CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

been back here, lurking, since vegas... been playing halo again... i really did miss you guys

• Upvote (+1) 9

Ninja has grinded his ass off to get where he is today, he continues to work crazy hard, and his version of "playing video games at home all day" is probably more hard work and more stressful than my 8-5 office job. 

Yes, he is privileged enough and talented enough to have the opportunities he has in the first place, but there's a reason not everyone becomes a Ninja.

To make a broader point, the lack of empathy in here towards pro players from certain people clearly bitter they're not pro players is really weird.

I never said he didn't grind, but comparing streaming to a 8-5 job is a joke. It takes a personality, willingness to take a risk, timing, and consistency. And I'm not bitter at all to not be a pro player. But becoming a streamer once you're married with a kid is borderline impossible as you can't afford to take the risk of having no income for at least a year while you build an audience.

Ninja has grinded his ass off to get where he is today, he continues to work crazy hard, and his version of "playing video games at home all day" is probably more hard work and more stressful than my 8-5 office job. 

Yes, he is privileged enough and talented enough to have the opportunities he has in the first place, but there's a reason not everyone becomes a Ninja.

To make a broader point, the lack of empathy in here towards pro players from certain people clearly bitter they're not pro players is really weird.

i like this post. people forget the hard work altogether once something typically "just for fun" is turned into a lucrative profession

• Upvote (+1) 4

Probably going to get downvoted but I feel like I need to say that posts like these are the ones people run with and take as fact when 75% of what is said is ridiculously false about everyone. I believe Snakebite made a similar post on this but it's literally insane how much disconnect there is between what is actually happening in high level Halo and what is perceived by the average viewer. It's also pretty mind numbing how much bias some casters have towards players and how this can play into most of the community's perception of what's on the screen and their thoughts of a player. One of the most interesting concepts in the Halo community and I think eSports in general is how the community's opinion can manifest itself into a pro's opinion too, which is cancerous. Don't mean to be disrespectful, just what I see when I come on here. Just my .02

When I watched hundreds of hours of MLG VoD I felt like I actually had a handle on how good various pros were, but given how limited our VoD options are for events, I haven't felt confident saying anything about most pros in H5 ...

I'm going to choose to believe that Microsoft blew the whole HWC marketing budget on H3A marketing.

H3A announced at Worlds boys. Get hyped.

I admire your optimism

If I made as much money as @@Ninja, I would move to somewhere with Google Fiber, not going to lie. It would suck to leave family and friends, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to provide the best life for your family and future children (if they're coming). It sucks, and it's unfortunate that Comcast is screwing him, but difficult decisions come with EXTREMELY WELL PAID jobs in all professions.

And just to be clear, I do not think it's fair, I do think he has the right to complain, and I'd be extremely irritated as well.

The biggest deterrent is that depending on how far he has to go, moving all his stuff could easily cost 10k+. I moved a bed, dresser and clothes across the country and that cost me almost 2 grand since its done by weight. A lot of jobs will pay moving expenses to some extent, but being self emplyed, that money would come out of his own pocket

When I watched hundreds of hours of MLG VoD I felt like I actually had a handle on how good various pros were, but given how limited our VoD options are for events, I haven't felt confident saying anything about most pros in H5 ...

While we don't have the same Tourney VoD options anymore, you have much greater access to Pro gameplay than ever before thanks to HaloWaypoint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is the party restriction "fix" in ??? Because I haven't seen any change.

Nope

Liquid doesn't have the skill to beat optic so i hope nV can actually be consistent again and make a finals appearance to make the event somewhat interesting 

Liquid has more skill than nv. Eco Stellur and Penguin could all be top 10 players and Rayne plays very well with Penguin don't underestimate him. Huke is the only person on EnVy who seems to have the skill to match OpTic.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

While we don't have the same Tourney VoD options anymore, you have much greater access to Pro gameplay than ever before thanks to HaloWaypoint.

stats can only say so much.  I remember not believing that Totz was good until I watched a bunch of his VoD ... that guy's shot was ridiculous in H3, like an aimbot.  his decision-making was questionable, but ...

anyway this is actually similar to something that SC2 pros said about their games being casted, that even high-level casters would usually miss the most important plays in a game ... the things that really made pros stand out were going completely unnoticed by casters and therefore by viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What makes you feel this way?

Players on Liquid are not as skilled as the players on Optic. 

Not a feeling. A certainty

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Ah poor Ninja, I'm sure it must suck to live in the first world having such an overwhelming job like streaming videogames is.

even if it wasn't his job he is paying for a service he is not fully getting. i would be mad to. when my internet speeds got really bad i called everyday and complained and eventually i went to their facebook where everyone else could see and complained there to. I got a call within minutes from their marketing team and got my internet fixed. this was just a small internet company though and not comcast.

Nope

Liquid has more skill than nv. Eco Stellur and Penguin could all be top 10 players and Rayne plays very well with Penguin don't underestimate him. Huke is the only person on EnVy who seems to have the skill to match OpTic.

Liquid is the better team right now but to say Liquid is better individually than nV also?

Yea thats a no from me.

If that was the case Liquid wouldve beaten optic (at least once) in a tournament like nV did. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably going to get downvoted but I feel like I need to say that posts like these are the ones people run with and take as fact when 75% of what is said is ridiculously false about everyone. I believe Snakebite made a similar post on this but it's literally insane how much disconnect there is between what is actually happening in high level Halo and what is perceived by the average viewer. It's also pretty mind numbing how much bias some casters have towards players and how this can play into most of the community's perception of what's on the screen and their thoughts of a player. One of the most interesting concepts in the Halo community and I think eSports in general is how the community's opinion can manifest itself into a pro's opinion too, which is cancerous. Don't mean to be disrespectful, just what I see when I come on here. Just my .02

I highly doubt any pros are taking what this Plat scrub says seriously  :wutface: . Will say there is some obvious bias from casters and which plays randomly make it on screen - impossible for viewer to know what happens all the time. Interested to see what your thoughts are on the players I mentioned (75% so not just you  :D )

Players on Liquid are not as skilled as the players on Optic. 

Not a feeling. A certainty

I'd love to see you back that up.

Liquid is the better team right now but to say Liquid is better individually than nV also?

Yea thats a no from me.

If that was the case Liquid wouldve beaten optic (at least once) in a tournament like nV did. 

Until EnVy gets even somewhat close to doing it again it's a fluke in my eyes. Individual skill is far from the most important thing when it comes to beating OpTic that isn't why EnVy beat them and that won't be why Liquid hasn't beat them.

you say that like he shouldnt be upset that his career and livelihood is being fucked with by his isp

Misread the tweet. Thought he was complaining about having to practice cutting into his H1z1 time. My bad.

stats can only say so much.  I remember not believing that Totz was good until I watched a bunch of his VoD ... that guy's shot was ridiculous in H3, like an aimbot.  his decision-making was questionable, but ...

anyway this is actually similar to something that SC2 pros said about their games being casted, that even high-level casters would usually miss the most important plays in a game ... the things that really made pros stand out were going completely unnoticed by casters and therefore by viewers.

I'm not talking about stats.

I'm talking about the "Bookmark Film" button on Halo Waypoint.

You can watch replays of any point of view from any scrim or online tournament match that took place within the last week.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not talking about stats.

I'm talking about the "Bookmark Film" button on Halo Waypoint.

You can watch replays of any point of view from any scrim or online tournament match that took place within the last week.

do you even lift bro?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea thats a no from me.

The duo of Pistola and Mikwen really holds nV back from competing with OG consistently.  ANY combination of two players from Liquid is better than those two.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't blame Ninja for complaining about an internet outage; but to think that they won't happen or shouldn't happen is naive. As someone who makes a living doing what he does, he should understand that risk and have insurances to continue doing his job if Comcast goes down.

Seriously, outages happen. A wind storm could occur. A car could take out a pole. Some construction equipment could cut into an underground line. These things are out of Comcast's control and could happen any time. Not to mention the poor track record of Comcast in regard to things that are in its control.

It's not Comcast's job to guarantee 100% reliability. I see people saying he should track the amount of money he's losing and come back to Comcast for that money. That's not how it works.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The duo of Pistola and Mikwen really holds nV back from competing with OG consistently. ANY combination of two players from Liquid is better than those two.

Mikwen will get dropped during the next transfer period. NV will still lose. Quote me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ah poor Ninja, I'm sure it must suck to live in the first world having such an overwhelming job like streaming videogames is.

So many negs for the truth.

Lol

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 14

The duo of Pistola and Mikwen really holds nV back from competing with OG consistently.  ANY combination of two players from Liquid is better than those two.  

I agree. 

Consistency is nV's biggest problem. Thats why I really hope they show this event because their ceiling is higher than Liquid's ceiling (imo) 

(imo) 

You go from saying "It's not a feeling, it's a certainty" to saying (imo).

Nice to see you showing growth over the course of one forum page.

• Upvote (+1) 8