CyReN

Halo World Championship 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I love all the hype today! I also want to say how important it is that they keep fixing the game. The multiplayer experience has improved so much just by adding social and custom game browser. Literally such a blast to play. But all of the new events and hype means nothing if we don't keep getting players to come back to the game. The upcoming game tweaks will be make or break  2017 In my opinion. Hoping for the best. Props to dreamhack for hoping on board. Also happy UMG stuck around for another event, loved their last one. Im just happy with all the positivety Im seeing on here today. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Have to disagree here. Suspector has widely underperfomred since HWC. Seemed like he has been pretty stagnant the last few seasons. Not really hurting his team but not going off too much either. Shooter also may be one of the smartest minds in the game, but in my opinion doesnt have toe slaying power or movement to keep up. Think about players like snipedown and snakebite, they have both. Bubu is one of the best players in the game and if he's doesnt get on a top 3 team next season I would be shocked. He just needs to make the right moves. Stellur in the same boat. 

http://halo5arena.com/proleague/na

I'll let the stats speak for itself. Shooter put up better stats than Snakebite & Snipedown last season and although it doesn't necessarily make him better than them, i still believe that Ryan's versatile play style allows his team to make big plays. I'll even go as far as calling Shooter a better version of Victory X (as far as Halo 5 is concerned). 

Dreamhack is pretty legit.  People watch dreamhack just because its dreamhack.  Its a show, not just a single tourney.  This could be great exposure for Halo to audiences that might not otherwise see it.

The more i think about it the more excited I am about UGC + Dreamhack's involvement.

Give me an MLG ran HWC and a couple MLG ran mid-season opens (that count for pro league points).

Seriously the possibilities for a 2017 explosion are so real right now.

I love halo.

• Upvote (+1) 9

could see bubu to EG because EG has a team house that bubu and stellur can live and play at. 

that would probably put ninja on lg with danoxide and naded or on allegence with contra and dev.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Couple questions:

1. I missed the MLG announcement. Where did anyone say they're getting involved?

2. What is Dreamhack and why is it so special? Is it like an event/eventcenter/organization all under one name? So, there will be other events going on inside of Dreamhack at the same time? and maybe related, why are the tickets so damn expensive?

I dont know about you guys but I'm 100% hyped that the finals are 8 teams. 

#finally

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'll let the stats speak for itself. Shooter put up better stats than Snakebite & Snipedown last season and although it doesn't necessarily make him better than them, i still believe that Ryan's versatile play style allows his team to make big plays. I'll even go as far as calling Shooter a better version of Victory X (as far as Halo 5 is concerned). 

Fair enough man, maybe im a little off here. I am just going off the eye test, not really stats. Everytime Ive watched him stream and his POV in games I have not seen a top 3 player. Certainly a great player but not top 3. In most sports, stats dont really speak for who is the best team/player. Same argument is had in college football alot. Do you go off record and stats or what you see on the field? He could prove me wrong though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He is a great player, but i would keep in mind that generally the better the whole team is around you, the more your individual stats actually "revert to the mean".

• Upvote (+1) 1

So am I the only one who thinks that the next pro league season finals should have a larger prize pool due to having to all 8 teams now?

I think going from 150k to 180-200k would be significant enough.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So am I the only one who thinks that the next pro league season finals should have a larger prize pool due to having to all 8 teams now?

I think going from 150k to 180-200k would be significant enough.

There's crowdfunding. It'll grow.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Eg bubu please. Kelby cut the check

I'd rather see Stellur unshackled from the lacklusterness that has been RoyBox.

What are you talking about? Roybox easily played the best at Vegas
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Would personally like to see Ogre 2 join EG and back with the brothers. I don't think it's too far fetched of an idea either.

I had the same idea. Why not bring back the god squad? It's not like they can place any worse. (I say this as a sad EG fan, bitter that Snipedown left for greatness and left us behind)

Couple questions:

1. I missed the MLG announcement. Where did anyone say they're getting involved?

2. What is Dreamhack and why is it so special? Is it like an event/eventcenter/organization all under one name? So, there will be other events going on inside of Dreamhack at the same time? and maybe related, why are the tickets so damn expensive?

Check our their youtube https://www.youtube.com/dreamhack

Couple questions:

1. MLG isn't confirmed as involved in anything. If there is something it will likely be after Worlds.
  2. Dreamhack is another big events organizer, probably comparable as the EU MLG as they do massive scale open events on top of super well produced elite team only events:

How is it that after like 10 hours I can only give out 4 upvotes? THIS NEW THREAD DESERVES SO MUCH MORE

TB is a scam  :kappa:

Pre-ordering H6 gives more +rep.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is there a highlights/top plays video from this weekend somewhere? I'd like to show it to people ask what I spent my weekend doing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see a lot of this fuel rod talk. Yes it's annoying, but we've seen it in most Halos.

OpTic are a phenomenal team, but nV beat them in two best of 7's. Please try and not let this undermine what was an incredible victory.

@@Mikwen I was so wrong about you and I'm glad you guys won. Sorry.

The double reload has been scrutinized a lot less than other glitches. Probably due to fact that it doesn't excuse losing two series.

Honestly, there were so many times i thought nv was done. when they went down 0-2 on Coliseum flag, before they came back on plaza SH stick out the most to me. Not only did they show resilience, but they had an uncanny ability to rebound DURING maps.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I see a lot of this fuel rod talk. Yes it's annoying, but we've seen it in most Halos.

OpTic are a phenomenal team, but nV beat them in two best of 7's. Please try and not let this undermine what was an incredible victory. 

@@Mikwen I was so wrong about you and I'm glad you guys won. Sorry.

What other Halo had fuel rod in competitive game types? I just don't think fuel rod with it's current amount of ammo has any place on Truth. And that's not me trying to undermine NV's win, because I don't think that's the reason they won. I just want the best competitive settings for what looks to be the best year for Halo in a long time. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The double reload has been scrutinized a lot less than other glitches. Probably due to fact that it doesn't excuse losing two series.

Honestly, there were so many times i thought nv was done. when they went down 0-2 on Coliseum flag, before they came back on plaza SH stick out the most to me. Not only did they show resilience, but they had an uncanny ability to rebound DURING maps.

It's even more amazing considering they lost 4-1 in their first encounter. Everyone on both teams is such an incredible player, it truly is like watching FB V Carbon. 

Both teams have such good comms and mentality they can adjust mid-game never mind mid-series. I love Halo when it's being played at such an insanely high level. Such a privilege. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What other Halo had fuel rod in competitive game types? I just don't think fuel rod with it's current amount of ammo has any place on Truth. And that's not me trying to undermine NV's win, because I don't think that's the reason they won. I just want the best competitive settings for what looks to be the best year for Halo in a long time. 

I have a feeling that with the settings refresh that fuel rod is going to be no more.  Thank god.

• Upvote (+1) 3