CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@@PROVERB @@Timo @@Tashi I hope the various TO's who run Halo events are going to start realizing that secondary streams are a necessity.

We need a B stream. Look at CoD MLG events last year. The B and C streams literally doubled viewership and allowed everyone to see their favourite matches in FULL. Not a little part of the match when the main stream switches to a featured station.

This 100% having secondary streams is really basic shit that we should have had ages ago all the other esports have realized that secondary streams are nessecary.

It's mind blowing to me that people are actually against having secondary streams like instead of seeing only one or two matches from a side station we could see the ENTIRE SERIES like what are the downsides here the viewers get more Halo action and more choice on what they want to watch and all they need is a desk with two casters.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What roster can you think of that could possibly dethrone Optic after Worlds? For me it would be Huke, Penguin, Eco and Snipedown.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What roster can you think of that could possibly dethrone Optic after Worlds? For me it would be Huke, Penguin, Eco and Snipedown.

After worlds ........

hmmm a little presumptuous.

You would think that we would have learned by now that NONE can.  I don't care what happened in an online league so summer pro league is meaningless, and then nV beating OG in two BO7's was a 1 in a 100 occurrence (ie a FLUKE).  Anyway I'd take Huke, Penguin, Eco, and Stellur.  That team might be able to take a couple maps off of OG on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You would think that we would have learned by now that NONE can. I don't care what happened in an online league so summer pro league is meaningless, and then nV beating OG in two BO7's was a 1 in a 100 occurrence (ie a FLUKE). Anyway I'd take Huke, Penguin, Eco, and Stellur. That team might be able to take a couple maps off of OG on LAN.

Yeah OG isn't losing on LAN anytime soon, the only way they lose the top is if they lose interest on the game. Like FB 06 Saiyan.

Liquid's current roster are more than capable of flipping with Optic for the world's title, but only if they can improve consistency.

Every time Optic turned the pressure on Liquid, Liquid would just freak out and lose control for most of the game allowing Optic to get a huge lead that was too hard to come back from. Whereas every time Liquid put the pressure on Optic, Snakebite would just do his "slow it down" "let's chill bros" and they took control back much more quickly without running round the map like headless chickens for ages. Same goes for Envy and lots of other teams. Could definitely see some big upsets are Worlds if the next 5 teams get their shit together. 

tl;dr Mental game is everything. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Nope you're all wrong. Your son is unhinged and so are his emotional friends. If your parenting skills were a halo team you wouldn't make it out of the am bracket. NV to get last place at worlds.

- @@Cooper

:kappa:

Dont say his name in vain
  • Upvote (+1) 4

You know, for playing with a controller that won't let him crouch or thrust slide half the time, Rayne played damn good. Playing with a broken controller all event is insane, but respect for pushing through, had he bought a spare and let me make him a clone controller like I told him he wouldn't have been in that mess, but it's okay xD

There was noone in the venue that would have given up their controller to him???

There was noone in the venue that would have given up their controller to him???

His controller is one of a kind, its a fusion of an elite and the old model controller and a scuf, so nobody else's controller would have been acceptable haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

His controller is one of a kind, its a fusion of an elite and the old model controller and a scuf, so nobody else's controller would have been acceptable haha

Did he weld this monster together lol? Never heard of anything like that before.

I'm assuming he literally made that controller then haha

Did he weld this monster together lol? Never heard of anything like that before.

I made it for him, I play with a scuf mixed with the old model controller but I always bring two to the event now

• Upvote (+1) 1

I made it for him, I play with a scuf mixed with the old model controller but I always bring two to the event now

Could we get a picture of it? Sounds interesting. Thanks for carrying my fantasy team at this event btw. Solid gameplay from you guys.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Favorite moment of the tourney

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrainyCalmRadishKappaPride

One of the best stronghold game the scene has seen so far. The crowd was great

Were we watching the same event? Contra was the best player on the squad? Lunchbox and 2gre both outperformed him imo.

Contra had his worst event by far. Can't believe what he was doing on plaza.

Lunch and 2gre far and away were the best. Lunch has been their best player for awhile now.

Start making it now

screen-shot-2010-06-16-at-12-33-42-am.pn

• Upvote (+1) 4

....pic

I disagree immensely. I won't mention names but If you follow NV, you and everyone knows who the weakest player on that team is.....I believe a nice squad could be created out of a Snipedown, pistola, huke, and a MATURE danoxide. Id love to see that in the future..lol

While I can agree that Mikwen's attitude online is/has been poor I think if we just look at the tournaments he has done everything you could ask for in a teammate. I did not get impression at the Lan's that he had a bad attitude and every listen in i've heard he is calling out teammates and sounds positive. To me nV is suffering because of their playstyle, they are too slow against a team like Liquid.

You would think that we would have learned by now that NONE can. I don't care what happened in an online league so summer pro league is meaningless, and then nV beating OG in two BO7's was a 1 in a 100 occurrence (ie a FLUKE). Anyway I'd take Huke, Penguin, Eco, and Stellur. That team might be able to take a couple maps off of OG on LAN.

I think replacing Rayne with Huke would be a definite setback for Liquid. Not that Rayne is better or anything but in terms of chemistry and callouts, Rayne fits the team so much better than Huke ever would. Part of the consistency of Liquid is due to Rayne and his level headedness. When Penguin talked about the Empire SH vs nV and mentioned they took time to reset and focus, I'm pretty sure that Rayne was spearheading that. When they scrim he's always doing that kind of stuff and to replace that would be a mistake. He's sort of Liquids Snakebite if you will

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Will you make me one? And how much do you want

You would think a controller that works would be a better option either way...

I think replacing Rayne with Huke would be a definite setback for Liquid. Not that Rayne is better or anything but in terms of chemistry and callouts, Rayne fits the team so much better than Huke ever would. Part of the consistency of Liquid is due to Rayne and his level headedness. When Penguin talked about the Empire SH vs nV and mentioned they took time to reset and focus, I'm pretty sure that Rayne was spearheading that. When they scrim he's always doing that kind of stuff and to replace that would be a mistake. He's sort of Liquids Snakebite if you will

ya nothing against Huke as a player, but he doesnt replace what Rayne brings to the table on liquid.  Everytime ive heard their comms hes a major communicator to everyone on the map

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't really want to be the one to say it, as i appreciate his content and community interaction, but does anyone else feel like Towey might be the problem for EG? Part of me thinks he gives way too much input on strategy and playcalling when I believe that he should just be letting the players play and only timing things.

• Upvote (+1) 9