CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ryanoob is such a smart player. Ever since Reach really. Not sure why top teams never picked him up for h5.

Well... he wasn't as good at H5 during the opening few weeks relative to other pro teams for whatever reason. He sort of did a lot of weirdo ground pounding and stuff before really hitting his stride and his teams weren't really exceptional either. It was during pro league when he really came back and seemed to be turning things around iirc. Maybe he was always that good though and just didn't really have a team to show it off with.

Ryanoob's utilization of the tools in Halo 5's sandbox is unmatched, imo.  He knows the game like the back of his hand and it shows.  I'm disappointed that he's been an AM for the majority of Halo 5. :/

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ryanoob is such a smart player. Ever since Reach really. Not sure why top teams never picked him up for h5.

Fair or not, he has a rep for being a bit autistic and not getting along with people.

I remember after denial won in h2a, he was trying to recruit lethul, and wanted the team to be those two, cloud and Roy. He was doing this at the event. I remember mikwen posting about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

i feel like if roybox dont qualify they will go hard af after HWC. Them not qualifying could be the wake up call roybox need.

They are more likely to retire than go hard if they don't make it IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Ryanoob's utilization of the tools in Halo 5's sandbox is unmatched, imo.  He knows the game like the back of his hand and it shows.  I'm disappointed that he's been an AM for the majority of Halo 5. :/

He wasn't good at the start of the H5 - he's been behind the curve for the majority of the game's lifespan. We'll see for next pro league if he gets a shot.

Theoretically, if 2gre, Lunchbox, and Roy all simultaneously retire, could Contra have freedom to make any TO4 and keep his Pro League spot?

Unless Towey stuck around with Contra and ESL continued to allow the loophole that Cratos did; then no. The seed would dissolve and there'd be 2 open Pro League spots to be taken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

RoyBox aren't retiring. With the future Pro League structure and this still unseen "crowd funding" they have no reason to.

Everyone talking about retiring, but I could see EG just dissolving the team after not making it - Pro League or not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the tourney today starts at

PST - 10 AM
EST - 1 PM
GMT - 5 PM

and the halo channels stream starts at 

PST - 3:30 PM
EST - 6:30 PM
GMT - 10:30 PM

bracket link (when it goes live) https://www.millennialesports.gg/tournaments/2401

Thanks, my dude!

• Upvote (+1) 1

This proving grounds is the first I've ever played with limited/no radar. I've played 9 games and every on has been a massive blowout. Multiple 100-0 SH, 2 3-0 ctf, 2 steaks. It's fun. Also, now I know how terrible I am at Halo

Why was Velvet DQ'd? (at least according to the bracket)

They disbanded. But they didn't remove them from the bracket so they gave the 13th seed a bye instead. According to ryanoob. That's just weird.

But either way. Hypeeee!

• Upvote (+1) 1

3sup gets a easy road to semis. Meanwhile cryptiks road involves both Splyce and ALG

I think it's interesting that all the talk is about what happens to roybox if EG doesn't qualify. But more interesting to me is what happens to splyce/ALG if they don't. Wonder if those rosters stay together, got a lot of talent not in worlds

• Upvote (+1) 2