CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Winners finals was also a lot closer than people seem to think, at least it felt like that from playing the series. Liquid is a great team and shouldn't switch at all at least for the near future

Game 1 didn't count.

i see you TJ. but theyre never getting rid of audley, no matter how much you want it

Analysts have ruined Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Analysts have ruined Halo.

Confirmed.

lol, I really don't want to search 34 hours of footage for 1 game..

@@TheSimms, will the ESLHalo YouTube upload these games?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who do you guys think has the best raw abilities outside of Optic Gaming?

Renegade, Huke, pretty much all of Liquid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Renegade, Huke, pretty much all of Liquid.

What is your opinion on Snipedown, Ola, Mikwen, Shotzzy & Bubu? Relative to that group already mentioned (recent Bubu slump notwithstanding)

S/O to Victory X and Ninja for always gettting dropped and always finding a way to stick it to whoever dropped them and make it to top 8 (in this case 6). the CamJa duo is one of the best in Halo 5. 

I agree, although I may be bias. Camja is my favorite duo, and its awesome to see them always beat/outplace the team that left them or dropped them.

The value of the pro league is that it produces weekly scheduled content for fans to consume while also being relatively cheap to operate. It's certainly less entertaining than LANs, but it does help keep a bit of spotlight on Halo and it allows Orgs more opportunity to build their brand. I wouldn't do away with it.

What I would do is strengthen the the program to make Open LANs carry more weight, and provide more opportunities for AM teams to break out.

Per season I'd have Weekly Pro League matches, Weekly AM Cups and 3 LANs per season (opening, mid season, finals). Everything would be about earning HCS Points.

At the first LAN, pros would be in the champ bracket by default, top 8 Open AMs would make it into Champ bracket. Top 16 teams awarded HCS points for their placements (no bonus for Pros.)

Between the first and second LANs Pros can increase their point total by winning pro league matches. AMs can increase their points by Legendary Cup placements.

At the Mid Season LAN the top 12 teams (based on points) will be invited to pool play, and seeded into the Champ Bracket based on pool performance. The top 4 Open AMs would complete the champ bracket.

The second half of the Season would mirror the first. At finals the top 8 teams would make up the next Pro League. Any Pro team that doesn't finish top 8 would be relegated.

This would improve the Friday stream content, give top AMs more opportunity to play Pros on LAN and more exposure on Stream, puts more emphasis on LAN performance in comparison to online, and cuts out the unfairness of the current setup- all while still providing weekly content.

Pro league is really good because it's weekly matches. Can't do that on LAN. Having events around the league so AMs can play pros and having those LAN performances mean more than the online play means teams have to go (since some teams didn't go to fall season events). I could see them doing a pre season, mid season, post season LANs but still have pro league finals. That way we get 3 open LANs and 1 invitational per season.

But, to do this properly and well they need to plan it out and not have a similar situation to seeding points after UGC. Doing that discourages AMs and that part of the competition needs to grow

Shotzzy, huke, renegade, danoxide, stellur

Penguin is too refined for me to consider him "raw" if that makes sense. He's like the 6th best player right now though

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@TheSimms, will the ESLHalo YouTube upload these games?

Probs not as it's not our show/content but if Mill/Halo do ill be sure to create a playlist linking it along with all HaloWC uploads once I'm back home.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Probs not as it's not our show/content but if Mill/Halo do ill be sure to create a playlist linking it along with all HaloWC uploads once I'm back home.

Urgh. Why can't we just have a universal place for all HCS content. Thanks for the reply though.

(Not blaming you, it's 100% out of your hands)

• Upvote (+1) 8

I agree, although I may be bias. Camja is my favorite duo, and its awesome to see them always beat/outplace the team that left them or dropped them.

Penguin and commonly outplaced them
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Will hecz stop treating you guys like stepchildren and attend worlds?

He had painting to do, it's understandable. He said in his vlog that he wouldn't miss worlds

Huke, danoxide, stellur

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's almost as if universal settings are a shit idea  :thinking:  :thinking:  :thinking:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeliciousTentativeSageCurseLit

Universal in regards to across H5? Sure.

But i think Team Arena should have the same settings that are used in Pro League Matches & HCS Lans.

What always made Halo great, to me anyways, were the multi-layers that the game allowed.

Wanna dick around? Action-Sack/Fiesta

Wanna play competitive/intense games? Arena/Hardcore

Wanna play competitively, but not quite as intense as Arena? Slayer/Doubles

Could also be because r/halo recently had a discussion on teambeyond being toxic :mj:

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/5xp8vd/naded_crying_tears_of_joy_after_qualifying_for/dek557c/?st=izz9geoq&sh=9aefbfb9

Man reading that makes me sad. I only started watching halo with halo 5 and think they h5 is actually a pretty good game. I get it's not the most popular opinion here, but barring one or two things (automatics, I'm looking at you) I think h5 is pretty great.

I wouldn't have been involved in HCS if it wasn't for beyond.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Everyone bagging on el town reminded me of this during summer finals

https://clips.twitch.tv/GenerousWimpyToadBabyRage

Also why doent the broadcast promote team skins? Every time optic, NV, ALG, eg are on screen, just say you can go and buy the skins at halo.gg. it's so simple yet they don't do it.

Also Devon left 3sUp for the lcq

• Upvote (+1) 6