CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Didn't the pro team have to fight tooth and nail to get descope back? Swear I remember hearing that - but could be wrong.

Also, Halo 5 is all about AA (sprint, clamber, spartan charge, etc).

IIRC, de-scope was brought back because the pro team kept sniping the 343i guys in the face even while getting shot during playtests. I can't recall where I read that, but it stuck in my head.

Didn't the pro team have to fight tooth and nail to get descope back? Swear I remember hearing that - but could be wrong.

Also, Halo 5 is all about AA (sprint, clamber, spartan charge, etc).

Don't remember that about descope. You may be right.

Yeah we have plenty abilities, but I wouldn't compare them to something like jetpack, promethean vision, armor lock and other things. Those "spartan abilities" kind of work and are fun to use. I would love to see some of them gone and some changed/replaced, but they changed the game in a way I can accept.

In other words, the old abilities were like a rape to classic Halo formula, those new ones are part of the "new experience", where the whole game is build around new ways how to traverse the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The new radar is so good. Proving grounds would be great without non HCS maps.

Doesn't do anything for me. I'd still prefer no radar at all.

• Downvote (-1) 1

we cant handle shit this intense 

i could see people coming to blows

Yeah, I don't know how the guy sitting down didn't do anything. I wouldn't let a guy be up in my face like that. Wether it's video games or or something else...

• Upvote (+1) 3

Uhh no thanks.

Well I'm not surprised since this forum gets triggered when someone tbags.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I don't mind tbags. You can still shoot bodies and crap talk me all you want. Just wouldn't want someone in my face is all.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Am I missing something? I thought the only issue was the NA casters dancing around saying teabag.

we cant handle shit this intense

i could see people coming to blows

They don't want it with the real ones

7lopRie.gif

And kbrad just advanced to the top8. I have a sad feeling that's going to be EGs only trophy this weekend

• Upvote (+1) 4

Don't remember that about descope. You may be right.

Yeah we have plenty abilities, but I wouldn't compare them to something like jetpack, promethean vision, armor lock and other things. Those "spartan abilities" kind of work and are fun to use. I would love to see some of them gone and some changed/replaced, but they changed the game in a way I can accept.

In other words, the old abilities were like a rape to classic Halo formula, those new ones are part of the "new experience", where the whole game is build around new ways how to traverse the map.

Really? Because that shit could be DISABLED in competitive settings. Yet these derivative, unnecessary movement gimmicks ("new experience") that completely fuck map design and map flow and result in the near necessity of claw/paddles, are literally everywhere. You're framing being forced to deal with this garbage as a net positive? What?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I can only imagine comms for EG right now.

it's not pretty. I can tell you that much

• Upvote (+1) 1

I guess it just depends? I like shit talk and stuff too and maybe in their game stuff like that is all for show but if that's really just someone getting in someone else's face someone would get hit and someone else banned from future events in like 5 seconds flat. Odds are if someone keeps doing something like that and it isn't some kind of community tradition there will be a fight.  A large number of men just wouldn't put up with that.

That clip really just looks like people faking it though imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

OG vs EG is the top 6 channels for halo on twitch. The other 2 players aren't streaming.

Edit: I find it amazing how the competitive community isn't much compared to casuals but on twitch it is the other way around