CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Honestly, I think UGC viewership was so strong because they were handing out codes like candy- which to the untrained eye seems like desperate bribery, but 100 percent logical. Not sure why they'd get away from that, especially since they have finally started securing 3rd party sponsors again (ghost in the shell).

The production and scheduling issues have gone on way too long. I eventually tuned out in Sunday evening because many of the matches I wanted to see weren't on the main stage. They eventually started going to feature stations, so one has to wonder why they couldn't do it all along.

We need a B-stream and Intermissions continue to be brutal. Here's an novel idea for the mainstream intermissions: what if we replaced the HW2 ads with live bracket updates, schedule updates, and cuts to the b-stream?

Also need espn-style ticker to fill folks in while we are at the analysts desk.

Marketing continues to be [email protected] should be tweeting out clips and links to the stream all weekend long.

What matches on Sunday? In think 2 matches weren't streamed. Intermissions weren't bad around 5-6 minutes minus 1 time. Few mistakes overall.  Also the GFX they used when matches began that gave Ranks was cool. As for viewership, the peak at UGC was the optic envy winners finals and alot of viewers stuck around after that. . The Grand finals had lower viewership around 24k if i remember correctly. 

What matches on Sunday? Intermissions weren't bad around 5-6 minutes minus 1 time. Few mistakes overall. Also the GFX they used when matches began that gave Ranks was cool.

I don't remember which matches specifically ATM but once key matches started going on periscope I just turned it off. So they might gotten more stuff on stream by then end, but I missed it, because I was annoyed into submission.

I did tune back in once, on mobile, and saw they had a side station on stream, but I had already made other plans.

There is nothing wrong with showing passion for your job. It's what keeps them going. Being robotic shouldn't be a requirement to being great. Not to mention, Ola broke his hand from being too emotional following a loss a couple years ago.

Also, at what point did Penguin become an absolute lord of halo? He has been consistently good throughout H5, but this season he doesn't miss. Definitely the main reason for Liquid placing second back to back events.

ok i'll be the one to say it;

so when cratos(oh god why am i sticking up for him), ninja, naded ect tilts they constantly get shit for it, but when NV tilts it's ok to be emotional? you do realize Ola got help after that incident (which by your own accord was years ago), and is now right behind huke in terms of keeping his composure? even when he's not doing so hot, he's not reverting to the ola of old and keeps communicating.

showing passion and being emotional are two different things. the former is dependent solely on one's actions aka how much effort put into achieving a goal. the latter shows a lack of composure.

Isn't penguin the guy who hates CE and like h5's autos?

Yuck

I'm also a huge troll but nobody gets it. Don't @

His response to a complaint that he "hates" CE.  ^^

he's no dummy

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't remember which matches specifically ATM but once key matches started going on periscope I just turned it off. So they might gotten more stuff on stream by then end, but I missed it, because I was annoyed into submission.

I did tune back in once, on mobile, and saw they had a side station on stream, but I had already made other plans.

I'm not sure, but i think the Str8 vs Panda series on side station was streamed for the most part. The LG vs Envy started at the same time as the Optic Liquid.. B stream would of defiantly been needed there.They did catch the end of match. Rest of matches were mainstage. B streams should be used first two days. And then as needed.

His response to a complaint that he "hates" CE. ^^

he's no dummy

I hate him and everything he stands for!

• Upvote (+1) 1

No team that gets taken to the brink by lg is hukes best option.

I don't know about that. We could look at a lot of one-off series and make a sweeping statement.

No team that gets beaten by 7th place EG is Royal 2's best option....

I do think nV breaks up when possible. Is there a roster period before Worlds? Although I think there's probably a better combination of players out there, I don't think Huke is the only nV player that would be on the team to "dethrone" Optic.

Personally, I think a team of Penguin/Rayne/Ola/Huke would be pretty sick, although it's pointless to speculate with Liquid performing so well.

It's fucking insane that Evil Geniuses, Splyce, AND Team Allegiance are all in the LCQ. What a fucking bloodbath.

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's fucking insane that Evil Geniuses, Splyce, AND Team Allegiance are all in the LCQ. What a fucking bloodbath.

The true blood bath will be between towey and roybox when they don't qualify.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'd love to see some frame data on that EG game. They got a kill to tie it up at :00 left in the game, then the word Defeat popped up on the screen before the next kill in the kill feed.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm not sure, but i think the Str8 vs Panda series on side station was streamed for the most part. The LG vs Envy started at the same time as the Optic Liquid.. B stream would of defiantly been needed there.They did catch the end of match. Rest of matches were mainstage. B streams should be used first two days. And then as needed.

Yeah and that's just Sunday. I think it's the str8 v panda game that pushed me over the edge, I was already frustrated by missing EG and NV matches earlier in the tourney.

By the time I realized that they started showing feature stations I had already committed to other plans.

IMO They need to have a B-stream going constantly for most of the tournament. If there isn't a match to show, then it should be updating brackets and schedules.

I'd love to see some frame data on that EG game. They got a kill to tie it up at :00 left in the game, then the word Defeat popped up on the screen before the next kill in the kill feed.

Doesn't matter.  everybody plays with the same clock.  What they need to do is tighten up the margin of error window and rewards trades.  Its seems like there are a lot more traded melee's and kills with hitscan weapons than there should be.  

Aside, remember when Halo 3 implemented trades for melees and everybody lost their fucking minds?

Actually the moment 0 came up orge 2 hadnt gotten the kill yet

IMO They need to have a B-stream going constantly for most of the tournament. If there isn't a match to show, then it should be updating brackets and schedules.

Yes, a B-stream is a must.  Even if there is no talent on stream and it just cycles through PoVs automatically every 90 seconds or so that would be find with me. or do a side stream omniview. At least i could watch the games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Isn't penguin the guy who hates CE and like h5's autos?

Yuck

YEAH Puck Fenguin!!!!

I also heard he's a really good, down-to-earth guy who is a great teammate and an outstanding Halo player, so I take that back.

The true blood bath will be between towey and roybox when they don't qualify.

The silent killer you gotta look out for is 2gre in the corner muttering "I came back for this shit..."

Doesn't matter.  everybody plays with the same clock.  What they need to do is tighten up the margin of error window and rewards trades.  Its seems like there are a lot more traded melee's and kills with hitscan weapons than there should be.  

Aside, remember when Halo 3 implemented trades for melees and everybody lost their fucking minds?

Why does everyone being on the clock make what I asked for not matter? I'm not talking about trades at all either.

Ogre 2 got a kill on someone, then someone else killed Contra. I'm just wondering how much time was left for that actual situation to be possible because it was extremely extremely close to being a tied game and not a loss.

Actually the moment 0 came up orge 2 hadnt gotten the kill yet

I'll have to re-watch but I thought it was engaging at :01 and got the kill at :00.

And Cryptik and 3sup...

Anyway, can't wait to see how will they seed teams into the pro league lmao.

Yeah and that's just Sunday. I think it's the str8 v panda game that pushed me over the edge, I was already frustrated by missing EG and NV matches earlier in the tourney.

By the time I realized that they started showing feature stations I had already committed to other plans.

To add to that, the official luminosity twitter tweeted at hcs with a why isnt our game on stream before they switched to the last half of game 7 lg v nv. That is bad by any standard

EG will lose the LCQ and I'm guessing the org will drop Halo.  I'd say it's very likely that Roybox will retire but who knows.    

• Upvote (+1) 2