CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wish Faze had a Halo team maaaaan. :/

Why?

I personally can't stand any of the YouTubers but Jev and don't like the whole sniping videos and culture. Some really really toxic people in it that sum up the call of duty community to me.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What will it accomplish if he wins?

Just answer me that

recognition for Halo. i dont think there's money or anything involved in this, but just seeing Halo up on tat board might have people curious enough to tune in and even more if he gets several per cent of the vote.

recognition for Halo. i dont think there's money or anything involved in this, but just seeing Halo up on tat board might have people curious enough to tune in and even more if he gets several per cent of the vote.

But this is what I don't get.

Halo has recognition.

We have sold x million amount of copies of the game,

have one of the largest fan bases,

Over one hundred thousand tuned in to watch halo world championships

We had a prize pool of more than 2 milion last year.

We have large orgs.

Our pro's are salaried.

We have a global champs.

We have a pro league.

Our pro's are verified on twitter.

We had ninja become a bud light all star

We have big sponsors.

We have recognition, we just have a shitty game (competitive wise) and even worse a clueless developer who couldn't entice that audience and has done nothing but tarnishing our scene since taking charge. That is why we are seeing slow growth because we don't have a game that allows for growth and furthermore we have a developer hindering our already small growth potential through very questionable business decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

He streams more than probably 80% of the pros do.

primary source of income now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo has recognition.

We have large orgs.

Our pro's are salaried.

We have a global champs.

We have a pro league.

We have recognition, we just have a shitty game (competitive wise) and even worse a clueless developer who couldn't entice that audience and has done nothing but tarnishing our scene since taking charge. That is why we are seeing slow growth because we don't have a game that allows for growth and furthermore we have a developer hindering our already small growth potential through very questionable business decisions.

what we really need is viewers. something like this might get people curious about halo. with some of the large events we have coming this year, we need more viewers than what we've been averaging. 41k was awesome for finals, but we need that for all our events.

hell it probably wont work but its worth a try

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gold Bar hype. I promise I've never done anything more exciting in my life and this will be at the top of my future Resumés.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Gold Bar hype. I promise I've never done anything more exciting in my life and this will be at the top of my future Resumés.

congrats bro

The term god squad is used so loosely nowadays.

Last true godsquad was probably RoyBox, Pistola and Snip3down in H2A. At least to me, that felt like a superstar team at the mere mention of its forming.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Last true godsquad was probably RoyBox, Pistola and Snip3down in H2A. At least to me, that felt like a superstar team at the mere mention of its forming.

Didn't they last for like 1 event

• Upvote (+1) 2

Didn't they last for like 1 event

Haha yes, Pistola's hand broke so he was replaced. At the time, I don't think Lethul had the legacy behind him that Pistola had carried onto that team.

Obviously the Lethul EG squad ended up working out in the end pretty well.

200w.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Glad it was nothing major and that he's okay.

Hope he's ok and this doesn't become another APG summer season fiasco.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why?

I personally can't stand any of the YouTubers but Jev and don't like the whole sniping videos and culture. Some really really toxic people in it that sum up the call of duty community to me.

Either way you can't deny Faze has a lot of fans and they could bring in new viewers and players just like Optic does. 

The trick-shoting community can be toxic but a lot of people like that stuff, and more fans of any part of Halo is good for us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Well aPG was concussed so a bit different. 

True, I assume since he didn't actually hit his head, the recovery time will be much shorter.

Halo has recognition.

We have large orgs.

Our pro's are salaried.

We have a global champs.

We have a pro league.

Our pro's are verified on twitter.

We had ninja become a bud light all star

We have big sponsors.

But do you honestly think LoL is a better game, competitively speaking, than H5?

Brah, it's the population of players that is making the difference. LoL is free to play. Most of the people that spectate eSports play the game competitively themselves. The reason Halo lags is because the pool of players that play competitive Halo is small to begin with. It's not about whether the settings are fair at the top levels of play, it's about how popular the Arena is.

I would argue that from a game mechanics standpoint, Halo is a better spectator sport than all of the popular esports today, by a pretty large margin even. Doesn't help that you can convert non-players if your core demographic is lacking though.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Join me and @Smee mee on the path of the red bar.  We have weekly meetings with free pizza.

Y342iHD.png

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2