CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You would think a controller that works would be a better option either way...

Hmmmm maybe, but I rather use a controller I have broken in then a foreign one that I've never used. Being able to aim and hit important shot and having crouch work 50% of the time > not being able to hit important shots but being able to crouch. It wasn't a huge problem for him, but I'm impressed at how level headed he was even though it screwed him a few times
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Could someone link me the clip of OpTic calling in their airstrike? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's fucking insane that Evil Geniuses, Splyce, AND Team Allegiance are all in the LCQ. What a fucking bloodbath.

Cryptik too, they can make some noise

• Upvote (+1) 1

Will you make me one? And how much do you want

I made it out of parts we have at the house and an old model controller, so to actually make one brand new and not out of old broken controllers would be really expensive xD

I don't really want to be the one to say it, as i appreciate his content and community interaction, but does anyone else feel like Towey might be the problem for EG? Part of me thinks he gives way too much input on strategy and playcalling when I believe that he should just be letting the players play and only timing things.

Agreed. Let Ogre 2 make play calls. The issue is due to H5's speed, Towey ends up crowding up comms a lot.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't really want to be the one to say it, as i appreciate his content and community interaction, but does anyone else feel like Towey might be the problem for EG? Part of me thinks he gives way too much input on strategy and playcalling when I believe that he should just be letting the players play and only timing things.

I think more of the issue is that they are all friends and they got this roster by choosing friendship over skill and other players. The OGRE2 pickup kinda solidified what was in the back of my head at least. If he's working for EG, he has to put the team first at the end of the day. While communication could be part, the roster continues to be the biggest issue overall imo.

cue EG roster line meme since lethul left.

You know, for playing with a controller that won't let him crouch or thrust slide half the time, Rayne played damn good. Playing with a broken controller all event is insane, but respect for pushing through, had he bought a spare and let me make him a clone controller like I told him he wouldn't have been in that mess, but it's okay xD

Sounds irresponsible.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Agreed. Let Ogre 2 make play calls. The issue is due to H5's speed, Towey ends up crowding up comms a lot.

Some of towey's suggestions are heinous to me. This EG team can't get angles and everyone is bunched up all the time. Going down like a domino effect and/or not capitalizing on kills. Towey suggests "EVERYONE" push here and there. I just think his view is a little skewed. Let the players make decisions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think more of the issue is that they are all friends and they got this roster by choosing friendship over skill and other players. The OGRE2 pickup kinda solidified what was in the back of my head at least. If he's working for EG, he has to put the team first at the end of the day. While communication could be part, the roster continues to be the biggest issue overall imo.

cue EG roster line meme since lethul left.

They asked other players and got rejected before asking OGRE 2. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hmmmm maybe, but I rather use a controller I have broken in then a foreign one that I've never used. Being able to aim and hit important shot and having crouch work 50% of the time > not being able to hit important shots but being able to crouch. It wasn't a huge problem for him, but I'm impressed at how level headed he was even though it screwed him a few times

Just get that shit sorted for worlds, we want a closer final! 

kek

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wasnt it Penguin and Rayne who were on that really impressive Elevate squad way back?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't see EG dropping out of the Halo scene after Worlds, but I could see them dropping out after the next Pro League (doesn't EG have a guaranteed spot?)

I've been thinking this for a while, he seems to of been in "conflict" with a few players on EG in the past year. It also really can't be easy for anyone coming into that team to have a voice; as they are a close-knit group of 3. Who knows what kind of plays were being called and by whom, but I've heard him say plenty of times for them to "slow it down." That never really works out too well in this game, and maybe that's why EG chokes away so many leads.

yeah they've won 2 events fall finals and the fall season , and the only team who has beaten optic at an event I think they will be ok ;)

They haven't won a event since they took fuel rod off of truth is the word on the forums...

tbh i hope EG drops 2gre and picks up a player who can do better than a .5 k/d

halo is better when EG is good

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

They haven't won a event since they took fuel rod off of truth is the word on the forums...

No vetoes

No win

• Upvote (+1) 2