CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You would think that we would have learned by now that NONE can. I don't care what happened in an online league so summer pro league is meaningless, and then nV beating OG in two BO7's was a 1 in a 100 occurrence (ie a FLUKE). Anyway I'd take Huke, Penguin, Eco, and Stellur. That team might be able to take a couple maps off of OG on LAN.

How is winning two back to back best of 7s a fluke lol?

Optic is beatable. Reading Lethuls recent post about not being happy they won because they're expected to. That's choker think. Even tom brady goes full spastic when he wins. Winners take pure joy in winning and never take anything for granted. In any game/sport as soon as you expect to win you're poised to lose

There has been 2 major h5 events. They sandbagged everyone else right before the first with a sketch bag move and won. For the second, they choked, hard.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Optic is beatable. Reading Lethuls recent post about not being happy they won because they're expected to. That's choker think. Even tom brady goes full spastic when he wins. Winners take pure joy in winning and never take anything for granted. In any game/sport as soon as you expect to win you're poised to lose

There has been 2 major h5 events. They sandbagged everyone else right before the first with a sketch bag move and won. For the second, they choked, hard.

Winning almost everything since forming as a team and then thinking that you're probably expected to win isn't really "choker think" nor does it imply they don't do their best. Its being realistic and doing what you expected of yourself. They're obviously happy with a win they just don't throw chairs and freak out. I'm not sure any of them ever have.

• Upvote (+1) 4

OpTic can be beat, but to think they are going to lose two Bo7's in a row is a bit ridiculous. The only way I could see OpTic really losing a tournament is by getting sent to the loser's bracket and then having to win two Bo7's (if I was a betting man in that scenario, I would still put my money on OpTic winning both). 

With this LAN, it looks as if Halo is deep enough for a 10 team pro league. I also think EU should expand to 8 teams and LATAM/ANZ deserve their own leagues. 

For those asking when did Penguin become so beasty?

Flash back to LANguin 2016

krFxlxj.png

Anyone know why rayne peng contra dev broke up before regionals?

With this LAN, it looks as if Halo is deep enough for a 10 team pro league. I also think EU should expand to 8 teams and LATAM/ANZ deserve their own leagues. 

Ehhhhh. Once someone can actually beat Fab, maybe.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont really think Esl is the problem at all. Its purely on ppl behind Hcs, their abilities and decisions to run with lower tier organisations. Even the fact that Ugc has been able to run great event without 343 support and servers, then things went suddenly down the hill, when 343 was involved, says a lot.

Like a mentioned before. If you are able to hire Menke to take care of ranks and matchmaking, why you cant hire competent people to take over Hcs management and tournament production.

I understand there is a budget, that holds you from having the world's at Madison square garden and bringing in those 7.9 millions Halo esports enthusiasts, but Hcs is constantly suffering from issues of very amateurish character.

I am honestly surprised that Microsoft/Xbox is even allowing this incompetency. Properly utilizing things like twitter, facebook and websites is very basic, jet very important thing. If you cant get this right, no doubt you will fail at many other things.

Do you remember that Halo Channel app for windows and xbox ? They haven't updated it for months. Its dead. Like Halo Waypoint app before. Or do you remember that super awfully slow Halo 4 stats web ? Man, they dumped so much money in those useless shiny apps i am sure, jet they can't properly run a twitter account.

ESL was behind the Pnda ruling, 343 had nothing to do with it.

They're not the only issue, but they're certainly not setting a good example.

They won't give LATAM a league. It doesn't matter that we showed them how many teams we have (100+ for the online qualifiers even when the rules said only people aged 18+ could participate), doesn't matter that we showed them that the viewers are there (3500+ for finals I think), 343 just doesn't care about growing our scene, maybe they don't think this is a good market or maybe it's just too expensive to run shit here, who knows. But even if they do give us a Pro League (that would be a miracle), I probably wouldn't play on it, we don't have a dedicated server for LATAM so all matches would have to be played on the US servers and some Mexican teams would have an enormous advantage.

I'm not criticizing the EU scene or anything but they do have servers plus a Pro League and AM scene and they had a lot less teams signed up for their online qualifiers, yes they did have more teams for their open event but it's the EU where it's basically super affordable to travel everywhere, the team attendance for the Mexico City event wasn't the best but that's because not even some people from the norther part of Mexico can afford to travel to that city, it's just ridiculously expensive.

Oh, well, guess the only thing I can do is wait 11 months so I can win the online qualifier for my subregion and 343 will pay for my tickets to compete in Mexico City :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Reading Lethuls recent post about not being happy they won because they're expected to. That's choker think. Even tom brady goes full spastic when he wins. Winners take pure joy in winning and never take anything for granted.

@@LethuL's lost like two LANs since the end of 2014 and you're talking about his mindset like he's trying to break out of AM. people are different, the only thing every single "winner" has in common is that they work hard and they win.

I mean I think nV has the talent and skill to be in grand finals if you want to criticize people for choking

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was surprised too, Federer is the greatest to ever grace a tennis court and every final he win he celebrates like it's his first win.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Any way to see game results of Splyce vs EG? Just went back and rewatched series vs TC. Def not Ogre2s fault...

I was surprised too, Federer is the greatest to ever grace a tennis court and every final he win he celebrates like it's his first win.

People are different but also I think it's partially that it's not HWC yet either. After last season's finals they know there's still lots of hard work ahead before the real prize.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every team (especially at the top) should expect/think they can win. Just some teams or people react differently. I obviously prefer emotion and jumping around and screaming after a win.

If I remember correctly, in h2a Lethul didn't show any/little emotion after winning, it was his team that got hype. At lest he hasn't changed

Ehhhhh. Once someone can actually beat Fab, maybe.

It's not out of the realm of possibility. They've been beaten online once or twice. Expanding to eight teams is the best way IMO for the Halo community to attract larger orgs (we used to have Dignitas, Fnatic, and Epsilon) unless HCS decides to do a Gfinity Pro circuit in EU which would be cool. 

They won't give LATAM a league. It doesn't matter that we showed them how many teams we have (100+ for the online qualifiers even when the rules said only people aged 18+ could participate), doesn't matter that we showed them that the viewers are there (3500+ for finals I think), 343 just doesn't care about growing our scene, maybe they don't think this is a good market or maybe it's just too expensive to run shit here, who knows. But even if they do give us a Pro League (that would be a miracle), I probably wouldn't play on it, we don't have a dedicated server for LATAM so all matches would have to be played on the US servers and some Mexican teams would have an enormous advantage.

I'm not criticizing the EU scene or anything but they do have servers plus a Pro League and AM scene and they had a lot less teams signed up for their online qualifiers, yes they did have more teams for their open event but it's the EU where it's basically super affordable to travel everywhere, the team attendance for the Mexico City event wasn't the best but that's because not even some people from the norther part of Mexico can afford to travel to that city, it's just ridiculously expensive.

Oh, well, guess the only thing I can do is wait 11 months so I can win the online qualifier for my subregion and 343 will pay for my tickets to compete in Mexico City :simms:

Personally if I were running the the HCS I'd mirror the Call of Duty World League and mirror it around that. So have the NA/EU/APAC/LATAM with their own events which all work towards one goal, Worlds. Of course it would require thinking and planning and money which 343 does not seem willing to spend, but it would grow Halo and keep it as a Tier 2 esport. 

People who think that liquid should make a team change are incredibly impatient. There are obviously 2 reasons that make optic dominant: individual skill and teamwork. When the players of the top teams are hot, their skills are on par or close to par with optic. So then what does that leave? Teamwork.

Optic's teamwork is really highlighted when they have an advantage in numbers. They seem to never throw away good opportunities. I think their CTF coli game in the finals against liquid was one of the most perfectly played games I have ever seen from a team. Slay, get a dude in cave, get a dude top rockets, two guys in the flag. Run the flag. Spawn kills. boom, cap.

Anyway, other teams need to continue to grind. You can't expect to reach the level of cohesion of optic by running together for a few months. The current optic team has been together for over a year!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Snipedown got a bad case of the frosty syndrome against liquid... I hope he recovers quickly

Once you start, I don't know if you ever recover. Prayers for Spartan, too.

Barry sanders never celebrated when he scored a touchdown but I guess he's a loser because some book worm desk jockey thinks so

Barry Sanders - 0 Super Bowl wins. I guess I'm siding with that other guy now.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1