CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

North Arkansas, little town called Cherokee Village.

Whaaaaat. No way. My parents are from that area. I live in NWA now though.

OT: Do you guys think Victory has another good year left to compete at Worlds? He improved quite a bit last season and I really don't want him to retire. Plus he's always seemed like a really nice person. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

How Victory X doesn't have a good team currently is beyond me. He's still the most underrated player in the top 8.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I fail to see why this is disappointing?

Because EG has twice now failed to get a top spot in pro league, and were literally one series away from being relegated. Literally every player Roybox picked up either were doing better before joining EG (Ninja Victory being top 4 players) or went on to do better (Snipedown). EG at a fundmental level is broken. And the only consistent member on that team are Lunchbox and Roy.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I'm not surprised that the Bubu, Shooter, Devon and Contra team aren't immediately hot out of the gates. While they look like a strong team on paper, I think they lack that "glue" or well-rounded player to bring it all together. They could overcome that with time, but its not going to be instantaneous. 

This isn't true at all.  Both Shooter and Devon fit that description with their general playstyle.

What they lack is a "tank" player (the "Go Deal Damage Even if I Die" / "Hold Forward and Outshoot Kids" player) -or- an eLTown/Hamy who will just freely OE and not care whether they live or die, but relieve a lot of pressure elsewhere on the map in doing so.

Adding a bigger edit because I had more thoughts and don't want to double post.

That's the kind of roster that needs to play together a lot to truly gel rather than having an instant chemistry that's visible in the first few scrims. The Liquid roster you've been seeing is in a similar boat.

These playstyles don't instantly mesh, so you'll see a lot of times where these rosters randomly have a spacing issue because they're used to doing the same things on their previous rosters.  Someone else is usually holding forward and trying to outpistol or autospray the opponents down, so these players are used to coming in after and cleaning up, or anchoring positions with rifles.  Except now, they don't have the same space, because again, no front liners on the team.

Someone else has to learn how to be the front line for the team, and that takes time.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Sorry EG fans, but no matter what duo we get, we'll never win again. Lunchbox is married and works a full time job. It's not 1 foot in, 1 foot out. It's his whole body is out and he's using his foot as a door stop to keep the door cracked open.

I feel bad for Roy though. He's still a top talent, but he's not going to abandon his brother. His best chance for another championship is for Lunch to retire so he can justify getting on a solid To3.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Sorry EG fans, but no matter what duo we get, we'll never win again. Lunchbox is married and works a full time job. It's not 1 foot in, 1 foot out. It's his whole body is out and he's using his foot as a door stop to keep the door cracked open.

I feel bad for Roy though. He's still a top talent, but he's not going to abandon his brother. His best chance for another championship is for Lunch to retire so he can justify getting on a solid To3.

While I don't agree with this entirely, I understand the sentiment. The top teams in this game are the grinders. EG has been the opposite of that lately. The twins definitely still have talent, but they also aren't full time gamers. All last season I felt like EG was limited in part by a lack of practice/play time together. I really don't expect ANY team who basically just gets on to scrim to challenge for the top 3 spots.

• Upvote (+1) 3

When do Ace and APG get back?

I'm really looking forward to see what happens with them.

I'm hoping they do end up running with Roybox and Spartan. Maybe even Commonly and/or Ninja aswell.

If they do end up going EG I might end up buying the EG skin packs...

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't true at all.  Both Shooter and Devon fit that description with their general playstyle.

What they lack is a "tank" player (the "Go Deal Damage Even if I Die" / "Hold Forward and Outshoot Kids" player) -or- an eLTown/Hamy who will just freely OE and not care whether they live or die, but relieve a lot of pressure elsewhere on the map in doing so.

Adding a bigger edit because I had more thoughts and don't want to double post.

That's the kind of roster that needs to play together a lot to truly gel rather than having an instant chemistry that's visible in the first few scrims. The Liquid roster you've been seeing is in a similar boat.

Someone else has to learn how to be the front line for the team, and that takes time.

Which is why I was so surprised TL went after Stellur... I know there are few players as aggressive as Spartan, but Stellur is almost the polar opposite (also in terms of communication). Guessing @ is going to have to step up w/ his aggression and power weapon play now that Spartan is gone?

Also, sad to see Str8 the org possibly gone... wish APG would stick with Heinz and find two others to join them.

I've put @@Huke forward for the Redbull esports player of the year, give him your vote boys.

http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/esports/stories/1331835141751/best-esports-player-of-the-year-2016-red-bull-esports

But he only won 1 tournament(plus 2 of the opens that tiberius reminded me of), I can't vote for someone to be player of the year if they're not even the best in their respective game.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

Huke won UGC St. Louis and Millennial eSports Las Vegas as well.

He went from not even being on a top 8 team at the start of the year to being on the most recent LAN/Pro League Season winner.

Plus he had success in CoD, make him the esport player of the year not just the Halo player of the year.

Huke won UGC St. Louis and Millennial eSports Las Vegas as well.

He went from not even being on a top 8 team at the start of the year to being on the most recent LAN/Pro League Season winner.

Ah yes, i forgot about the opens. Was only thinking of big tournaments.