CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The smash doc generated a lot of hype and interest in smash when it came out and it allows newcomers to good a good grip on the history of the game. Could be huge for halo if hitch does it.

But the smash community still uses a good game, no matter how much hype,exposure,etc... Halo 5 will never be huge.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Final boss is was so fucking dominant. It's crazy how Ogre 2 has 40+ LAN wins and then the next highest is Ogre 1 and Walshy with around 30 and then after that is Snip3down and pistola with half of 2gre's wins.

Edit: Saiyan might actually have more than Snip3down it depends on if you count some of his H1 wins.

OG2 was dominant in 4v4 from August 2003 to April 2008 ... I think the length of time is more important than actual LAN wins, because MLG had like 13 LANs in a year.  (It's like ZeRo's 50-win streak in Sm4sh ... not as impressive because he was literally playing two tourneys a week and the competition wasn't always that amazing.)  

But the fact that OG2 was dominant for 56 months (and then came back to win events in late H3 and late H:R, and placed well in H2A) is absurdly impressive and I doubt that OpTic will ever reach that point.  Lethul has been dominant from November 2014 to March 2017, which is impressive, but ...

• Upvote (+1) 4

Also, feedback welcome on this on, tried something different for youtube along with increasing the sharpness and brightness to make it look a little better from the rebroadcast for this who haven't watched it yet, planning on getting all of LCQ uploaded over the course of this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDJVGmsc1Yg

Would you guys prefer individual map uploads as opposed to a whole series with time stamps?

Would you prefer my caster camera pov/no casting camera pov?

This seems good to me

If Hitch is gonna do this documentary he has to touch on the influence Halo 3 had on esports. I legit don't think people nowadays remember just how much it opened up things. Tsquared was on fucking TV!! and Dr Pepper bottles!! in 2006!! Tom Taylor (Tom Taylor)!

No doubt that shit sped up the process for games like LoL and CSGO to explode the way they have, in NA anyway

And not to leave out the T2 Real Life episode either during that time

• Upvote (+1) 1

If Hitch is gonna do this documentary he has to touch on the influence Halo 3 had on esports. I legit don't think people nowadays remember just how much it opened up things. Tsquared was on fucking TV!! and Dr Pepper bottles!! in 2006!! Tom Taylor (Tom Taylor)!

No doubt that shit sped up the process for games like LoL and CSGO to explode the way they have, in NA anyway

Counterstrike was big when Halo was big.

But CPL fucking up and CS Source losing the support of pro players shot it's growth in the foot. Valve remedied that with GO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, feedback welcome on this on, tried something different for youtube along with increasing the sharpness and brightness to make it look a little better from the rebroadcast for this who haven't watched it yet, planning on getting all of LCQ uploaded over the course of this week.

video

Would you guys prefer individual map uploads as opposed to a whole series with time stamps?

Would you prefer my caster camera pov/no casting camera pov?

i like the individual map uploads. i know its probably more work, but it becomes easier to find the matches you missed/want to see again. and i like the caster pov

• Upvote (+1) 1

The smash doc generated a lot of hype and interest in smash when it came out and it allows newcomers to good a good grip on the history of the game. Could be huge for halo if hitch does it.

How so. Smash has a lot of positives going for it.

A halo documentary would just show the rise and fall of a franchise and how halo fans are now learning how to cope in the post apocalyptic rubble that remains.

It would be depressing more than anything.

It could end with the 11% poll and sad, funeral bag pipe music.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I might be in the minority but I dont see why Cratos and team needs an org, I hope they stay as Crowd Pleasers. 

Worlds would be paid for, pro league will most likely be online again, so why would they want to give up a % of their earnings?

Also don't pro teams get flown out to Lans by HCS?

• Upvote (+1) 4

A halo documentary would just show the rise and fall of a franchise and how halo fans are now learning how to cope in the post apocalyptic rubble that remains.

Britney_Spears_Toxic.png

• Upvote (+1) 5

I like it so much I cannot stomach playing other playlists- even with the rampant quitting and clueless teammates.

This is really the only annoying aspect, and that's because of one thing (imo)- they didn't use any sort of CSR reference from Arena. I know modified radar is different, but they shouldn't have everyone play this playlist like their CSR's are blank slates.

do like that, even if I'm getting stomped score-wise by a To4, I can usually keep my head above water individually solely by using the extra sneakability granted.

However, it's no wonder that so many people quit. I ran into Calm, Burton ?, Hunter jjX, and Posey.... except they were all ranked around Platinum. I had the (mis)fortune of scrounging together a full squad of randos, and I'm 99% sure two of them have trouble getting their shoes tied daily, and those two lasted maybe a minute or two before quitting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i mean yeah we're not on top anymore, but with the direction settings are going and the every rising level of play, i feel that we are going upward. if we keep pushing, and the pro team is able to exert more influence like it seems they have been doing lately, then the rest of this year and next year could be really good. will we return to hce/2/3 in terms of gameplay? maybe not. probably not really, but things are trending up. can halopull more viewers and larger lans?i think so. if nothing else, the hwc season has proven that there is a community hungry for live halo. if h5 can build the momentum and h6 can carry that and implement true lan, there is no reason for this not to be successful.

we are at that turning point and the documentary, if done right, can build that hype

• Upvote (+1) 2

You mean how melee almost died after nintendo tried to kill the scene and after brawl released? Nintendo still barely acknowledges the existence of competitive smash while we get $1mil tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo already fell folks. It can only go up from here.

That all depends on if H3A exists or if Halo 6 is actually a halo game.

I think it was only ever a pitch, and no one said it was actually happening.

The Spielberg thing though... 

Edit: The Spielberg TV show is apparently still happening.

Edit2: Maybe it wasn't just a pitch? 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/pilgrim-343-industries-developing-halo-e-sports-series-951405

I could see ms/343 using the tv series as a marketing tool leading into h6, the same way they used Hunt the Truth for H5 and Forward Unto Dawn in H4.

Curious about the esports series.  Having Dreamhack for two pro league season finals in a row would provide a nice backdrop for the series.  If 343's marketing agenda is reaching broader audiences, Dreamhack is all too coincidental. 

Just wish all this information wasn't so dated.  A lot can change in six months.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Proving grounds is so good, and I'm enjoying it so much, it actually makes me angry that we've been playing with radar for over a year when we could have had this. Now if we could only get them to remove splinters and nerf AR or make it a pickup we could really have something

Do you show up on radar in Proving Grounds when you shoot? If you do, I'd like to see that tweaked to where even if you shoot you still don't show up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Im not sure if Hitch's documentary will be able to top Gandhi's Halo History in terms of being informative, but im all for it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just wish all this information wasn't so dated.  A lot can change in six months.

No news is good news? 

Excited for this Hitch documentary, really enjoy what he does with the videos he makes for OpTic Nation. Assuming he takes his time with this and talks to community members about things that should be in it which he may not know about, I can't see it flopping.