CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Haven't posted any of my videos yet (haven't needed to as others have so thank you), this one felt a little weird as it's not really direct Halo content as such but wanted to keep the content flowing and also gave me a good opportunity to really test out adobe premier and play around with stuff. Feedback welcome :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FradKlJKls0

As if you went to Trump Tower lmao.

Exactly, which is why 343 is offloading physics calculations to the server. Removing superfluous visual effects wouldn't help if the cpu is the bottleneck.

Having both LAN and 60fps would be great, but as I said before I would definitely take 60fps over LAN if I had to choose.

Guys, its 2017. Having both 60fps and lan for multiplayer is absolutely must. Please don't try to find technical excuses as to why Halo 5 doesn't have both. Its huge fail and that is it. End of story. Lets hope its never happening again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

RIP EG. Going to take a miracle now

That's what happens when you pick up a terrible old washed up pro who's desperately clinging onto his youth by trying to play professional Halo again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 30

Never agreed with something more than this, and is the reason I've never put blame on teammates for "blowing a play" because we put him in that position.

All credit to Snakebite. He said stuff like this after fall finals and the fuel rod glitch. Really made me think
  • Upvote (+1) 1

That's what happens when you pick up a terrible old washed up pro who's desperately clinging onto his youth by trying to play professional Halo again.

People seem to be saying that Ogre2 said yes as they were turned down by others and as such needed a 4th.

But sure. Clinging on.

LoL actually yesterday Ogre2 was dropping 25 kills in games and his team was still losing, like in the Phatom Flag he had most kills in the game and they still lost.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Exactly, which is why 343 is offloading physics calculations to the server. Removing superfluous visual effects wouldn't help if the cpu is the bottleneck.

Having both LAN and 60fps would be great, but as I said before I would definitely take 60fps over LAN if I had to choose.

The physics hand shaking is offloaded to the server, but you still have to have local prediction modeling.

You've also got a dynamic resolution system which is going to cause fluctuating cpu usage proportional to the gpu's response to increased stress.

60fps is a must, but SOMETHING is causing H5 to have more cpu overhead than MCC- preventing them from having cpu reserve. It's either that our 343 just forgot LAN was important.

So why have we not tested the pro pipe i think it would be better than the caster

i think your talking about the grenade launcher. The pro pipe is the warzone steroids taking version. I think there was an issue where the projectile would pass through the map, but apparently this update fixed that

i think your talking about the grenade launcher. The pro pipe is the warzone steroids taking version. I think there was an issue where the projectile would pass through the map, but apparently this update fixed that

yeah thats what i meant i just called it the pro pipe in reach i didnt even know it had a warzone thing haha but yeah they should add it

yeah thats what i meant i just called it the pro pipe in reach i didnt even know it had a warzone thing haha but yeah they should add it

It was already on the rig and truth I think, basically it replaced caster, they took it down shortly after because of this bug where the projectile would fly trough geometry.

I also hope we will see it in competitive settings next season.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It was already on the rig and truth I think, basically it replaced caster, they took it down shortly after because of this bug where the projectile would fly trough geometry.

I also hope we will see it in competitive settings next season.

It would be nice and now that it looks like they fixed lag with forge maps maybe some new maps as well.

Regardless of whether or not this was sarcasm can we stop blaming the 4th for EG's problems please.

Ding, Ding, Ding,

Someone give this man a prize,

There have been three constants in EG, during halo 5.

It really doesn't take a genius to see where the problem lies.

There have been numerous 3rd's and 4th's on this roster but they have still not seen success since xgames ................................

BUT NO it couldn't possibly be the twins 

There must be another explanation,

It is EVERYONE else's fault.

At this point the twins remind me of a petulant child, who can't deal with the fact they are not as good as they believe themselves to be.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Ding, Ding, Ding,

Someone give this man a prize,

There have been three constants in EG, during halo 5.

It really doesn't take a genius to see where the problem lies.

There have been numerous 3rd's and 4th's on this roster but they have still not seen success since xgames ................................

BUT NO it couldn't possibly be the twins 

There must be another explanation,

It is EVERYONE else's fault.

At this point the twins remind me of a petulant child, who can't deal with the fact they are not as good as they believe themselves to be. And their fans are just disillusioned, blind, Misinformed,  or just plain ignorant.

i dont think the twins are bad. maybe its the combo of them and towey. most likely though its that they've hit the point where they aren't willing to sacrifice the other aspects of their lives in order to truly excel at this game. the easy check is all well and good but im betting that they are at the point where they may just retire and move on with school/family/work.

we cant really look at their arguing  either since they've been bickering since halo 2. i think most of their teammates would attest to that

For reference, this is what I see in Win10 performance tab and wattman when playing H5:Forge at 1920x1080 with all settings maxed and vsync off (no frame rate control applied at all). This was an old PC I had around with an i5-4570 quad core that I recently added an RX480 for cheap on a deal. No overclock, tweaks, profiles, or anything. Just everything stock and right out the box.

JcaPxh3.png

RsQqHZc.png?1

I've never experienced stutters or tearing. It's actually pretty amazing looking IMO.

I bought an R9 380 4gb for $150 shortly before the RX 500 series was announced. RX 480 at the time was like $250. Just saw a 480 on newegg for $150 yesterday. Gaaaaahhhh.

Anyway i must be cpu bound despite the fact its not effecting other games. I'll upgrade when the Ryzen 5s come out. Maybe by then the aiming on pc will be 100% fixed

If the frame bug is gone I think French deserves another feather in his cap.

He actually said it was a big due to a change in the games rendering system, and he didn't expect 343 to be able to fix it in h5s time frame.

So it's a case of under-promising and over-delivering. That's textbook good PR.

Is the framerate issue truly fixed? Or is it like PC aiming where it is better than before but still not good? I was only hitting dev maps in mm yesterday.

Is the framerate issue truly fixed? Or is it like PC aiming where it is better than before but still not good? I was only hitting dev maps in mm yesterday.

The patch notes said this:

• Greatly improved rendering performance on Forge objects with material swap that was causing framerate issues across many maps

So probably much better, just not 100% perfect. It will at least allow the Forgers to be more effective with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone who thinks that Raynguin should split up is getting blocked

didn't even say something to the effect of, he only didn't team with Rayne that Pro League season because he was being an idiot?  :kappa:

They have fantastic chemistry.

we cant really look at their arguing  either since they've been bickering since halo 2. i think most of their teammates would attest to that

I disagree. When you're the best in the game purely from skill and raw talent, you can have other flaws (communication, morale, etc.) and still win. When competition improves because it's a different game and there's more money on the line bringing out more talent and younger players, you have to adapt. If that means improving your weak spots (communication, dragging down team morale, etc.), then you have to do that. Just because something worked in the past doesn't mean it always will.

If I was an amazing shot in Halo Reach with bloom because I timed my shots perfectly, and then no bloom came out and I could shoot faster, I would have to adapt to the current meta. Current meta in Halo 5 is good teamwork and communication. NOTE: THIS WAS ONLY AN EXAMPLE, REACH WAS LAME

• Upvote (+1) 2

>come to TB and read the same 8 power users complain about low veiwership, lack of advertisements and sponsors, terrible event arrangements, and how Halo is basically dead

>realize I've been trying my controller cord into a noose

>retreat to /r/halo and continue to live in positive ignorance

I've never felt so bad about accidentally + repping someone  :eyes:

My bad man! I'll get you back sometime.

• Upvote (+1) 1