CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

“People always questioned what I did for the Halo community.  I’ll be honest, I spent too much time fighting the pants rules and not enough time listening to settings concerns.” 

Che Chou

Assistant Manager, Arby’s

This alone deserved +1

• Upvote (+1) 3

I apologize for writing this.

ESL Squeezed by Big Pants

For over a year now, scheduling, rules, and the general decisions regarding certain tournaments have baffled the 37 dedicated competitive Halo fans. After one rule was implemented, it became all too obvious who was behind these issues.  During 2016, ESL began ruthlessly forcing Halo players (and sometimes spectators) to begin wearing matching pants.  These heinous crimes made it apparent that some classic journalism might uncover the true nature of the human rights abuses committed by ESL.  A crack team of investigators discovered that ESL’s parent company Modern Times Group’s Chairman is none other than David Chance.  A little known fact about Chairman Chance is his familial relationship to the Strauss family.  Levi Strauss was in fact his great great uncle on his mother’s side.  Chance has a large financial interest in both Levi Strauss & Co. and their subsidiary, Dockers.  We asked some figures from the Halo community their thoughts on this development. 

“I went to an event and got told we’d be playing at 12, then find out we’re scheduled for 10:30.  We sprint to the venue, but I fell and my pants ripped.  We all had to buy new pants because of that rule.  They were dockers.  Son of a bitch.”

Anonymous

Amateur Halo Player

“** ** ******** *** * **** **** ****** **** ***** *** *** ***** ****”

Cooper

“People always questioned what I did for the Halo community.  I’ll be honest, I spent too much time fighting the pants rules and not enough time listening to settings concerns.” 

Che Chou

:fire:  :wutface:  :weback:

“People always questioned what I did for the Halo community. I’ll be honest, I spent too much time fighting the pants rules and not enough time listening to settings concerns.”

Che Chou

Assistant Manager at Arby's?

It all makes sense now

https://twitter.com/arbys/status/798556198123380736

• Upvote (+1) 2

Right, but do we know for sure that it'll only be the Team Arena/HCS gametypes and that radar is the only thing they're testing right now? If so I must have missed wherever that was posted.

We don't know gametypes but we do know it will be just radar that's different when it comes out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We don't know gametypes but we do know it will be just radar that's different when it comes out.

*if it comes out

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

see this is some fine-ass shitposting, because I have a sneaking suspicion that it isn't funny to you

giphy.gif

I laughed at your gif.

I don't know what @@SnakeBite is talking about. We're clearly a very positive community. :kappa:

One pessimistic person who gets negged to oblivion for being annoying doesn't really support Snakebite's point

Would love to see @@Wra7h man has some amazing facial hair. 

Much love man, but no Worlds for me this year, I've got other commitments. Still rooting for my EU/AU homies though.

Also, send out @Wonderboy and @Onset for God's sake.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm not saying 2gre is at the top of his game anymore, but you clearly weren't watching scrims. He's the main reason they won last night from a coaching/directional standpoint. Also, 70 less kills than Roy is really because Roy played so well and not the other way around.

Spartan had 166 kills in their scrim last night. It was only 11 games, but in two games he would need 53 kills to hit Roy's number.

Again, I'm not a person who thinks 2gre is back, but that was not a good point to make.

Then maybe he should be the coach and they should pick up a capable Halo 5 player like, say, PreDevoNatoR to replace him. Just thinking out loud though.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm pretty sure EG's problem isn't Ogre 2 not performing. They're all veteran pro players and refuse to adapt to the halo 5 play style like a lot of other pro's have done. Individually they still have what it takes to place 1st. But not as a team in their current form. I'd guess as soon as EG start experimenting with a lot of new play styles they can definitely climb the leaderboard with Ogre 2 still part of the roster. 

For eg. One of Ogre 2's main play is superior positioning and watching big sight lines across the map. That may have worked in past halo's but it's not gunna cut it against the speed of the Optic roster etc. Just my 2 cents. 

tl'dr Ogre 2 still got it 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Watching the scrim of EG vs Str8. Only EG can have a 5 minute argument about a play in a game that they won 50-30. Jesus Christ Towey just let Tom guide the team.

They won truth flag and towey is bringing up not wanting camo to run flag. Like no shit it's not ideal but if the guy with camo can run it, then do so. Roy was perplexed by him even bringing it up. ,(Mind you they got the flag cap)

He comes off like a school teacher a lot. Before the regret TS game he says "does anyone remember what we did wrong last time we played this?" Like there's a pop quiz coming

They won truth flag and towey is bringing up not wanting camo to run flag. Like no shit it's not ideal but if the guy with camo can run it, then do so. Roy was perplexed by him even bringing it up. ,(Mind you they got the flag cap)

He comes off like a school teacher a lot. Before the regret TS game he says "does anyone remember what we did wrong last time we played this?" Like there's a pop quiz coming

This is halo 5 in a nutshell.  You dont have time in this game for the camo guy to not run a flag just because he has camo.  Or rockets. or whatever.  

Just do it.  If the opportunity presents itself during the run to switch off, do it, but their team is going to spawn in 8 seconds so you better fucking go when you have a window.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is halo 5 in a nutshell.  You dont have time in this game for the camo guy to not run a flag just because he has camo.  Or rockets. or whatever.  

Just do it.  If the opportunity presents itself during the run to switch off, do it, but their team is going to spawn in 8 seconds so you better fucking go when you have a window.

thats always been one of the more confusing things about this game. sprint+8sec respawns make a fast game that is artificially slowed with radar since that promotes camping and crouch walking. at that point, why did you get in your own way? chose one and go

Im that Plaza Slayer game they won 50-30 and Towey was insisting that they should had push Plaza when they had Sniper and a full setup with a lead, and literally everyone said to Towey " no reason to risk a push when we have sniper, full setup and OS isn't spawning"

Plus 5 people talking in H5 is chaotic.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My god spartan charge is the dumbest shit ever introduced to Halo.

Carry on.

What I hate about spartan charge is that you're supposed to be vulnerable while sprinting. By increasing movement speed, you should have to sacrifice your ability to kill/deal damage. Spartan charge bails out players that should be punished by sprinting at inopportune times.

• Upvote (+1) 2

so, uhhh...about this new playlist 

Ran into some issues with it :(

• Upvote (+1) 1