CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've been trying dude. I'm not going to lie, trying to get work done with the majority of Halo pros has been incredibly frustrating and often fruitless. I've been trying to set up a show to discuss the finals plus new settings for the better part of a month. I see the pros having discussions surrounding settings and when I offer the opportunity to do so publicly I get radio silence. Then they talk about having a community discussion about settings and frankly I just have to laugh. Having previously worked with league of legends pros, the apathy towards creating content and interacting with fans from Halo pros is incredibly frustrating and IMO, is part of the reason our scene is rebuilding so slowly.

I know one of the biggest issues with the show has been a lack of guest variation. But unfortunately the people you see come on regularly are the only people who respond with regularity, the others usually don't even have the courtesy to say not this time. The end result is I wait on a response from someone until i cannot wait any longer and then try to scramble to put together a last second show. This is why the shows have been so irregular and why they seem to have the same guests every time.

Currently I'm visiting my parents in Florida for christmas but I will be home before the New Year and releasing an episode then.  I have tried to contact every single pro who has been vocal about settings to come on for this one but again, still haven't heard anything. Likely it will be myself audley and two of the guests you are accustomed to seeing, but at least we'll be back.

I make the show predominantly for the people of this forum. The support and love you guys have shown me for doing it is why I keep doing it. If guest variation is something that is important to you guys I'm going to ask that you help me in pestering the people you want to see on the most. Otherwise the show will go on, but likely just using the few pros that respond and make it possible to set up. Planning shows all week only to have to cancel because the guests we wanted simply never responded isn't something I want to continue doing. Its frustrating and makes the content less reliable and unpredictable which ultimately hurts you guys, and that just sucks. /EndRant

TLDR: Yes, around NYE. Likely the 29th or 30th.

damn sorry to hear it's such a struggle to get guests and setup the show. Always have fun listening to it!

It's all just a bit of fun either way, Redbull always give me the opportunity to have Halo players a part of there esports articles and I'm grateful for that if anything just to give our players and the scene more exposure.

im glad we have you in our community

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just want the new settings to be finalized, so the pros can start real testing and practice, and so I can stop playing with a Fuel Rod on Truth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry EG fans, but no matter what duo we get, we'll never win again. Lunchbox is married and works a full time job. It's not 1 foot in, 1 foot out. It's his whole body is out and he's using his foot as a door stop to keep the door cracked open.

I feel bad for Roy though. He's still a top talent, but he's not going to abandon his brother. His best chance for another championship is for Lunch to retire so he can justify getting on a solid To3.

Except Lunchbox plays and streams more than Roy, who recently got a full time job and has been putting in half the time since then. Lunch has had a full time job and been married since H2A and you can see how much better he is at balancing Halo and his real life. You just don't see the same stats because he's always trying to put his team in a situation to win, and when you have players like Snipedown, Roy, Ninja, Stellur, etc. on your team you don't win by putting up stats. No one would ever say Lethul is anything but a top 10 maybe top 5 player even when he is outshone by his teammates.

In the last beyond 4v4 when Lbox was teaming with 2gre and some AMs it was Lbox who was topping the scoreboard every game and was showing himself individually to be on the level of the team that won the tournament (Huke, Bubu, Shottzy, Falcated). Not to mention his playstyle is really good for H5 being so aggressive and objective oriented.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I got a gold bar therefore TB is dead.

At the rate I'm going it will take me 5 years before I get mine. RIP

• Upvote (+1) 2

HOLY FUCK ME SIDEWAYS LOOK WHO IT IS!!

EG almost had to play in relegation. 

NV is the real deal.

Contra and Devon broke up, then made up and are back together again.

2 Dreamhack's next year!

Radar is still in :(

actual decent changes to maps are on the way.

im sure there is more.

Edit: almost forgot

Ninja plays too much H1Z1  :kappa:

Cratos is still a douche

Lethul's new haircut is CreepHandsome

When you pull in 5k viewers and get random 60k donations you begin to wonder if he he's playing too little H1Z1.

• Upvote (+1) 8

:mj:  :wutface: If there was a vomit emoji i would use that too.  "spray" ugh.

I only say that because if I said "skillfully using autos" no one would take me seriously.

Yet somehow there are some players with >50% accuracy with autos and some with <40%.  Some of that's from pre-firing, some of it's not.

When you pull in 5k viewers and get random 60k donations you begin to wonder if he he's playing too little H1Z1.

LOL i actually agree with this.  I was never one that supported the "too much H1Z1 makes ninja a bad boy" mentality.  he found something that he loves to do that lets him make a damn good living.  Any one of us would trade places with him and I applaud him for going for it and being able to make a career out of a dream, regardless of how halo works out for him.

• Upvote (+1) 3

OT but speaking of Halo players finding way more success playing other games I saw Kephrii with like 4k viewers playing Overwatch last night.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Optic should start scrimming again soon. Hyped. 

LOL i actually agree with this.  I was never one that supported the "too much H1Z1 makes ninja a bad boy" mentality.  he found something that he loves to do that lets him make a damn good living.  Any one of us would trade places with him and I applaud him for going for it and being able to make a career out of a dream, regardless of how halo works out for him.

I would certainly miss him if he drops Halo. He kept my spirits up under the dark ages.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Optic should start scrimming again soon. Hyped. 

a couple days ago, snakebite said that they wont scrim until settings are final

damn sorry to hear it's such a struggle to get guests and setup the show. Always have fun listening to it!

Thanks dude I appreciate the support!

I got a gold bar therefore TB is dead.

The only reason I'm close is because I beat @@Moa to a few tweets during the initial hwc hype.

@@PlzLearn is missing now too.

99% sure I saw him post in here yesterday. :)