Fact: The handbook gave a detailed breakdown for every single qualification tournament's format, but the actual structure of Worlds is no where to be seen.

Judging off that ESL tweet I would say yes, but there is really still no way of knowing. Begs the question why they still didn't bring 16 teams if there is pool play and then a double elim bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Judging off that ESL tweet I would say yes, but there is really still no way of knowing. Begs the question why they still didn't bring 16 teams if there is pool play and then a double elim bracket.

Prize distribution is lacking as it is. 10k for bottom 4. Adding another 4 teams would only make it worse.

• Downvote (-1) 1

You go from saying "It's not a feeling, it's a certainty" to saying (imo).

Nice to see you showing growth over the course of one forum page.

I said its a certainty that Optic's players are better than Liquid's players

Then I said nV's ceiling is higher than Liquid's ceiling, imo.

Statement 1 has zero correlation with statement 2. Reading is fundamental friend.

• Upvote (+1) 3

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halowc-2017-announce - I believe this was covered in the original announcement article.

''Based on player and fan feedback from this year's event, the Finals format will feature a group stage followed by a double-elimination bracket''

• Upvote (+1) 5

I said its a certainty that Optic's players are better than Liquid's players

Then I said nV's ceiling is higher than Liquid's ceiling, imo.

Statement 1 has zero correlation with statement 2. Reading is fundamental friend.

"A is definitely greater than C."

"If C were better than A, then they would have beat A like B beat A."

"I think B is better than C, but that's just an opinion."

If your opinion is incorrect, and C is actually better than B, then the second statement would mean that C is actually good enough to beat A under certain circumstances.

Sorry, I read all three of your statements rather than just the two I referenced in the post.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Prize distribution is lacking as it is. 10k for bottom 4. Adding another 4 teams would only make it worse.

Why this event isn't crowd funded at all still boggles my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why this event isn't crowd funded at all still boggles my mind.

I would rather a few more smaller open events than just add more money on to one. The 2.5 million from last year was ridiculous. I also don't think req sales are anywhere near high enough to make a big difference.

I assume Worlds is gonna start with pool play (4 groups of 3 teams) and the top 2 teams advance to the next bracket?

I assume Worlds is gonna start with pool play (4 groups of 3 teams) and the top 2 teams advance to the next bracket?

most likely

i'm sick of people saying the prize pool isn't big enough for more teams

its one million dollars ffs

It has to stay top heavy.

• Downvote (-1) 3

ESL remembered they have a tournament next week.

The logos being different sizes is annoying me, especially the Splyce one (its too big and is cut off at the bottom)  :mj:

So who should be in what group?

Who's defending Comcast? People just don't like reading rich people whine about first world problems.

LOL, I like you, but that's some serious salt. If I paid for a service, I expect it to work. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does the crowdfunding go entirely into prize pools? Or can it be used for general HCS stuff?

I'm curious where people would like to see their money spent. Increase prize totals/more places payed out? Or on better venues and overall spectator/tournament experience?

If any teams are traveling to Cali early I'm more than happy to host bootcamping/scrims at the Arena for you guys.

Talk to the guys from Immunity, I believe they're already out there and would probably love to set something up. <3

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dont quote me but I believe it's so the Money can be spread out across several events over the year and increase their prize pool's rather than ploughing it into 1 like HWC 16. I think a 1 Mill pool is more than OK personally?

I completely accept the idea that we should spread prize money from crowdfunding over the entire year. It helps create more "big" events.

I guess my only question is why Worlds got no money at all? None of the open qualifiers for this event got it, and there are only 2 more events planned for the rest of the year. I dont know how much money is brought in through REQs at this point (Could be nothing I guess), but it feels like Worlds could have gotten some allotment after the crazy amount it got last year. I could be wrong.

I also would question it more if part of the reason only 12 teams were brought this year was prize money distribution concerns for the bottom teams. I think that has more to do with double elim this year though.

Does the crowdfunding go entirely into prize pools? Or can it be used for general HCS stuff?

I'm curious where people would like to see their money spent. Increase prize totals/more places payed out? Or on better venues and overall spectator/tournament experience?

Details we have I believe

Ironically they know how shitty it is to find this info...and still do nothing about it.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If any teams are traveling to Cali early I'm more than happy to host bootcamping/scrims at the Arena for you guys.

This message probably well worth passing to FabE once they get out there, they may have a couple of days to get some scrimming in. @@Jimbo @@TUFOXY Just incase
  • Upvote (+1) 2