CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tomorrow may just be the last day we see Roy & Lunchbox play professional Halo. Either way it was such a pleasure to watch them during their runs with Instinct and H2A EG.

It's been great for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy and Lunchbox had a successful Halo career and it would suck to see them go this way (IF they decide to retire).

• Upvote (+1) 5

I may get flack for saying this, but if there was ever a team that "deserves" to go to worlds it is EG. Most of that team has been playing halo for longer than half the other kids in the LCQ have been alive. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 11

I may get flack for saying this, but if there was ever a team that "deserves" to go to worlds it is EG. Most of that team has been playing halo for longer than half the other kids in the LCQ have been alive. 

ogre2 not being in either of the largest halo payouts ever is pretty depressing

• Upvote (+1) 4

Roy and Lunchbox had a successful Halo career and it would suck to see them go this way (IF they decide to retire).

If the retire with guaranteed pro league money and a potential 2018 worlds on the table, then they'd be dumb.

That would also leave 2gre and contra to find two which would be odd.

Is the entire tourney starting at 630, or just the halo stream? Seems late to start an entire tourney like that

What the hell did I just watch. That was cringy as fuck

shit like that is the reason people love the fighting game scene, man. seriously I love Halo but cratos barely counts, the closest we get to real rivalries is like Snipedown and Lethul at x-games. 

we could use personalities like the FGC, it makes it so easy to still care about and get hype about matches for games you're not as familiar with. Rivalries and grudge matches get ambivalent viewers involved

• Upvote (+1) 2

shit like that is the reason people love the fighting game scene, man. seriously I love Halo but cratos barely counts, the closest we get to real rivalries is like Snipedown and Lethul at x-games.

we could use personalities like the FGC, it makes it so easy to still care about and get hype about matches for games you're not as familiar with. Rivalries and grudge matches get ambivalent viewers involved

Watch your face. You know it's your last one.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If the retire with guaranteed pro league money and a potential 2018 worlds on the table, then they'd be dumb.

That would also leave 2gre and contra to find two which would be odd.

Is the entire tourney starting at 630, or just the halo stream? Seems late to start an entire tourney like that

Theoretically, if 2gre, Lunchbox, and Roy all simultaneously retire, could Contra have freedom to make any TO4 and keep his Pro League spot?

• Upvote (+1) 3

If the retire with guaranteed pro league money and a potential 2018 worlds on the table, then they'd be dumb

I could see them giving up the sticks (unfortunately). Even though they do have guaranteed pro league money, they also have full time jobs. I think they've said before that if they're not enjoying themselves they will retire (or something like that). So if between now and next pro league if they don't find 2 others that they enjoy the game with, I could see them retiring

My favorite part of the updated radar is now you can sprint->thrust->slide->jump->bunny hop across the map, and you're only on radar for the sprint and thrust portion. You used to be able to do this when the game first came out, but then they eventually patched the flying across the map off radar part.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also want to say one more thing on the Quinn topic. Ppl also forget there was another guy in Halo 5 multiplayer team, who is now gone and after what he has done with the multiplayer in H4, hiring Quinn seems like a blessing. Now again, I dont want this to look like a defense for every decision Quinn has done, hell no, its just this whole pointing fingers going on right now is not right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

its just this whole pointing fingers going on right now is not right.

You're right.

They all suck equally.

• Downvote (-1) 1