Sign in to follow this  
CaptainCowboy

The only way to save Halo is bringing in someone besides 343

Not sure if you noticed but this is TeamBeyond not some Quake fan site. Halo is not a "classic arena shooter". Halo is Halo. People hated DOOM because it played like Halo (albeit with loadouts and random powerups as I pointed out).

Like I said, nor do I think a whole sale dev change is the answer. Halo 6 is already deep in the throes of production at this point. But I think a spinoff multiplayer only game would definitely be in Certain Affinity's wheelhouse.

How was H2A trash? Forget all the failures of 343 in regards to the online experience, the gameplay of H2A is the closest thing we have had to the Halo formula since Halo 3.

The maps in h2a were trash because of changes made to noobify them. Also, the lighting is terrible and hit markers were in. As such, the gameplay of H2a didnt even play like h2.

H5 is better than H2a. Maybe Thats not saying a lot but it true.

His point was that if CA can't be trusted to keep Doom consistent then why trust them with Halo?

People didn't complain about Doom "playing like Halo", they complained about its 'modernization'.

Honestly, if all you expect from a Halo game is that it plays like Halo, you're setting the bar pretty low.  People mainly criticized H2A for its lack of content and aim assist mechanics.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If h2a had all of h2s maps but stayed exactly the same otherwise, who would prefer h5 over it? I'd definitely sink alot of time into it. It was a super nooby version of the "old halo formula" but it was old halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol pro cs players hate valve, they do whatever they want with the game and consult pros less than 343 does.  all halo needs is to get rid of 90 percent of the bullshit attempts at 'immersion' past h2 and go to pc.

His point was that if CA can't be trusted to keep Doom consistent then why trust them with Halo?

People didn't complain about Doom "playing like Halo", they complained about its 'modernization'.

Honestly, if all you expect from a Halo game is that it plays like Halo, you're setting the bar pretty low. People mainly criticized H2A for its lack of content and aim assist mechanics.

If H2A had more maps and the BR wasnt so damn easy, it would be great. And if the load times were better and they got rid of the gimmicky environmental crap.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If h2a had all of h2s maps but stayed exactly the same otherwise, who would prefer h5 over it? I'd definitely sink alot of time into it. It was a super nooby version of the "old halo formula" but it was old halo.

What is this "old halo formula" you speak of? Because Halo 2 is a large departure from Halo CE.

The idea that Halo title can't implement new mechanics and still be Halo game is hypocritical for anyone who's been a fan since 01. 343 just needs to make the right changes, instead of changing for the sake of changing.

What is this "old halo formula" you speak of? Because Halo 2 is a large departure from Halo CE.

The idea that Halo title can't implement new mechanics and still be Halo game is hypocritical for anyone who's been a fan since 01. 343 just needs to make the right changes, instead of changing for the sake of changing.

No sprint, utility weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 2, imo, was a step down from H1.  All they really needed to do was get rid of the jump delay, improve the spawn system, improve the graphics, and maybe nerf the mini-nuke grenades.

Halo 2 still maintained the guns, grenades and melees model.  No sprint or other gimmicks. 

• Upvote (+1) 1