CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ah poor Ninja, I'm sure it must suck to live in the first world having such an overwhelming job like streaming videogames is.

Yeah, people shouldn't be upset that they can't earn money and provide for their family. 

Your line of thinking is so childish. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

not like he'd actually consider anything anyway. he might read 1 post and respond to it. 

I almost feel stupid reminding you that, in the short time he's been back, he's made multiple material changes to matchmaking and has been constantly gathering and evaluating feedback. He's provided real and honest responses to questions we've been trying to get answered for over a year.

What I'm trying to say is, of all the 343i employees to criticize for inaction and non-communication, Josh is not the one.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I almost feel stupid reminding you that, in the short time he's been back, he's made multiple material changes to matchmaking and has been constantly gathering and evaluating feedback. He's provided real and honest responses to questions we've been trying to get answered for over a year.

What I'm trying to say is, of all the 343i employees to criticize for inaction and non-communication, Josh is not the one.

I don't think that any of his changes are in the game yet.

Bonnie Ross probably reads this forum. Shes in charge of halo. She even mentioned teambeyond iirc

Hitch's Snapchat

Would be great for him to track down and interview some of the players from back in the day. Gandhi would be a great idea, and get Hecz to fly him to Austrailia and interview Ogre 1. Although they aren't players, Puckett and Adam must have tons of stories. 

Who's going to take one for the team and find all of the player's Myspace profiles from back then for pics?  :lxthul:

I don't think that any of his changes are in the game yet.

Nah, some of them are in such as the Onyx tweaks and something else I'm forgetting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, some of them are in such as the Onyx tweaks and something else I'm forgetting.

Is the party restriction "fix" in ??? Because I haven't seen any change.

Liquid doesn't have the skill to beat optic so i hope nV can actually be consistent again and make a finals appearance to make the event somewhat interesting 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I made as much money as @@Ninja, I would move to somewhere with Google Fiber, not going to lie. It would suck to leave family and friends, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to provide the best life for your family and future children (if they're coming). It sucks, and it's unfortunate that Comcast is screwing him, but difficult decisions come with EXTREMELY WELL PAID jobs in all professions. 

And just to be clear, I do not think it's fair, I do think he has the right to complain, and I'd be extremely irritated as well. 

While I understand his frustration, I'm unable to feel too bad for someone that makes probably 3x what I do from playing video games at home all day.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

it barely even feels like there's a one million dollar tournament next week

i was hoping for some hype videos or something leading up into hwc

i suppose they still have next week...

If I never followed this forum, I wouldn't know about the HWC. 

I check Twitter regularly, and I do follow Halo/HCS. Played H5 for the first time in weeks last night, and read all four messages of the day.. nothing about HWC. 

For all the talk of 343 "getting it" back around H4 Global Championship, they sure don't actually "get it" at all. 

For as much developer support as we have, it still feels very much like this is a grassroots effort to shine any light on the actual scene. Frustrations have taken their toll on every level of the competitive community. It's hard to have a healthy scene when the majority are fed up. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja has grinded his ass off to get where he is today, he continues to work crazy hard, and his version of "playing video games at home all day" is probably more hard work and more stressful than my 8-5 office job. 

Yes, he is privileged enough and talented enough to have the opportunities he has in the first place, but there's a reason not everyone becomes a Ninja.

To make a broader point, the lack of empathy in here towards pro players from certain people clearly bitter they're not pro players is really weird.

Sheesh, you get your wife pregnant and you lose your spine.

What's next, you stop memeing? Check yourself.

totally agree, he absolutely grinds and have subbed to him a lot in the past. Saying "he doesn't work" is grossly unfair

• Upvote (+1) 9

it barely even feels like there's a one million dollar tournament next week

i was hoping for some hype videos or something leading up into hwc

i suppose they still have next week...

I was thinking the same fucking thing

• Upvote (+1) 3

I have a degree in Multimedia Design & Development. I make HCS content on what little free time I have. We put out at least 3 or 4 HCS videos a week with a live show. 343 hire me and we will have HCS content coming out of our ears.

The shit HCS marketing has gone on for way too long.

I'll help. I got some video equipment  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I figured there would be some sort of hype videos but as long as there is some actual filler content I'll be happy. I'm surprised they haven't paid for more advertising for the event though. I literally haven't seen anything anywhere. Might just be what I follow.

I figured there would be some sort of hype videos but as long as there is some actual filler content I'll be happy. I'm surprised they haven't paid for more advertising for the event though. I literally haven't seen anything anywhere. Might just be what I follow.

I kind of expected some stuff on @Xbox and maybe Major Nelson saying he'll be there but I guess not.

I kind of expected some stuff on @Xbox and maybe Major Nelson saying he'll be there but I guess not.

I'm going to choose to believe that Microsoft blew the whole HWC marketing budget on H3A marketing.

H3A announced at Worlds boys. Get hyped.

• Upvote (+1) 4

If I made as much money as @@Ninja, I would move to somewhere with Google Fiber, not going to lie. It would suck to leave family and friends, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to provide the best life for your family and future children (if they're coming). It sucks, and it's unfortunate that Comcast is screwing him, but difficult decisions come with EXTREMELY WELL PAID jobs in all professions.

And just to be clear, I do not think it's fair, I do think he has the right to complain, and I'd be extremely irritated as well.

Man, money isn't the most important thing here in life. Being Happy is more important. Just watch this:

https://youtu.be/Xe1a1wHxTyo

:)

Edit: why doesn't it embed? On mobile

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1