CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

EG costed them their own spot. They are the ones that dropped Devon, and picked up Ogre 2. You reap what you sow.

yeah that is hindsight bias though. They could have just as well finished 4th with Devon. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's true, but watching Ogre 2 play and it seems like he's completely in the wrong league. 

It felt like he just gave up. I don't know. It was pretty depressing to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wanted Ogre 2 to make it to Worlds but his performance simply didn't merit it. He's never been a fast paced player and H5 that flaw is amplified to the nth degree.

Roy, Lunch, and Contra however... I've never seen a more impressive 3 man feat. They were piling on the pressure and damage. Roy and Lunch proved they still have it in them.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i want the results of my hearing test now

There were 4 beeps in the left ear an 2 in the right. If you think anything else you will need hearing aids and or surgery. I'm sorry it had to happen this way.

Assuming Cryptik wins:

Danoxide, Renegade, & PreDevonator will have all qualified for worlds.

The 3 teams that dropped them: ALG, Splyce, & EG will not. 

Side note: Tripppey left LG who qualified for worlds.

Didn't read it. My bad. Delete.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Impressive EG was able to take it to game 7. Roy, LBX and Contra are top players

• Upvote (+1) 5

Assuming Cryptik wins:

Danoxide, Renegade, & PreDevonator will have all qualified for worlds.

The 3 teams that dropped them: ALG, Splyce, & EG will not. 

Side note: Tripppey left LG who qualified for worlds.

Who did Splyce replace Renegade with?

It felt like he just gave up. I don't know. It was pretty depressing to see.

Very depressing. 

And fuck 12:30 eastern now.  Why did this start so late again?

Depending on who doesn't qualify shooter or ryanoob could be the 4th that EG needs. They are what 2gre was supposed to be.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still think there are deeper problems with the EG lineup than whoever the 4th is. They actually played great that series but theres a reason they struggle to find a roster that works.

Sucks we won't see them at worlds but they have the time between now and the start of pro league and I hope they can figure it out. I would much prefer to see that than retirements.

• Upvote (+1) 3

2gre still has an amazing mind and his positioning/objective work is great, but he's simply not good at h5. At least for me now I don't have to waste a weekend watching the championships just to watch EG get top 8.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shotzzy

Shottzy

Thanks. Not a bad decision. Don't think they should regret it regardless if they make it to worlds or not.

Well I didn't expect a lot today. They had a lot to fix in like two days and I assume the three were all in the same room where 2gre was kind of out of the loop a bit. I'd have liked to see them team earlier with more practice and less pressure/frustration.

That last little bit sort of showed it. They had a 3 man push going towards car leaving 2gre to deal with P3 when 2gre and someone in window could've easily killed P3 rather than leaving P3 to slaughter them. It just didn't really make a lot of sense. They had a guy isolated and should've had knowledge of where most of the players were and chose to challenge the majority of the other team for car rather than taking the easy kill and getting more angles.

I still say dropping Devon was the right move for EG. After Tom joined, they actually laughed occasionally when playing together. The game is supposed to be fun. I don't think they could have fun with Devon. Too different personalities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

GOAT GOAT GOAT!!!!!

"the server wasn't helping"

:/

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can forgive dropping Predev, but I wanna know who was responsible on EG for deciding to pick up Ogre 2.

No disrespect to the goat, he was never going to turn down an a chance to qualify for Worlds. I'm just disapponted that EG would put him in that spot when he hadn't played at the top level for a decent chunk of time, especially when there are so many good am players that were worth looking at instead.

• Upvote (+1) 2