CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love when I log in to twitch and go to halo streams and they show all the screenshots of the top streamers and after all of the pro players, doll is always right there after them with her cleavage just hanging out in her screenshot.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Ogre 2 has drastically improved. If only EG could close games and listen to each other. My LCQ prediction is ALG but I'd love to be wrong and see EG at worlds. A ton of deserving teams are left and it sucks that all but one will be left out. Also, can we get some Str8 skins please.

I love when I log in to twitch and go to halo streams and they show all the screenshots of the top streamers and after all of the pro players, doll is always right there after them with her cleavage just hanging out in her screenshot.

I love when I log on to Team Beyond and go to the HWC thread and it shows all the posts of the site members and after all the responses, there is a shitpost about an e-girl's cleavage on Twitch.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

4IqN9OP.jpg

Hey guys! 

Apologies for not having the HWC Las Vegas album out this morning. I ended up passing out In bed with my laptop on me haha.

So lately I have been In this weird funk where I didn't want to shoot events anymore and It started after Fall Finals leading into UGC St. Louis. After UGC i told myself I wasn't going to be In that funk when I headed to Vegas but sadly I was all day Friday. I'm not really sure what exactly It was that was making me not want to shoot but I believe It wasn't just one thing. I think It has to do with me working with people, not being impressed by own work, repetition and I personally just didn't think I was doing a good job. I have a hard time shooting for people because most the time when you shoot for someone, you need to edit and provide quick turnaround so they can post photos periodically which is totally fine and expected.

I am not the best when it comes to doing that so I tend to stress out and my work dosen't seem to be that great. When I work on my own, I can focus on everything without having to run in the back to edit and miss possible moments(imagine me missing the naded moment lol). Granted, a good photographer would be able to do this and still not miss anything and I am working on becoming better because I know I need to learn that to land jobs. But I am such a huge Halo fan that I love to actually watch the games as I shoot so thats another reason I like doing my own thing. No stress....no rushing...just me, my camera, and Halo. Thats how I like it. I almost feel like the more It feels like a job the less I enjoy It because this is 100% passion, otherwise I wouldn't be paying out of pocket to go shoot these events.

Now the repetition just comes from trying to capture every single AM. I know some get upset because I miss them but I get into moods, especially In horrible light, where I don't just want to walk around and take pictures of people every single person every event. It gets repetitive and I work a job where I take 40 pictures of 60 cars each at work every day so the repetitiveness kills me...BUT I am going to try and do better with getting AMs because I stress out when I feel like I let them down. I will apologize now because there Isn't as much AM stuff as Id normally do so I apologize If I let ya down :/ I will do better In Atlanta and Denver

On to Vegas...

On Friday I didn't want to be there because Millennial asked me to help out with photos and I told them I would but turns out there wifi was so bad I couldn't connect to It and I had to hunt down people just to give them photos and I just wasn't enjoying myself because like I said above, I don't enjoy myself when I shoot for people(Astro was different). So eventually I told them I was just gonna do my own thing and they were very nice about It. I was actually messaging a few people during the event talking to them because I was thinking of quitting after worlds because I wasn't enjoying my self like I used to and that honestly made me depressed....but then Naded and the crowd happened and It made me remember why I love this so much and thats to capture the incredible moments of this incredible community.

So Saturday and Sunday I stepped up my game and was much more happy and enthusiastic. No way Im quitting now.  :weback:

The event was great besides the venue being pretty dark and the Open area being too small for 60 teams. We were all touching It felt like. I would get rid of the pro lounge for more room for stations and give spectators chairs. Oh and obviously more light(not direct light). The matches and the crowd for the event were so good...this was the hypest crowd I have heard for Halo In years...It was nice to hear a Halo chant again as well. They definitely should invest in crowd mics(btw @@Vivi Is there anyway you could talk to ESL about getting crowd mics for Worlds?). I would keep talking about things but I don't want to take up the whole page....but If anyone has any questions or anything Id be happy to answer.

I'm not really impressed with myself with this album because I know I can do even better but there are some nice shots In It. But Im going to continue to learn and grow and deliver the best fucking photos for this community because you guys deserve it. I want people to see my photos and be like "Holy shit...Halo events are hype. I gotta check it out"

As always guys....I love everyone here on Beyond and I appreciate you all for the constant support and for allowing me to have a place to talk about Halo which Is something I truly love. I hope you all enjoy the album and my number #1 goal is to have a Worlds album with over 400 great photos...Im going to go hard. haha

Enjoy you meme lords. 

LINK: https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidnealmedia/albums/72157677704868004

-Sandman

Hey man I've been a big fan of your work for a while. You are always killing it at the events. I just wanted to tell you that I'm using this picture for my desktop background because it's awesome and I'm in the center of it next to my best friend and wife.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Chig's up there, when he played.

Chig had that weak 2010 season. Vic from 2007 until now just gets it done. He never loses the game for his team

Instead of warzone montages, can she just stand on screen and do the weather at tourneys?

For the last 3 years Lethul has been like the definition of consistency in terms of gameplay & placings

Edit: Heinz has been solid since '09

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hey man I've been a big fan of your work for a while. You are always killing it at the events. I just wanted to tell you that I'm using this picture for my desktop background because it's awesome and I'm in the center of it next to my best friend and wife.

You're awesome man <3. I appreciate the kind words!! I'm glad I can provide photos for you all! Enjoy your new desktop background!

Chig always was the most overrated player of all time. If you mean consistently below average then yeah, I agree. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Chig always was the most overrated player of all time. If you mean consistently below average then yeah, I agree. 

Overrated by whom?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hope I'm not too late on the whole toxic discussion, anyway...

I don't think this* thread is toxic, despite it being filled with negativity and criticism. Some of it is clearly deserved and is communicated in a fairly constructive way which is why I don't think the thread is toxic. However, I come on this site to read and talk about a crazy play which just happened or how one team managed to upset another or to discuss who is gunna make it through the losers bracket etc. If during a tournament I open the page and see a bunch of posts complaining about HW2 ads, countdown timers changing and the fact that the analysts are standing up I pretty much immediately close it and just go back to watching. I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the only one who thought this...

Personally I would like see two HCS threads, one purely for talking about gameplay, matches and scrims and the other for general HCS discussion, roster drama, criticisms, future tournaments etc.

Basically I kinda want a #safespace to just talk the matches I'm watching. Seeing other people getting hype about an awesome play makes myself enjoy it more, seeing people complain doesn't.

*On a side note the H5 Discussion thread absolutely 100% is toxic. It's fucking awful actually. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of new people come to the site, open that thread and immediately nope the fuck out of here. Recently I had a quick lurk to see if anything had changed and came across a discussion which started with someone posting a link to a NeoGAF thread with a number of people talking about how they like H5. This was met with beauties such as "Dumb people are the loudest".

Ps: I'm on my phone so sorry if this is poorly worded or structured.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will this update be played at Worlds? (auto aim not radar)

Doubt it for radar. It hasn't been tested and there's not enough time to be tested and for the pros to practice on it. Auto aim is probably going to be at worlds as it doesn't affect the core gameplay
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Will this update be played at Worlds? (auto aim not radar)

ill get confirmation but would say more than likely yes for the caster/sniper patch, radar 1000% no as its purly in a testing phase atm.

edit - what he said above :P (slow mobile)

• Upvote (+1) 1