CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's weird, they got so bad so quick. IIRC PGL Indianapolis was one of the better H2A events.

Indy was a good example of what happens when collaboration is done right. They brought in Voodoo and the Roberts brothers (The people behind P5) for tournament operations and just let them do their thing, they had Lenox still running production for HCS and he's IMO one of the best in the business, PGL rented a bunch of UGC's equipment for the mainstage setup (the metal bars/lights/smoke machine) and secured a good location at Indy PopCon which is a pretty big convention (and there were definitely a few spectators that came over from the con as well).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be ok with skipping future Millenial tourneys. Not sure a 3rd chance would realistically be granted after hearing more issues after the event.

Hopefully by the end of 2018 and possibly the launch of Halo 6, 343 can move on from their partnership with ESL and potentially make a strong bid for MLG. It's nice to see grassroots tournament organizers like ME and UGC support the scene but competitive Halo won't grow if these averagely produced events keep taking place.

Hopefully by the end of 2018 and possibly the launch of Halo 6, 343 can move on from their partnership with ESL and potentially make a strong bid for MLG. It's nice to see grassroots tournament organizers like ME and UGC support the scene but competitive Halo won't grow if these averagely produced events keep taking place.

Don't forget we have TWO Dreamhack events still to come this year.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I would be ok with skipping future Millenial tourneys. Not sure a 3rd chance would realistically be granted after hearing more issues after the event.

I'd be ok with them running future LANs. The more LANs the merrier. I just don't think they have any business running the most important event leading up to a $1million tournament.

I have had to deal with the most unprofessional nonsense regarding stat tracking. 

I was told by (2) separate people Gfinity staff/contractors that stats were kept for Gfinity - turns out, they were not kept at all. 

Vegas I dont think stats were kept at all as well. 

How do you not keep any type of stat from an event you run? So comical.

They did have someone taking photos of the stat screen at Vegas.. at one point anyways. Maybe it was just too much effort. 

People saying 4 pros together has the best chance against OpTic. I think Team Liquid has the best chance at the moment with nV pretty close if they can tighten some things up. You need to remember Liquid have only been a team for less than 3 months where OpTic have been a team for over a year. Some of these teams just need to stay together for longer than a season and I could see better finals

I have had to deal with the most unprofessional nonsense regarding stat tracking.

I was told by (2) separate people Gfinity staff/contractors that stats were kept for Gfinity - turns out, they were not kept at all.

Why would they keep player stats from a halo wars 2 commercial?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who/what were the ppl taking pictures of the screen after games then? Saw it a few times on stream

Man - fuck them for wanting Halo esports to be done right.

you missed the posts where people said they witnessed some of the best halo gameplay they've ever seen

the players held up their end of the bargain

I know. We should just accept the below par scheduling and just accept that we will always miss top teams playing. And i think after seeing my 100th halo wars 2 ad i know it by heart. This weekend i learned that it comes out feb 21 but if i preorder, i can play it 4 days early!

I realize it's hard to tell tones a lot of the time on here, but I'd bet my Halo Wars 2 copy that 99% of it (criticism and feedback) come from people that love the community and just want to see it great again. There are a lot of self inflicted decisions by the HCS staff that hinder the entire league, it's been an on-going issue for sometime now. A lot of it inexcusable at times.

If you think this you're literally not reading the posts here and you're pushing a personal agenda. 

Look at you filthy power users. So negative all the time.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mentioned how there was little twitter support form halo and none from Xbox. Just realised that ESL doesn't seem to care either. There is a ESL Halo account but not even a retweet from the ESL account. It retweeted a bunch of posts from ESL CS yesterday and retweeted other ESL ___ (insert game here) but nothing for halo. Similar follower difference between HCS and Halo twitter

It isnt an ESL event, why would they care. It is on the developer to support the overall community, ESL is here for their events only.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I dont really think Esl is the problem at all. Its purely on ppl behind Hcs, their abilities and decisions to run with lower tier organisations. Even the fact that Ugc has been able to run great event without 343 support and servers, then things went suddenly down the hill, when 343 was involved, says a lot.

Like a mentioned before. If you are able to hire Menke to take care of ranks and matchmaking, why you cant hire competent people to take over Hcs management and tournament production.

I understand there is a budget, that holds you from having the world's at Madison square garden and bringing in those 7.9 millions Halo esports enthusiasts, but Hcs is constantly suffering from issues of very amateurish character.

I am honestly surprised that Microsoft/Xbox is even allowing this incompetency. Properly utilizing things like twitter, facebook and websites is very basic, jet very important thing. If you cant get this right, no doubt you will fail at many other things.

Do you remember that Halo Channel app for windows and xbox ? They haven't updated it for months. Its dead. Like Halo Waypoint app before. Or do you remember that super awfully slow Halo 4 stats web ? Man, they dumped so much money in those useless shiny apps i am sure, jet they can't properly run a twitter account.

Can someone for the love of god PLEASE make a gif of Desiigner flailing in the Panda video with Naded's face from the triggered gif crudely pasted over it. I don't feel like I'm asking for a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My bad. Forgot they had no involvement. But still, it is qualification for worlds which they run. But I forgot they weren't involved. ESLHalo tricked me

Also am I the only one who would love some geek out content? I know some people mentioned it before in passing. But I really feel like part of those 15 minute breaks could be partly filled by John Madden-esque type break downs of crucial moments and plays from prior matches coupled with team tendencies in certain game types and situations. I know they tried this in the past with that weird touch screen with T2 and Walshy, but it wasn't very polished and had very little preparation. I really feel like if we had a Tiberius type character doing this it would be awesome.

It wouldn't even have to be anything too crazy. For example, I was playing arena with a guy I run with often and we were watching Splyce play on Saturday. It was truth slayer and Shotzzy was top pink and damaged a guy. I think it was Falcated and Bubu both flew in from red and top mid to finish the kill making it 3-4 down for the other team. Like clock work Falcated/Bubu stayed top pink while the other rotated top mid and Shotzzy keep his retreat back into red base to block the spawn. This left shooter, bubu and falcated  top pink/car/mid with Shotzzy blocking red spawn, forcing everyone to spawn blue base with no where to go. A break down like this with the clips from the game plus showing the outcome of the next play would be amazing IMO. 

I'd imagine the analysts could even further break down more complicated plays, as I'm mediocre at this game and recognizing these kinds of things.

• Upvote (+1) 9

My bad. Forgot they had no involvement. But still, it is qualification for worlds which they run. But I forgot they weren't involved. ESLHalo tricked me

The TO's generally arent on the same page. The "Grow Halo eSports" over-arching goal has been lost in translation between personal agendas and utilizing 50000 TO's. Not blaming the TO's either, I wouldnt worry about other events / operations if I were them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

so it time for the 10 team pro league yet?

i feel like we are ready for 10 slots

Id rather an open circuit. I feel that recent turn out has shown there is a desire for land events

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm 99% sure it depends on them sending the info from the event.

Delayed post but...

They couldn't keep the bracket updated do you really think they kept track of the stats from the event?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is bait

hey man i'm just a power user trying to be less negative  :stressed:

Id rather an open circuit. I feel that recent turn out has shown there is a desire for land events

In my opinion, I dont want a pro league at all. Separating the pros and AM scene hurt the AMs so much. With the more recent open events we've seen the AM scene get drastically better which has made for even better competition.

Open Events giving points to teams >

(without giving pro teams 16k points for no reason)

agreed 10000%

• Upvote (+1) 3