CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why would Devon leave 3sUp aren't they one of the top AM teams?

Guess he didn't like how they played at Vegas.

Plus monster is a major tilter. Tons of talent but.completely annoying to listen to

343 drops the ball in the content department. I mean other then a few hype trailers and a podcast no one listens to. What HCS content do they put out?

They could easily show jump tips or ryanoob helpful vids during downtime but instead it's the same shitty montages and hw2 ads
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Hey guys! 

Apologies for not having the HWC Las Vegas album out this morning. I ended up passing out In bed with my laptop on me haha.

Unacceptable. You're fired....Wait..

• Upvote (+1) 1

does smite update their tournament bracket?

Touché.

But jokes aside, I'm not saying that I'm 100% happy with how things are, but I just wish there was balance. Because the Halo community is teetering a little too far in the "tough love" side of things. And it gets tiring.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Guys... without the community halo would already be gone. I love you all. Maybe I mistyped or maybe you misread, I do not think you all being passionate about halo is the problem. The problem that I see is just constant hate. Not about the game, not about a specific situation, but just hate overall and I get it. It's also not like everyone is to blame over this. I read a lot of great comments on here that sadly go unnoticed. When I speak to someone at an event and they ask me where should I go to keep up with halo, and I tell them teambeyond.net I feel like we are 1 step closer. To get on here and see that bs with Tashi, which is just straight personal attacks from frank on someone he does not like for his own reasoning is sad. To see some defend it as "it's just passion for halo" is even worse. Like I said I do not mean to blame you and maybe I mistyped. If you know me at all you know I could not respect you all more and be more appreciate of everything I have gotten in my life because OF YOU. Sorry if it felt like an attack it really wasn't meant to be that way. I just like to see good constructive criticism on what we can do to improve our franchise, not blind hate. Remember the community and pro players are all fighting the same battle here. Sadly we have to be more careful with our words and in which fashion we choose to share them. Thank you again, have a great day.

Probably making a mistake by not completely catching up before replying to this, but I also think the reputation of TB is overshadowing what actually happens here. People come here expecting to see negativity and once they find the post they can quote it gets attributed to the community.

There are times where there is agreement around certain topics, but not everyone that agrees with a post stated in a poor manner is feeling hatred. And even when the majority of posts go negative for a page or a poor event shouldn't be seen in a silo.

Do you have any specific suggestions on ways to improve the perception of the positive comments here to the larger halo community? The work several people here put into the community seems like it could help, but is that something you or other players would promote (you know to be part of the solution).

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@Sandman

I love your work dude. Those shots on ninja and naded are amazing. I can see what you mean about the job getting tirimg, but your passion shows through, especially whith those 2 series of shots. Im glad you found your drive because we'd miss so much with out your work!

• Upvote (+1) 4

snip

I can see where you are coming from. To someone new and who doesnt understand our frustrations, we probably can be off putting. I do feel like there are a lot of hype posts, twitch clips or great plays, some good memes,and other positive posts.

I will say that reading the forums after an event and scrolling through them can make it weirder to see since it feels like this forum is just a train of thought vs a thread of posts like a site such as reddit. I feel like some questions and frustrations of the moment dont translate well after the fact.

I also think that negativity sticks with you longer. If it lowers your mood then youll see it more than anything else. Maybe im biased since i truly love being here, but i think any negativity is evened out or surpassed by jokes memes or hype. While maybe we should try and stay more positive for newer members/lurkers, it would feel disingenuous to hold back criticism especially when casters come by for feedback during the event.

Thanks for your post though. Its good to hear how you view things

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm obviously a fan but after a week and a half of scrims/competition it seems like Ogre2 is getting it back... Comms never an issue but KD is much better

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can see where you are coming from. To someone new and who doesnt understand our frustrations, we probably can be off putting. I do feel like there are a lot of hype posts, twitch clips or great plays, some good memes,and other positive posts.

Team Beyond should do a recap of all the cool posts after an event. But unfortunately they complain too much and are too lazy. Team Beyond step up your :poop: .  :kappa:

Y'all too wild if you think personally attacking someone is being critical of their ability to perform at their job and highlighting instances where their behavior doesn't align with the standards of professionalism that come along with their position.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Splyce looking extremely strong in scrims against LG

that comeback on plaza slayer was hype though

• Upvote (+1) 2

Caught stealing a meme and this is all you have to say for yourself?

SAD.

If you supported your fellow team beyond users and followed me on twitter you would have seen me retweet it 5 days ago.   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

ur a god @@Sandman

no u <3

@@Sandman

I love your work dude. Those shots on ninja and naded are amazing. I can see what you mean about the job getting tirimg, but your passion shows through, especially whith those 2 series of shots. Im glad you found your drive because we'd miss so much with out your work!

Thanks so much man. I really appreciate It.  I'm definitely happy I found my drive again also. I don't know what I would do If I wasn't shooting events. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

LG team work is really strong. Ninja has changed up his game a lot and is really gelling well with this team.

They should be aiming for top 4 at worlds atleast

• Upvote (+1) 5

I cant wait to see the stats from this event to see how hard Victory X was shitting on people.  I feel like he was going fucking hard every game i saw.  And saiyan, hes good af and stays so calm.  I really like this LG team and im pretty happy to see them doing well honestly.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Apparently the matching pants rule is back for worlds

It never really left. It was always a rule that only ESL enforced. ESL hasn't had an event since Fall Finals.