CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i hope they do it and stream it

Kinda crazy that it has gone from pro players lanning H1 to H3 now.

Hope there's a stream.

Just caught up. Ogre 2 put on a historically bad performance in that tournament, damn. I've never seen a pro player look that pathetic and out of his league. Very unfortunate.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

on the west coast, and fell asleep before the end of the 2nd series

happy for bubu's team. i like all of those guys. 

i really don't want roybox to retire. 

But if they do retire, i want them to still stay in the scene. Maybe be a caster or an analyst.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snip

No matter how many times I see this gif I'm still convinced Dave Franco is actually Snipedown.

• Upvote (+1) 6

10AM-12AM would be preferred over 1PM-3AM in anyone's eyes. 10 AM is NOT early lol

Not when you sleep past 3PM every day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just caught up. Ogre 2 put on a historically bad performance in that tournament, damn. I've never seen a pro player look that pathetic and out of his league. Very unfortunate.

He apparently was on a really shitty server. Contra mentioned it as well.

Suppose, the twins and contra stick it out for proleague, who do you guys see them picking up? There is a solid selection of top teams that won't be in the upcoming pro league to choose from.

All three played pretty out of their minds last night and they definitely showed that when they put forth the grind they can compete

You've got a psych degree I'm assuming? Doctorate maybe? If not please shut the fuck up.

Name one thing I said wrong? Then I'll shut up.

Also in what world do you live in where you believe that you need a degree to know what you're talking about every single time. I spent 5 years researching this shit every single day so don't tell me what I don't know when all you're saying is that I don't have a degree. Lastly, I don't understand why you're being a volatile ass over me saying that. Have you got a problem listening to someone without a degree? I spose in your world everyone that has a peace of mind and some advice for others is an idiot before they have a degree. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is absolutely not true.

The tournament did run too late. I'm on the west coast and I watched for about 12 hours. They should have started at 8am PST. They could have ended so much earlier and 8am isn't too early at all. They also should have just run things more smoothly with less breaks.

But I really don't think it was a badly run tournament. Splyce played out of their minds and RyaNoob's team had two Bo7s to win.

Props to @@RyaNoob for being a good sport and even coming here trying to improve things. 

I don't understand how you think I'm disagreeing with your points, I'm talking about something entirely different...

Really not sure where the toxicity came from, maybe you guys are Spartan subs. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I found this good article? Blog? that someone posted on Facebook. Really good points being made about how we poorly present esports to those not involved.

https://writinganovelthelongway.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/a-dog-in-the-fight-the-problem-with-esports-marketing/

The mainstream media chooses to focus on the scale of esports because that it is the way to convey to a non-gaming audience the legitimacy of the pursuit. Coming from a Halo perspective I could understand the concern that our esport is being represented at face value rather than the trials and tribulations of the teams/players themselves but it's a stretch to say this is a problem for all esports.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I was planning a Worlds viewing party and remembered how dumb the schedule was last year with one series being played on Championship Sunday. That was such a awful idea. I really hope they learned not to do that again.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sucks for EG/ALG/Cryptik that they did not make Worlds. While the rest of the pro teams are on the Worlds grind, it would be cool if players from EG/ALG/Cryptik and other tops AMs grind Proving Grounds though and try to work with 343 to influence settings for future seasons.

Would be good because they would still be doing something productive, and they would be getting a jump on other teams who will be spending their time grinding Team Arena. I wouldn't blame them though for wanting to take some time off, really hoping none of them call it quits.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I found this good article? Blog? that someone posted on Facebook. Really good points being made about how we poorly present esports to those not involved.

https://writinganovelthelongway.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/a-dog-in-the-fight-the-problem-with-esports-marketing/

Haven't looked at it from this perspective and he is def right. Halo esports is plagued with much simpler problems though.

But yeah, I would love official articles/photos/videos telling stories. So we need an Hcs journalist ? Guy like Sandman who can shoot and write, always being at events and possibly meeting players in their free time?

Also, where is that reality show ?

(same place as that Spielberg production probably)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Kinda crazy that it has gone from pro players lanning H1 to H3 now.

Hope there's a stream.

I always found it interesting how much bigger the player base was for Halo 2/Halo 3 compared to CE, yet the CE LAN scene is the only one that lived on. I mean when I think about it I guess it's not too crazy why that's the case. Different generations of gamers who were forced to LAN to play vs those with the luxury of XBL who had the options but XBL was easier/simpler.

I may have my preference of game but I still enjoy playing the others and I would hope that all LAN scenes lived on. I wonder why H3 fell flat after it was dropped.

I've said this a million times, and I'm in no way talking to just you but addressing it in general. 343/whoever is in control of settings do whatever they want, our opinions mean jack shit IN MY OPINION.

It's like going to dinner and the chef bringing you food you didn't order or want, and the chef being like "so uhhh ya what didn't you like about that?". So we're in the after process trying to fix their mistakes, remember Stasis? Remember almost torque?! Remember saw?! Like there's so many little things and even big things like maps that they just throw in that we can't really address the actual issues with settings that everyone wants, or SEEMS to want. Only way it works is if we're involved with the process before it's shipped

Dude Zeke, pro team was involved during developement, so they must have everything right. You just want the job. Sellout. :kappa:
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Unpopular, opinion, but i think Millennial did a pretty good job with vegas and this final qualifier.

Really the only only issue is the length of the stream. This was primarily caused by bo7s (which is ideal for such important matches). While i do wish they would start earlier (11:30 est seems fine to me), the REAL solution to limiting streamtime would be a second stream.

Congrats to splyce. I wanted so many of these LCQ teams to be in vegas, that i couldn't even cheer for anyone during the last few series.

Everything would have finished on time if the stream didn't get pushed back until 8pm, and then even after it started, they didn't start until after 830.

And yes to whoever was arguing, it was supposed to be 630

https://twitter.com/millesports/status/839941916976349184

I just don't get defending millenial at this point.

Edit: why can't we embed tweets on mobile?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Suppose, the twins and contra stick it out for proleague, who do you guys see them picking up? There is a solid selection of top teams that won't be in the upcoming pro league to choose from.

All three played pretty out of their minds last night and they definitely showed that when they put forth the grind they can compete

Commonly, Contra, RoyBox

The Problem: Round 2

• Upvote (+1) 3