CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i dont know how internet company work in the USA, but if my interenet fails i can get another ISP in less than 48 hours and i live in shit poor country Costa Rica

many areas in U.S. have only one cable/ethernet ISP, it's sort of insane

i dont understand how in the land of capitalism you guys have those kind of situations.

Companies like google and verizon are trying to use the fiber thats been buried and left unused since the 90s but comcast and such are fighting that. Its gotten so bad that some cities like Chattanooga have created municipal isps

And lets not forget that comcast has created data caps on home internet. I bet ninja pays out the ass in order play and stream like he does

• Upvote (+1) 2

Companies like google and verizon are trying to use the fiber thats been buried and left unused since the 90s but comcast and such are fighting that. Its gotten so bad that some cities like Chattanooga have created municipal isps

And lets not forget that comcast has created data caps on home internet. I bet ninja pays out the ass in order play and stream like he does

this is why it blows my mind that i have to be "connected to ea servers" to play an offline game. i miss the simpler times

• Upvote (+1) 4

Internet outages suck and it's super unfortunate timing. Honestly whoever said Ninja should move to a different location has the best solution to the problem.

It's not something he should have to do but it beats sitting around waiting for the issue to be resolved given how slow ISPs can be to do anything.

Long story short the options are to do nothing but wait and get mad about it or deal with the annoyance of moving to a different location for a while and still be able to stream and practice.

Again I'm not saying he should have to do that, I'm just saying it's probably the best option for right now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Many ppl at 343 are probably afraid to post here, but if they offered any honest responses like Holmes used to or Neighbor does from time to time, they would find only love.

If 343 is serious about feedback/making amends they could just create a thread here and ask for feedback. Like something like "Lets talk __" or "What do you think about ___" or "We would like to __ with __, what are your thoughts". And just go through that feedback and have a dialogue.

If they did it right and were genuine it'd go really far within the community. First one might be a little rocky, but it'd quickly improve. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Fly out on the 22nd.

Was unable to get any backing for the boot camp sadly.

Thats a real shame but not a cheap thing to do id imagine. Best if luck though man, cant wait for it to get started
  • Upvote (+1) 1

i dont understand how in the land of capitalism you guys have those kind of situations.

Right, you'd think we'd value competition right?

Well typically a single provider either owns the infrastructure or signs a multi-year deal with the owner to exclusively operate and maintain the infrastructure.

In order for a competitor to enter an area, they either need to build out their own infrastructure (which means getting licenses to dig up roads to lay new cable and a ton of $- which isn't worth the ROI), or the incumbent operator allows them to use their infrastructure (Few companies would allow competition on their turf when they are enjoying a captive market).

When it comes time for court action and legislation against these monopolies, the prevailing argument is other ISPs can (and do) enter these markets via DSL, dial-up, and satellite- so there is a means for 'competition'. And since the cable lobby is flush with $ and the gov't corrupt, the big cable ISPs win out.

countries that have actual competition between ISPs tend to either have laws in place that force operators to allow all competition to use the infrastructure at a reasonable rate or the infrastructure is state owned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja has a proper right to be mad about this, are you kids dumb or what?

Internet going out is one of the most infuriating things that can happen to me. Every time it happens I'm in the worst mood that I can possibly be in.

Now think of Ninja who is not only a professional gamer in two different games that have big events coming up but is a streamer who is missing out on the THOUSANDS of dollars he makes in a good day of streaming. I can't imagine how frustrating it is for him right now. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Probably going to get downvoted but I feel like I need to say that posts like these are the ones people run with and take as fact when 75% of what is said is ridiculously false about everyone. I believe Snakebite made a similar post on this but it's literally insane how much disconnect there is between what is actually happening in high level Halo and what is perceived by the average viewer. It's also pretty mind numbing how much bias some casters have towards players and how this can play into most of the community's perception of what's on the screen and their thoughts of a player. One of the most interesting concepts in the Halo community and I think eSports in general is how the community's opinion can manifest itself into a pro's opinion too, which is cancerous. Don't mean to be disrespectful, just what I see when I come on here. Just my .02

Dude I wouldn't take this seriously, Everyone knew you and devon were not the problem with that team. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probably going to get downvoted but I feel like I need to say that posts like these are the ones people run with and take as fact when 75% of what is said is ridiculously false about everyone. I believe Snakebite made a similar post on this but it's literally insane how much disconnect there is between what is actually happening in high level Halo and what is perceived by the average viewer. It's also pretty mind numbing how much bias some casters have towards players and how this can play into most of the community's perception of what's on the screen and their thoughts of a player. One of the most interesting concepts in the Halo community and I think eSports in general is how the community's opinion can manifest itself into a pro's opinion too, which is cancerous. Don't mean to be disrespectful, just what I see when I come on here. Just my .02

Probably going to get downvoted but I feel like this is an overrated post  :kappa:

C'mon, give us your top 15 players, we will take it as a fact from now on :kappa:.

Seriously though, would be nice to see what you think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If a pro player lets his opinion of a player's skill be influenced by a forum then that pro player has nobody to blame but himself and is probably being willfully ignorant. I frankly find it hard to believe that any player who watches your gameplay and thinks it's really good could then see a few forum posts and think, "nah, maybe these people who have never played against Contra or played in a LAN know better than me."

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

and last time he played from a hotel room he Victory X got dropped by eg lol

Fixed

• Upvote (+1) 5

If I made as much money as @@Ninja, I would move to somewhere with Google Fiber, not going to lie. It would suck to leave family and friends, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do in order to provide the best life for your family and future children (if they're coming). It sucks, and it's unfortunate that Comcast is screwing him, but difficult decisions come with EXTREMELY WELL PAID jobs in all professions. 

And just to be clear, I do not think it's fair, I do think he has the right to complain, and I'd be extremely irritated as well. 

• Upvote (+1) 4