CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The halo twitch chat is disgusting.

They went really into ogre 2, and they spoiled logan..  :tear:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Ogre 2, for grinding this game competitively for only a month didnt have a great performance, but it was passable under the circumstances. He's still the GOAT, and is still (with plenty more practice obviously) able to compete as a support player if he so desired. However, I will admit that this is debatable. 

Roy and Lunchbox on the other hand...

Performed very well today. Anybody who says they are washed or need to retire are simply ignoring what has happened. They are more than capable of still being a top team. Assuming Ogre 2 returns to retirement, the trio of RoyBox and Contra, if they can find a suitable fourth, are a threat.

GGs to EG, go Splyce!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thanks. Not a bad decision. Don't think they should regret it regardless if they make it to worlds or not.

I don't think any decision was necessarily the wrong one, all those teams needed to address their roster in terms of how they were performing at the time. Looking back ALG should have dropped Suspector instead of Danoxide, Splyce should have dropped Falcated instead of Renegade, and I think EG's fate would have been about the same had they kept PreDevonator. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Part of the problem with EG dropping Devon is they left if far too late. They possible could have found an AM who would have worked, but they left the decision until right before the roster lock. Given the time period they had, Ogre 2 made sense. Previous history on other teams plus he had been working with them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know Ogre 2 has not really expressed interest in coaching, but I think he would be really valuable for one of the younger teams as a coach. He has a really good understanding of this game, but lacks the ability to execute imo. I think if Splyce makes it, he could help a lot. They have a lot of talent and I think Ogre 2 could help organize that into better team play.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think I'm gonna watch some Halo Reach Instinct VoD after this tourney and immerse myself in a time where Roy, Lunch, and Ogre 2 were the top dogs.

feelsbadman

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does EG lose their Pro League spot since they didn't qualify for Worlds?

Nope, and neither of these two teams qualify for the 8th Pro League spot by qualifying for Worlds.

OT but new to TB, does anyone know how to change the time for the site? Mine says it's like 5am and I can't figure out how to fix it.

...this is like in pro sports when having a by week fucks up a team's momentum. If TC didn't get cold for the last 6 hours...

• Upvote (+1) 7

Heading to bed, good luck to Splyce and TC.

Whoever plans these late night streams are assholes btw, stop pissing on East Coasters. This is like the 3rd time I'll miss a tourney because of your incompetence.

Dastroyed was triggered before the series started because he has to go to work for 4am, and it's taking too long

This stream was supposed to start 2 hours earlier. I don't know what happened, but this will now not end until at least 2AM for me. I just don't get it.

they need to restructure the schedule so there is as little time as possible between winners bracket finals and grand finals