CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I have apologised to both Quinn and Ghost via DMs. I was rude yes, got caught up in a lot of frustration. (Didn't help live streaming at the same time)

But I don't regret what I said. The game needs changing.

You did it wrong. You are supposed to do it behind closed doors. Going public you just make general statements like "I'm currently disappointed in the way Halo is being represented." Then they'll hit you with the "check dm" tweet. That's where you hit them with the No Radar and No Sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just see the way Moa and Infinity tweet to Quinn and Menke as way more effective and conducive to discussion and change rather than the kinds of tweets from the EU folk.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just see the way Moa and Infinity tweet to Quinn and Menke as way more effective and conducive to discussion and change rather than the kinds of tweets from the EU folk.

Where has that gotten us in a year and a half?

• Downvote (-1) 1

Lets just go through a quick exercise to show why we are frustrated with 343i.

Let's assume that H3A just came out. Any logical dev would copy/paste the MLG v8 settings that are currently in the MLG playlist in Halo 3 right? 343i would do the same and make an MLG playlist called Throwback, HCS, Proving Grounds, Throwdown, or something similar yes? No. 343i would take the original maps, and modify aspects of them. Whether it's taking 8 months from release to add the crates to Pit, or 12 months after release to remove the shotgun from narrows, you can bet that the process would be glacial speed. To top it off remember equipment? Here to stay in the HCS for sure. You don't want a power drain on Narrows? No bubble shield on Construct? Why not have two regens on Pit? We'd never remove it. It's just amazing to me that we have to fight tooth and nail for the most simple, basic aspects that have been apart of Halo since the release of Halo CE. 343i takes the most logical approach and scraps it. That's their first step no matter what they do. They give us back the red X and make it white. They remove radar, but 13 months after launch and in a test playlist and they don't even fully remove it. They don't touch autos for 13 months. This is rambling like crazy but I don't really care. I haven't seen 343i take logical approaches to Halo since NBNS. At least we got descope, red X's, equal starts, and a ranking system. Now it's time to fight for no radar and no sprint. I'm still baffled that we have sprint and it's going to be in Halo 6. I can't fathom why that decision was made.

That was very long for a fictional example.

• Upvote (+1) 4

So does this Proving Grounds have better matchmaking? So Solo's don't match to4's?

Vetoed is walking around not sprinting in Proving Grounds and people are not even noticing him because they are so used to radar.  0 awareness out of most players he is running into.

Vetoed is walking around not sprinting in Proving Grounds and people are not even noticing him because they are so used to radar.  0 awareness out of most players he is running into.

We can finally have smart flanks in Halo 5  :tear:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I mean Jimbo is definitely mildly tinfoily

*insert Louis CK gif here*

but maybeeeeeeeeeeee

maybe if 343 didn't want people to throw wild accusations at them, they should be more open re: their process in designing the sandbox. 

..and not design it in a way that comes off as, and functionally is, explicitly anti-competitive

It's a new playlist.

Yeah, but I remember my first game of ranked snipes when it came out was with Shooter and AfterMath. Usually the first people to rush to a new playlist, especially one with new radar, are better players.

I wish Proving Grounds was just HCS gametypes. I don't want to play Overgrowth or Tyrant at all.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. Just wanted to say Quinn singlehandedly ruined Halo for me. I've been watching competitive Halo since 1998 but now I won't be watching anymore. - Deizul

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair, some of the non-HCS maps may play very differently with this new radar. This new playlist is the best way to test it out. 

Radar doesn't affect map layouts and spawns unfortunately 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Radar doesn't affect map layouts and spawns unfortunately 

giphy.gif

I think Overgrowth is rocking a new layout (if you mean weapon layouts) so it's not the same stuff we've seen.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Overgrowth is rocking a new layout (if you mean weapon layouts) so it's not the same stuff we've seen.

They've made a couple map geometry changes to Torque as far as I can tell.

My bad, unsuitable wording on my part. I meant the actual design of the maps.

But if Torque got some changes, I suppose I should give the maps a fair shake.