CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The game is half the issue, and I will never say I'm the one who should be leading the way when it comes to designing a Halo game. Anyone with their senses about them will also never say that. The other half of the issue, and what is easily the bigger issue, is the HCS and how it's currently operated. That's what my post was more so referring to - when people blame the negativity, bashing, etc that goes on either on social media or on here on being the biggest issue this community currently faces.

Really hate nit picking the semantics, but just so it's clear what I was saying I will. Yes, the negativity bashing etc IS the biggest issue this community faces. Terrible production makes 343 look bad, by us devolving into personal attacks, redundant rants of "constructive criticism" - it makes us look bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really hate nit picking the semantics, but just so it's clear what I was saying I will. Yes, the negativity bashing etc IS the biggest issue this community faces. Terrible production makes 343 look bad, by us devolving into personal attacks, redundant rants of "constructive criticism" - it makes us look bad.

the community is a reflection of the health of the scene

the amount of money 343 put towards HWC (4?+ million in prize money alone) is a big reason why everyone has high expectations for these events

fyi it's not just team beyond who is frustrated and disappointed, that's the narrative of the ENTIRE competitive halo scene (and the halo community in general)

• Upvote (+1) 3

ya wanting to see better isn't what i'm commenting on overall. Maybe I view it differently idk. I see days where we have great discussions on what could be done to improve, and I see days where it is just hateful. You can obviously not see it that way, but I've seen plenty of times where people make a comment about how negative the forum has gotten. Notice when I say EG lost to an AM team you immediately go to critique ESL/343 for taking the pro seed from splyce, instead of actually realizing EG lost to an AM team. Now maybe I am just reaching with that situation, but that exact thing is what happens frequently imo

Yeah, I totally understand your perspective. In my opinion, it essentially comes down to tolerance. How long can constantly give "constructive feedback" before enough is enough?

I agree with Capitalist, I'll always watch the HCS because I love Halo, there is no doubt about that, but that doesn't mean they haven't completely worn down my patience with nonsensical decision making with no end in sight. Esports isn't some mysterious un-explored territory that we need to decipher. There are very clear standards in the industry that the HCS simply is not meeting, and thats just unacceptable for Microsoft's flagship console esport.

It doesn't matter how hard you work or how nice you are (referring to HCS staff); if the product isn't up to code then something needs to change.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hurts even more when you look at Gears of War, another Microsoft system seller which is less popular than Halo but seems to be doing most things right.

"You can't compare those two, totally different!"

tumblr_m1tq0l7b3l1qieybw.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hurts even more when you look at Gears of War, another Microsoft system seller which is less popular than Halo but seems to be doing most things right.

Gears of War 4 is more fresh so they will push it more until the next big MS multiplayer comes out and then stop supporting it.

Gears of War 4 is more fresh so they will push it more until the next big MS multiplayer comes out and then stop supporting it.

I'm more talking about the people in charge of their esports stuff. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm more talking about the people in charge of their esports stuff. 

Oh yeah they seem more capable do their job than ours.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would encourage everyone to avoid really honing in on ONLY the negative posts in here. As someone who pretty much reads every post in the thread (yes, even NavG's), to me this comes off as a very positive, fun place to be.

There was a great deal of excitement in here around HCS Las Vegas this past weekend (the competition was incredible, shout out to all the players), a decent amount of fun memes, lots of hype about the upcoming LCQ, and even more excitement for Worlds later this month. I hate to see a good community be described as the problem for issues they have no control over just because the feedback loop turns a bit negative from time to time.

Final thought: it would be nice if the small contingent of folks who, um, go a bit strong (putting it mildly) sometimes would tone it down a bit. You can make the same core points without being a complete dick.

Cute attempt bud, you betrayed snakebite and no we're not going to stop honing in on that just because he's quoting you.  :kappa: 

Fair point though, in any situation I always think a compromise is a step to the right solution. As the community should lighten up, 343 should fix some issues. As people need to be less negative, people need to be more understanding.  :prayers: 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Does anybody remember when Gandhi used us a practice girl so he could feel confident when he took Smite on a date?

• Upvote (+1) 3

how useful are nothing but great discussions if nothing we're discussing ever gets fixed? 

sounds like safe space BS

I come here because I love halo. I also come here to vent my frustrations with the handling of a franchise that was once so great. 

Sometimes it's too much, but that is mostly a reflection on the state of the game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think SnakeBite's main point is the fact that posts like Frank's that are personally attacking 343 employee's seem to be okay in the minds of some people here because he is "correct." when it's just not the right way to go about change IMO.

Personally I've just decided to stay away from here during events. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

I just ignore most of the posts and just read some when an event is going on and see their reactions to crazy upsets and plays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ya wanting to see better isn't what i'm commenting on overall. Maybe I view it differently idk. I see days where we have great discussions on what could be done to improve, and I see days where it is just hateful. You can obviously not see it that way, but I've seen plenty of times where people make a comment about how negative the forum has gotten. Notice when I say EG lost to an AM team you immediately go to critique ESL/343 for taking the pro seed from splyce, instead of actually realizing EG lost to an actual AM team. Now maybe I am just reaching with that situation, but that exact thing is what happens frequently imo

Im pretty sure he went to splyce since that was the team people were wanting to see over pnda

Im pretty sure he went to splyce since that was the team people were wanting to see over pnda

I don't think you read the conversation we had if that is what you believe. Actually I should correct that. With what I said he thought the match I was talking about was splyce, but my point was that the EG vs splyce match had no reason to be on stream over a qualifying match, and EG lost to an AM team round 1. Which is why in my post I said MLG would not have put that match on stage either. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I do find it funny that beyond which hosts events completely unsupported by anyone but themselves and the sponsorships the people in charge can put together is told to do better to improve the scene.

Big props to @@Saucey @@CyReN @@Clicked @@Infinity and other staff for continuing to host and push halo. I know that shit never really gets the praise or attention it deserves, but if betond as a whole is called out for not doing its part, then it needs to be mentioned

Edit i didnt mean to call you CRYren lol fixed

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I do find it funny that beyond which hosts events completely unsupported by anyone but themselves and the sponsorships the people in charge can put together is told to do better to improve the scene.

Big props to @@Saucey @cryren @@Clicked @@Infinity and other staff for continuing to host and push halo. I know that shit never really gets the praise or attention it deserves, but if betond as a whole is called out for not doing its part, then it needs to be mentioned

Occasionally I wonder what the Halo scene would be like if we never created this place.

• Upvote (+1) 7