CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't see EG dropping out of the Halo scene after Worlds, but I could see them dropping out after the next Pro League (doesn't EG have a guaranteed spot?)

EG could still leave the scene. The league spot is for the players (Roybox) and has nothing to do with the org. But who know's since ESL just makes up the rules as they go along

I don't really want to be the one to say it, as i appreciate his content and community interaction, but does anyone else feel like Towey might be the problem for EG? Part of me thinks he gives way too much input on strategy and playcalling when I believe that he should just be letting the players play and only timing things.

I feel like nobody really has ever taken the "Coach" role super seriously in Halo, from a player POV. I know there are coaches and analysts out there who do put in the effort, but I dont think many pro teams have really seemed to care. Do these guys have weekly meetings with coaches and analysts to run over what they should be doing, etc.? Are they taking every shred of coach and analyst feedback to heart? Who knows.

It kind of seems like the teams that hire 2-3 "analysts", etc. always seem to under perform // dont win events? Maybe I am wrong.

Wasnt it Penguin and Rayne who were on that really impressive Elevate squad way back?

Yep. Str8 Sick and Calm were the other two I believe.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yep. Str8 Sick and Calm were the other two I believe.

Swift instead of Str8 Sick. Str8 Sick was part of the elevate squad before with Goofy. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Such as?

No idea. OGRE2 said on his stream that they asked people before him and they said no.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

am i the only one who thought the video quality of the stream was bad?

i thought it looked like a blurry mess on source 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It was awful quality, below 720p

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought the player cams were blurry, but didn't really notice the gameplay being blurry

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hmmmm maybe, but I rather use a controller I have broken in then a foreign one that I've never used. Being able to aim and hit important shot and having crouch work 50% of the time > not being able to hit important shots but being able to crouch. It wasn't a huge problem for him, but I'm impressed at how level headed he was even though it screwed him a few times

Can you broseph's stream some scrims once and a while so I can watch you guys crush it?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah but I've been having internet issues lately so I didn't think much of it.

Still unsure if my headsets wiring is giving out or if it was the stream making the odd sounds randomly though lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

> Commonly was emailed that our match vs Splyce was at Noon.

> Hoax and I arrive at venue at 9:45am to check things out, get told our match is at 10:30am.

> Team rushes to venue without eating, arrives 10min before match.

> Gets 4min of warmup before match vs Splyce.

This is how we were stationed. With Luminosity playing their match vs Lethal right at our backs. Hoax and FiS literally back to back with no room at all.

ZhGeZvu.jpg

For our match vs Splyce. FeelsGoodMan

That is really unfortunate, but if you had a message from Millenial that the match was at noon then you should not have accommodated the sudden change in schedule. Especially because it was IN WRITING. They would never have DQed you if you just showed up at noon. Preparation is vital, especially when going up against a team like Splyce.

This is all assuming that there is no clause in the terms & conditions when signing up that they have the liberty to change match times...

That would not surprise me.

FeelsBadMan

• Upvote (+1) 1

That is really unfortunate, but if you had a message from Millenial that the match was at noon then you should not have accommodated the sudden change in schedule. Especially because it was IN WRITING. They would never have DQed you if you just showed up at noon. Preparation is vital, especially when going up against a team like Splyce.

This is all assuming that there is no clause in the terms & conditions when signing up that they have the liberty to change match times...

That would not surprise me.

FeelsBadMan

I've had it twice at AGL (separate events) that we had in writing when our match was. We show up at 2:00 PM for our match at 5:00 PM, and are told our match was at noon and we forfeited it. Then Status Quo shows up Saturday and they allow them to bypass half the bracket and just jump into the tournament anyway. TO's can really do whatever they want.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sitting in the airport bored out of my mind

Nice meeting you this weekend. Next Vegas event I want my runback from the staff FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would be ok with skipping future Millenial tourneys. Not sure a 3rd chance would realistically be granted after hearing more issues after the event.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

>be life long halo fan

>watch the matches Sunday and enjoy all the new teams having success even though NV lost

>so happy for Naded

>come to TB and read the same 8 power users complain about low veiwership, lack of advertisements and sponsors, terrible event arrangements, and how Halo is basically dead

>realize I've been trying my controller cord into a noose

>retreat to /r/halo and continue to live in positive ignorance

^troll, bait, etc

you missed the posts where people said they witnessed some of the best halo gameplay they've ever seen

the players held up their end of the bargain

• Upvote (+1) 6

>be life long halo fan

>watch the matches Sunday and enjoy all the new teams having success even though NV lost

>so happy for Naded

>come to TB and read the same 8 power users complain about low veiwership, lack of advertisements and sponsors, terrible event arrangements, and how Halo is basically dead

>realize I've been trying my controller cord into a noose

>retreat to /r/halo and continue to live in positive ignorance

I know. We should just accept the below par scheduling and just accept that we will always miss top teams playing. And i think after seeing my 100th halo wars 2 ad i know it by heart. This weekend i learned that it comes out feb 21 but if i preorder, i can play it 4 days early!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would be ok with skipping future Millenial tourneys. Not sure a 3rd chance would realistically be granted after hearing more issues after the event.

It's weird, they got so bad so quick. IIRC PGL Indianapolis was one of the better H2A events.