CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What changes do you want to see from Millennial to stop this from happening? Don't just say they are awful without offering plausible alternatives.

Monday night grand finals? Builds some extra hype, stops games from going until 12am onward, both teams are rested.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What specifically would you do to fix the problem? Many times on these forums we bash people who we think are doing wrong things without figuring out how it could be run better. Instead of just incessantly flaming, we can work together to figure out a solution and then flame when they still don't do it right.

Based on the time winners finals was starting they should've either had T2 and Simms solo cast winners finals and losers semifinals at the same time or just not streamed one.

It also seems like they should've played winners finals early in the afternoon instead of having the 3 hour break. I get that it's a weird schedule if you do that but it's not as weird as having a lot of people (myself included) miss the grand finals.

Also you guys played awesome today and I really appreciate your attitude afterwards.

The teams that don't auto qualify for the champ bracket would skip qualifications every other week in this scenario I think.

Just brainstorming, knocking out 8 teams on Saturday and then hosting the top 8 and an open cup on Sunday might work out though. The downside of this is you have to qualify a week before the tournament making things a bit awkward but who knows.

I was thinking in terms of a one off online tournament like this one was. In which case I think having all the am teams play one week is fine imo since it spreads the matches out and gives more time (even though the teams might be worse the next week).

Btw. I'm glad you came in here and started this topic. Probably more constructive than what it would have been

343 decides best of 7s, which I agree with, and they can't have a few games on Friday because qualification is happening on Saturday and you can't make that Friday night because of the weekday or something. Saying they need to be removed without giving examples of better practices is just a silly thing to do.

If this was the first time it had happened, or there had been no other issues with millennial, I would agree with you. But there are numerous issues that they have had, many of them consistently.

How many times do you have to have people playing past midnight on Sunday before you make changes?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Maybe they could start the tournaments before 2pm EST so we don't have to stay up until 3am watching Halo and then go to work.

Idk maybe I'm just crazy.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I was thinking in terms of a one off online tournament like this one was. In which case I think having all the am teams play one week is fine imo since it spreads the matches out and gives more time (even though the teams might be worse the next week).

Btw. I'm glad you came in here and started this topic. Probably more constructive than what it would have been

They could've just settled it at vegas. Having 7/8 game for a spot at worlds also wouldn't have been terrible. Who finished in those 2 spots (legit asking. I can't remember if it was cryptic and splyce or not).

Unpopular, opinion, but i think Millennial did a pretty good job with vegas and this final qualifier.

Really the only only issue is the length of the stream. This was primarily caused by bo7s (which is ideal for such important matches). While i do wish they would start earlier (11:30 est seems fine to me), the REAL solution to limiting streamtime would be a second stream.

Congrats to splyce. I wanted so many of these LCQ teams to be in vegas, that i couldn't even cheer for anyone during the last few series.

• Upvote (+1) 5

They could've just settled it at vegas. Having 7/8 game for a spot at worlds also wouldn't have been terrible. Who finished in those 2 spots (legit asking. I can't remember if it was cryptic and splyce or not).

Splyce and ALG finished 7/8 at Vegas

If the HWC continues to happen past 2017 all worlds spots should be decided on LAN. An online qualifier for the last spot in the biggest tournament of the year by far is a joke.

Accidental neg :(. Wanted to upvote. Agree 100% with what you said
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Remember when prototype said a Cratos sucks LUL

Cratos did kinda "suck" for a while. His game knowledge and decision making was covering for relatively poor mechanical skill.

He was absolutely shitting at vegas though. Firing on all cylinders. Stepped his game up.

If the HWC continues to happen past 2017 all worlds spots should be decided on LAN. An online qualifier for the last spot in the biggest tournament of the year by far is a joke.

The biggest joke is only 7 NA teams
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Monday night grand finals? Builds some extra hype, stops games from going until 12am onward, both teams are rested.

The biggest joke is only 7 NA teams

Oh, agreed seeing as the 8-12 maybe even 16 teams from NA are better than any team from any other region except for possibly FAB.

What time did the tournament play start on Saturday and end? What time did it start on Sunday and end?

Simple solution seems to be best of 5's for another round or so. Start at 11 est. Yes, I know that is kind of early west coast, but majority of the working world is AT work by 8, a lot if it much earlier. I understand that gamers stay up late, but that is by choice. Most could adjust their sleep schedules if they have to. Making it best of 5 an extra round and starting 2 hours earlier makes the stream end at 1am instead of 3am (not sure on times that it ended, I start work at 6am). 

Also, let's be honest, the teams who are going to go deep in the tournament will be playing late, so the early games where they're still tired in the morning they will get past with more ease. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Worlds should have been 16 teams total, 12 NA teams.

I'd go 12NA, 2EU 1Latam and 1ANZ+Asia

All spots settled on LAN

That Would work well. I have no idea why they went with 12 teams total..

Hard to justify the cost when you don't have the elite teams attending. Tagging it on the end of one of the lans obviously won't work either because of the time constraints. There are only so many opportunities and advantages you can give to the pro sponsored teams and after that if they're still fucking up (EG) then they have to fight in the dirt with the rest of the AM teams. Lcq is good because there's no barrier to entry if you're a comp halo team - enter, play well, defeat all.

I'd go 12NA, 2EU 1Latam and 1ANZ+Asia

All spots settled on LAN

That Would work well. I have no idea why they went with 12 teams total..

Right now this sounds awesome. But 6 months ago I wouldn't have thought there would be 12 NA teams worth sending to worlds. 8 easily and maybe even 10 would've been fairly predictable though. I can only wildly speculate money was a factor in 12 teams instead of 16.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really do not understand all of the criticism here.

The team which everyone expected to go through went through.

The only 4 people with any reason to complain is team cryptic as they were playing at 2am whilst shotzy and co were at 11pm.

But we have ryanoob here defending the tournament organizers and just simply accepting defeat. 

He has not gone full blown emo, like other professionals. He has accepted it and moved on.

Why are we complaining if the team who was worst affected is not?

I would like to add, that time zone diiferences are just a common problem across all e-sports, it is very hard to plan for and players must accept that. I.e in call of duty european teams play in the na 2 and 4ks. If they make it to the semi's and finals they are playing at anywhere between 3 - 4 am. They do not complain, they recognize that is something they may have to deal with from time to time.

• Upvote (+1) 4