CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

RoyBox, APG and ACE - Will they play under STR8 or EG? Or will both orgs leave and some other org picks them up?

However, I really do want to see a the team of RoyBox + BubuShooter

Beat OG in map count......

Never play together ever again

Gotta love these players thinking 

Egos are a huge factor.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Str8 Rippin as Ace, APG, Roy and Lunchbox would be a terrific squad. Not sure if they'd go as Str8 Rippin or EG though...Would be a real shame if Str8 Rippin ended as quickly as it began. I have a hard time believing there isn't some sort of contract stipulation or the like that would prevent them from leaving Str8 that quickly.

Maybe there would be some kind of EG - Str8 merger that would pave the way for some of the other iconic names of the past to return like Carbon / Final Boss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sigh. Too bad about Liquid. I thought they were going places if they would've stuck together.

I really hope some anonymous source tell us what happened between them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like there could be a personality clash on the EG/Str8 team, despite me loving all of those players. Also I really want Str8 to remain as an org  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sigh. Too bad about Liquid. I thought they were going places if they would've stuck together.

https://twitter.com/Spartan/status/810964733578903552

They were heading straight to the bottom of the podium, which is a nice consolation prize but no competitor plays for 3rd. It's clear Spartan is a great player but being a great player isn't enough if you have flaws elsewhere. Name 1 player on NV or Optic who is an emotional/tilt player. Snipedown could be argued in the past, but this past tournament shows that he has a lot of resolve. If you're going to beat Optic or nV reliably, you have to be able to play to your full potential every day, every game. Sure, you'll have bad games (Snipedown dropped a breadstick lul) but you need to be able to play at the top of your game at least 90% of the time. This is why we see great players who can absolutely be beasts at any given moment but they never win the tournaments. How many event win's does Ninja have? 2 in H4. Naded? 0. Spartan (although he's new I'll give him that)? The list goes on with players like these. Consistency is key.

Really like this new St8 Geniuses squad on Paper, but I wish RoyBox had better prospects. Much like Contra/Dev though, it's easy to see why players don't wanna team with those that have a hard time committing to playing online often.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like there could be a personality clash on the EG/Str8 team, despite me loving all of those players. Also I really want Str8 to remain as an org  :mj:

I don't think that will be a problem since they teamed with Ninja and I didn't see any personality crash, the twins are just professionals.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i really think at this point all combos we've seen are just testing the waters. i'm sure we'll see more true team formation once settings are finalized. until then i really think these teams are just throwing combos to the wall to see what sticks

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good luck finding a fourth!  I really hope we get a good team turnout for that Event.

Thanks man! Yeah, we need it and it'd be great to have.

I'm swedish, who is your swedish teammate? :)

Cool. His name is ZerkzXL. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roybox aren't leaving eg. No o one is leaving eg to go by str8. Get that thought of your minds

Beat OG in map count......

Never play together ever again

Gotta love these players thinking

It was no radar on new settings but more importantly that team wouldn't have a pro league spot. (I'd imagine cratos and suspector would stay together out of spite to block them from getting the e6 spot)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Roy, Box, Ace, and APG would not succeed. Not nearly enough firepower or H5 nerdiness between them. They'd be fun to root for though.

Define success, because I can see that team in the top four depending on other rosters. Nothing guaranteed obviously but I don't think that team would have to fight out of relegation. 

If success is winning though then I agree don't think that roster can win a pro league season. 

This post messed with my head... PLEASE COME BACK TOM AND DAN. @@OGRE2

-Ghost

2008 final boss v carbon? That would be a hell of an exhibition match to open 2017
  • Upvote (+1) 2

They were heading straight to the bottom of the podium, which is a nice consolation prize but no competitor plays for 3rd. It's clear Spartan is a great player but being a great player isn't enough if you have flaws elsewhere. Name 1 player on NV or Optic who is an emotional/tilt player. Snipedown could be argued in the past, but this past tournament shows that he has a lot of resolve.

But Liquid reverse sweeping Str8 in a bo7 with Spartan repeatedly telling his teammates (according to him), "One game at a time," and going on a killing frenzy in game 7 doesn't show a lot of resolve?

• Upvote (+1) 3

DreamHack Denver is probably the best for me. #Wyoming

I plan on going to St. Louis. Closest I'll get to a Halo event other than Dreamhack Denver. #Nebraska.

DreamHack Denver is the best for me. #Denver :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's a difference between backstabbing and making a good business decision in Halo.

Too often everyone assumes the first 

• Upvote (+1) 2