CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If C9 is back for Spartan/El Town/Suspector/Cratos... does that mean E6 is out?  :walshy:

Also, not sure if mentioned but Bubu/Shooter/Contra/Dev won 8-5 against Naded/Danoxide/Falcated/Commonly last night.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What criteria places him first:

Prize money won: nope doesn't come close

Tournaments won: he has won three (two of which were small so not really significant)

Placing's: top 4 start of the year - then top two and now only recently is on (arguably) the best team.

Impact: (this is the only criteria where by you can even argue he is relevant and that is still debatable)

Is he the even the best halo player of the year? again that is a serious question mark. 

What has he done to warrant being know as e-sports player of the year? 

breakout player of the year maybe but e-sport player of the year come on.............

But Halo though......

• Upvote (+1) 3

Maybe joking but still interesting.

As long as this means E6 is out of Halo, I'll be fine with it. Their logo is just weird. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

What criteria places him first:

Prize money won: nope doesn't come close

Tournaments won: he has won three (two of which were small so not really significant)

Placing's: top 4 start of the year - then top two and now only recently is on (arguably) the best team.

Impact: (this is the only criteria where by you can even argue he is relevant and that is still debatable)

Is he the even the best halo player of the year? again that is a serious question mark. 

What has he done to warrant being know as e-sports player of the year? 

breakout player of the year maybe but e-sport player of the year come on.............

I dont know why you're being downvoted for this, unless...your downvotes are upvotes. You're entirely right. Huke is far from Esports Player of the Year.

This is a popularity contest and against some these Esports, Halo is the quiet kid who runs through the hall from class to class while grabbing his backpack straps like it was going to take off. You cant actually vote for Huke against most of those players and say "He deserves this over Faker, NuckleDu, or S1imple", unless you're strictly voting purely because he's a Halo player.

Faker is the most legendary LoL player to ever play the game (winning the first ever 3 peat World Championship in LoL)

S1imple absolutely dominated ESL One Cologne. DOMINATED. 

NuckleDu's Capcom performance alone could be enough to win him this award. 

My vote went to Faker. 

Note: I'm not saying dont vote for Huke. Vote for whoever you want. But some of you need to chill acting like he deserves this. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I dont know why you're being downvoted for this, unless...your downvotes are upvotes. You're entirely right. Huke is far from Esports Player of the Year.

This is a popularity contest and against some these Esports, Halo is the quiet kid who runs through the hall from class to class while grabbing his backpack straps like it was going to take off. You cant actually vote for Huke against most of those players and say "He deserves this over Faker, NuckleDu, or S1imple", unless you're FOR SURE voting purely because he's a Halo player.

Faker is the most legendary LoL player to ever play the game (winning the first ever 3 peat World Championship in LoL)

S1imple absolutely dominated ESL One Cologne. DOMINATED. 

NuckleDu's Capcom performance alone could be enough to win him this award. 

My vote went to Faker. 

Note: I'm not saying dont vote for Huke. Vote for whoever you want. But some of you need to chill, acting like he deserves this. 

That doesn't make any sense at all. FU.

(PS, I voted for Faker)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not much of a downvoter, but I think we're on a forum that loves Halo and therefore people are wondering why some folks are more worried about protecting the sanctity of the Redbull esports player of the year vote (which like you stated is a popularity contest) instead of just supporting Halo.

Yes, I'm voting purely because he's a Halo player and Simms took the time to nominate him.

Have an upvote. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not much of a downvoter, but I think we're on a forum that loves Halo and therefore people are wondering why some folks are more worried about protecting the sanctity of the Redbull esports player of the year vote (which like you stated is a popularity contest) instead of just supporting Halo.

Yes, I'm voting purely because he's a Halo player and Simms took the time to nominate him.

What will it accomplish if he wins?

Just answer me that

• Downvote (-1) 8

I didn't want to say anything but I voted for OpTic for team of the year a few years backs. :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 3

What will it accomplish if he wins?

Just answer me that

He won't. But recognition for Halo as a legit esports would be good for the scene.

He won't. But recognition for Halo as a legit esports would be good for the scene.

I dont think anybody would argue the legitimacy of Halo's Esport. 

okay sold!

i honestly dont see how winning this award could significantly help our scene but just to be safe, i will vote 

• Upvote (+1) 3