CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I thought it was possible for EG to win the LCQ over LG but I don't see them winning it over Splyce. Not online at least.

I don't see EG beating ALG either.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Off topic but I ran across this link on reddit and found it interesting at least.

https://np.reddit.com/r/shills/comments/4kdq7n/astroturfing_information_megathread_revision_8/

One of the first ones I clicked on https://np.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/rtr6b/a_very_interesting_insight_into_how_certain/

What an absolutely ridiculous assertion. Instead of worrying about this so-called "astroturfing", why don't we focus on a real issue, such as the fact that casuals DO NOT ASSIMILATE TO COMPETITIVE CULTURE and have led to a watering-down of competitive settings, forcing us to deal with automatic weapons, armor abilities, and massive bullet magnetism. As a community we have to say NO to casuals freely coming into this community with ZERO oversight.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Incredible how a single play can get you out of worlds.

One play is never the reason a team loses a best of 7, a team has to have made other mistakes to put themselves into that position. It might have kept them in the competition but they we're still down 3-2.

I thought it was possible for EG to win the LCQ over LG but I don't see them winning it over Splyce. Not online at least.

They would have to turn up big time on the day to win it, think there are lot of deep rooted issues on that team. My money is on Splyce

• Upvote (+1) 2

They would have to turn up big time on the day to win it, think there are lot of deep rooted issues on that team. My money is on Splyce

Splyce or Cryptik.

But I don't know what happened tonight for people to say "rip eg" but its also only like 2 days after the tournament, how much improvement do you think any team would have in that time frame? And you have to account for travel/recuperating/getting back on responsibilities etc.

Despite wanting EG to win the LCQ just to see them at Worlds, I think Splyce will end up winning it and causing some real damage at Worlds. That squad did not live up to their potential at Vegas. Something was off.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just wanted to drop by to point out once again that radar is in Team Arena and the HCS, but not in Team Snipers.

If 343i doesn't listen to their own employees, why would they listen to the pros or community. I've also heard nothing but horror stories from people behind the scenes that have to work with 343i for these sanctioned events. Hate to throw fuel at a bonfire, but egos and inexperience are why the HCS is a joke compared to other leagues.

and yes other leagues and players may have qualms, but at least they have the basics down first.

I have heard much the same from people working at 343i or previously worked at 343i.

Splyce or ALG are gonna win the LCQ but I would really want Team Cryptic to qualify since that team caused some havoc in Vegas.

If dastroyed drops sniper for someone else they probably win that coli ts vs ALG.

Was surprised how well they played NV too

EG 7 - 6 Cryptic

Scrim Results

Coli CTF

EG 0 - 3 Cryptic

Plaza Slayer

EG 36 - 50 Cryptic

Eden SH

EG 100 - 31 Cryptic

Truth Slayer

EG 50 - 38 Cryptic

Fathom CTF

EG 1 - 3 Cryptic

Coli Slayer

EG 29 - 50 Cryptic

Plaza SH

EG 100 - 56 Cryptic

Rig Slayer

EG 50 - 38 Cryptic

Truth CTF

EG 3 - 2 Cryptic

Eden Slayer

EG 50 - 35 Cryptic

Rig SH

EG 100 - 92 Cryptic

Regret Slayer

EG 47 - 50 Cryptic

Empire SH

EG 44 - 100 Cryptic

• Upvote (+1) 9

After running customs on the new settings, I'm noticing a lot less auto usage.

Could just be a placebo, but it would be nice if this were a long term side effect

After running customs on the new settings, I'm noticing a lot less auto usage.

Could just be a placebo, but it would be nice if this were a long term side effect

After playing some myself I actually found myself using them more. Due to my lack of playtime recently along with being 25, I trust my awareness more than my gunskill. I constantly got the drop on players with my AR just from knowing they would be coming to my location.

Only got a few games in but I definitely enjoyed being able to utilize awareness more than pretty much pure gunskill and "time in crouch" as the game is now.

Lmao do you guys remember when there was a fucking SAW on empire

Remember how many times they tried to force it in before it finally snuck its way in too?

Lmao do you guys remember when there was a fucking SAW on empire

Speaking of, why haven't they switched the dmr to the recon dmrs on empire yet.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't see EG beating ALG either.

I could see them beating ALG. Any team with spartan is going to be super random and inconsistent.

• Upvote (+1) 6

NaDan is my favourite duo that I didn't know existed before Vegas.

They've done the impossible and made Pnda likeable.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Curious to see how this Last Chance Qualifier turns out, hopefully people stream it. But if not, I'm sure esl's coverage will be fine.

The CPU can act as a bottleneck though especially when trying to run halo's physics with a 60fps framebuffer. Sure gpu is responsible for rendering the imagine, but the cpu's gotta tell it what where and when, and in Halo it's having to keep track of more physical objects than many other games.

Exactly, which is why 343 is offloading physics calculations to the server. Removing superfluous visual effects wouldn't help if the cpu is the bottleneck.

Having both LAN and 60fps would be great, but as I said before I would definitely take 60fps over LAN if I had to choose.