CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

People were complaining about the lack of a countdown timer on day 1 instead of talking about the matches ... MLG production quality was actually pretty bad back in H3, but no one cared, because there weren't a few power users spamming negative comments and driving the conversation in that direction.

I lose brain cells whenever some idiot compares 2008 MLG to 2017 ESL.  

Oh, and the MLG forums were 10x more "toxic" than beyond.  

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Shit Talk forums ftw.

• Upvote (+1) 3

same, and i only say that because i want the best NA teams to be at worlds and they seem like the better team ATM

obviously that could change with a strong performance from ALG this weekend, they play the games for a reason i suppose ;)

http://www.halodatahive.com/Team/Detail/3

~50% win rate vs pro teams is pretty good imo

rmUD4sQ.png

and here's their record vs splyce

according to my super quick math ALG is up 26-25 in the series overall, that's a pretty good sign

is this just scrims or does it include online qualifiers as well? i thought splyce has come out on top vs alg in those settings more often

I know everyone is super hyped for worlds but after worlds I hope we finally get the setting we've been asking for.

5 vs. 5 instead of 4 vs. 4 competitive play. Could you imagine a team of Royal 2, Snakebite, Lethul, Frosty, AND Snip3down?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Shit Talk forums ftw.

MLG rep messages were brutal lmao

is this just scrims or does it include online qualifiers as well? i thought splyce has come out on top vs alg in those settings more often

that's an excellent question (because idk lol)

i believe it includes both

I know everyone is super hyped for worlds but after worlds I hope we finally get the setting we've been asking for.

5 vs. 5 instead of 4 vs. 4 competitive play. Could you imagine a team of Royal 2, Snakebite, Lethul, Frosty, AND Snip3down?

:apg:

Thats because MLG knew how to run tournaments and forums right.

Cmon 343  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

- snip -

Bit of an exaggeration with the delays as the only long breaks really occur between matches. But I understand your point. We just want to see halo and stream issues do drive away people

So what happened to Splyce on the weekend? They looked average compared to pnda liquid nv and og.

Didnt seem to be as much pressure on the map. I always feel likw falcated is out of position fighting heaps of 1v1s which he often wins but then gets easily cleaned up. Also he seems to get away with mistakes against the weaker teams but againt the good teams just makes it hard for the rest of his team.

LG played so well over the weekend the experience really showed and Saiyan stepped up and was making plays against splyce.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder if Devon went to this this team and not STD interesting

I'm actually hoping for a Ryanoob-Blaze Infamous reunion on Cryptik.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Its anything that the API can pick up so yeah these include online qualifiers.

Also I'm very surprised that TC dropped Baby J. They were looking very impressive and some team chemistry change this close to Sunday cant be good.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are you saying you're just a know-nothing 08 kid?

Get off the forums and go back to H3, 08 kid.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So what happened to Splyce on the weekend? They looked average compared to pnda liquid nv and og.

Didnt seem to be as much pressure on the map. I always feel likw falcated is out of position fighting heaps of 1v1s which he often wins but then gets easily cleaned up. Also he seems to get away with mistakes against the weaker teams but againt the good teams just makes it hard for the rest of his team.

LG played so well over the weekend the experience really showed and Saiyan stepped up and was making plays against splyce.

the guns were too young for such a big spotlight 

i know these guys have some lan exp, but they have like a year of lan exp vs people who have been doing it for a decade, it's not totally unsurprising that they under performed and came up short when they were out of their element 

and tbh it was probably the best thing that could have happened to them, it could be a really good learning experience if they let it be

• Upvote (+1) 4

"No i joined in 06 but i forgot my password and made a new account"
  • Upvote (+1) 5

He specifically mentioned Halo 3 n00b

Do you really want to feel the wrath of my 06 join date? Fkn fake analyst

Bit of an exaggeration with the delays as the only long breaks really occur between matches. But I understand your point. We just want to see halo and stream issues do drive away people

It was hyperbole to get my pov across.

My thoughts on the LCQ

Splyce: Currently my favorites. I think they have the most talent of the remaining teams and a great in game leader/shot caller in Shooter. Can the young guns handle the pressure?

ALG: I'd love to see Commonly get redemption. I think it's unfair to put the series loss on one play. Anyways, we all know what Spartan is capable of and I think Trippey will benefit the LCQ being online. But will they get tilted as a lot of people think they are prone to do.

EG: Ok, things are looking bad here. Everyone is doubting them, and for pretty good reason. However, I can see them squeezing through. Roybox and 2gre have shown multiple times that they can handle any pressure thrown at them, but will handling pressure be enough to overcome their other flaws?

Cryptik: The wild card of the LCQ in my opinion. A lot of people are high on Cryptik right now after their great performance at Vegas. I think we could see them pull off some upsets that really shape how everything plays out. My question lies with is the Baby J F/A tweet real or a troll; if real, who do they pick up and does it push them forward or hold them back.

3sUp: A good roster, but I think just out of contention when considering the other teams. Who will they get to replace Devon? Will said replacement be a catalyst that propels them into the conversation with Splyce/ALG/etc.?

STDx: If they did pick up Devon as rumored, I could see this team making some noise, but like 3sUp, I think they are just outside of contention.

TLDR: Splyce top 1, but Cryptik could pull something off to fuck the bracket up. Also how will tropical storm Devon play out?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Its anything that the API can pick up so yeah these include online qualifiers.

Also I'm very surprised that TC dropped Baby J. They were looking very impressive and some team chemistry change this close to Sunday cant be good.

Your site is awesome man. Thanks for what you do

• Upvote (+1) 4

That being said guys there is a HUG difference between the following two posts, one is ok and one is not. That is all PJ is saying here.

NmHxW4Y.gif

^Also how I feel after today's post-event forum fun.

• Upvote (+1) 3