CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Old Liquid is way better than Sparty's new team IMO. Seems like both sides will be losing out on those decisions.

I for one am interested in seeing how the reformed worlds allegiance will do. I think most.people consider Spartan an upgrade over naded, so who knows what could happen. They played really well tonight.

Where are you coming from?

North Arkansas, little town called Cherokee Village.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm not surprised that the Bubu, Shooter, Devon and Contra team aren't immediately hot out of the gates. While they look like a strong team on paper, I think they lack that "glue" or well-rounded player to bring it all together. They could overcome that with time, but its not going to be instantaneous. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm not surprised that the Bubu, Shooter, Devon and Contra team aren't immediately hot out of the gates. While they look like a strong team on paper, I think they lack that "glue" or well-rounded player to bring it all together. They could overcome that with time, but its not going to be instantaneous. 

Yeah. I think it's telling that having Stellur instead of Devon looked better on paper AND in scrims.

I really think it comes down to your weakest link - if it's relentlessly difficult to get even one kill, that's an enormous advantage. With Bubu, Stellur and Contra on one team, you can't reliably force a pistol fight and win. Their shot is consistent enough that even Royal 2 or Huke are going to lose a decent fraction of 1v1s. That majorly turns down the aggression you can muster. And with the frontline solid like that, Shooter is given room to play his unique brand of smart and sneaky. nV does the same thing for Ola, as does Optic for Frosty. 

If you're going to contend with the top 2 teams, you need that Offensive Line, so to speak. Given the current playerbase, 3 of your players are thus probably drawn from Contra, Stellur, Bubu, Danoxide, Roy or possibly yes Ninja if he ever played. Anybody else is too easy to push back imo.

• Upvote (+1) 7

North Arkansas, little town called Cherokee Village.

Ahh okay. I'm in Memphis and will also be making the trip to the STL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not 100% sure on this but it seems team changes come in cycles that alternate between the majority of teams getting closer to the top team(s) and getting further away. I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but I think the best team to challenge CLG/Optic until this season was probably the worlds denial team. Then after the summer season ended it seemed teams generally got closer to optic in terms of taking series to game fives and now obviously dethroning optic on LAN. Seeing many of these team changes I can't help but think they may contend well with each other but it will just come down to Optic and Nv battling over the top spot while they stomp on everyone else.

Twas 5 kills until Christmas

And all across the map

Not a spartan was stirring

They were crounching in back

In their base with autos pointed with care

For players who might sprint/thrust/slide there

Watching the radar and crouch walking around

Finding no players, no kills to be found

You with the camo, me with OS

We realize these settings arent really the best

Take the autos, the markers and blips

To give us a game we want to watch on Twitch

MERRY CHRISTMAS

You may be a new member but in my heart you've been here forever.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This post messed with my head... PLEASE COME BACK TOM AND DAN. @@OGRE2

-Ghost

The only possibility for this to happen is No Radar ;)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hypothetically, if ace and apg join eg, there is going to be a dissolved pro league spot. Most likely eg would take over over str8's 4th seed, and the eg seed goes away. Heinz can't get it because eco is gone, same with ninja because stellur is gone too. So there would be an open spot, and there would have to be a qualifier(probably online) for it.

I'm not 100% sure on this but it seems team changes come in cycles that alternate between the majority of teams getting closer to the top team(s) and getting further away. I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but I think the best team to challenge CLG/Optic until this season was probably the worlds denial team. Then after the summer season ended it seemed teams generally got closer to optic in terms of taking series to game fives and now obviously dethroning optic on LAN. Seeing many of these team changes I can't help but think they may contend well with each other but it will just come down to Optic and Nv battling over the top spot while they stomp on everyone else.

2 of the 3 tourneys NV has been to, they have lost to lower seeds(liquid,optic), and were taken to 5 games by teams people thought they would stomp (eg, most wanted). Optic has shown no such vulnerability to lesser teams. NV hasn't consistently shown the gap is farther between them and the pack yet.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

2 of the 3 tourneys NV has been to, they have lost to lower seeds(liquid,optic), and were taken to 5 games by teams people thought they would stomp (eg, most wanted). Optic has shown no such vulnerability to lesser teams. NV hasn't consistently shown the gap is farther between them and the pack yet.

This downplay though the only LAN event nV lost this season was OC and nV has massively improved since then and Liquid only managed to take a single series off nV on LAN once.

They 4-0'd str8 and Liquid at finals and have never lost an event aside from OC not to mention the fact that they beat Optic in 2 B07s on LAN which no other team has even come remotely close to doing sets them and Optic apart.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is a pro league spot really that important right now?

I wouldn't be surprised if after worlds these teams all do a reshuffle anyway. That's when taking into account the pro league spot is important.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wouldn't be surprised if after worlds these teams all do a reshuffle anyway. That's when taking into account the pro league spot is important.

Honestly I think they should have qualifiers after worlds for every team that excluding the teams who stick together and this way the pros aren't limited in the amout team changes they can make and can earn there spots back later.

I really want too see that contra/bubu/stellur/shooter roster come to fruition which probably won't happen if pros are scared of losing there league spots.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Post-worlds could potentially be a confusing time. In a 3-1 split, the 3 players keep the spot. In a 2-2 split the manager chooses which 2 get the spot. But what happens if no to2 lasts? Could the manager just form a new team? Or would their be some sort of qualification tourney?

Or am i overthinking it?

Forums: "Man, why did those teams break up?  They need to take time to mesh together to compete with OpTic."

Also Forums: "These teams aren't looking like gods in their first few scrims, they should break up."

True. When you can see that a team might "have something," it can be difficult to tell just where their peak could be... however, some of these teams look downright bad and the construction of them doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

I'll still stick by my belief that the best new team I've seen so far has been Stellur/Bubu/Contra/Shooter. The players on Optic and nV play really smart Halo in addition to being really talented. A team that wants to compete with them at least needs the raw skill to match up. Each formed team so far has a weakness in that department, imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To seriously challenge nV & OG I think a team has to not only have Bubu but also have Naded. Although I'm not a huge fan of him he makes incredible plays & often is a hard kill. I also think that he does a fair amount of OBJ work. I'm not sure the personalities would work but I'd like to see the following:

Bubu

Naded

Eco

Spartan/Ace/Stellur

That last Main Slayer part is the tough one. I would probably go with Spartan at this point, although I could see arguments for the other 2. I just think he is most consistent. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Every new team is playing for third. Unless there is a change in NV and Optic, nothing will change. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, we know what a contender team looks like even in early days. It looks like nV, who immediately started shitting the minute the team formed. Exactly the same as CLG when Lethul first joined. Obviously there's some time-related gelling, but if you're not hot out of the gates than you're building your house on sand.

No

• Downvote (-1) 1