Sign in to follow this  
helenedwards

Overwatch. Too easy? Too good? or what?

I've played Overwatch once. The last time Blizzard did a free weekend gameplay. It was fun, to me the game feels as a "cartoony call of duty" so my first instinct is to just run & gun and spray till I get comfortable with the controls.
it mostly felt natural! my very first match was against bots so of course I'm going get a lot of kills and feel as if the game is easy.

so then I decide to play online and mid way through the match I realize I have a 15 player kill streak(playing as D.va)...I was like wait WTF, this is still bots...then I realized, nope I'm playing against real people.

within another 3 or 4 matches I switched around and played as tracer(ok), bastion(fun/ok), Mc'cree(fun/difficult), and I thing Hanzo for like 30 secs.

So what im trying to say is. Is this game too damn easy? or am I just kinda good? Or what?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not exactly.

The game does have a very low skill floor(easy to pick up and play), but a very high skill ceiling. Of course there are characters that are easier to use than others.

Now as far as kill streaks are concerned, they're a little bit different. Essentially, if you do damage to somebody, and your teammates finish them off then that counts as an elimination. Notice the term "elimination", not kill. And yes, elimination do count towards your killstreak. I'm convinced that this was done so that players using lower DPS characters could still feel like that they're contributing as far as slaying is concerned.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Now as far as kill streaks are concerned, they're a little bit different. Essentially, if you do damage to somebody, and your teammates finish them off then that counts as an elimination. Notice the term "elimination", not kill. And yes, elimination do count towards your killstreak. I'm convinced that this was done so that players using lower DPS characters could still feel like that they're contributing as far as slaying is concerned.

This is what I like about the game, even if u do complete crap, u still feel a bit better for getting some kills, even if it's only technically assists.

At the end of the day, it's not about KD, it's weather you win or lose. 

And usually you wreck kids when you first start the game (assuming you're a natural good gamer). Then it get's harder and harder when you "level up"....Or you can play the competitive playlist which will place you in the more accurate place.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Like someone already said, eliminations aren't really kills. I love this game. It's the perfect balance of being fun and competitive when you want it to be. That doesn't mean it's perfect. There are a lot of "easy kill" buttons.

Also I am happy with the amount of support Blizzard is giving this game. It's refreshing to see after being a Halo fan for so long.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not exactly.

The game does have a very low skill floor(easy to pick up and play), but a very high skill ceiling. Of course there are characters that are easier to use than others.

i'm no pro, but i don't think the ceiling is that high. it's more of a team game than how good you are individually

awareness is probably the most important thing

It is competitive and fun at the same time, I honestly once heard a person getting yelling at! Easy? Nah..it's just whom are you playing it with and how good are you at it..

Not exactly.

The game also has a matchmaking system that puts new account players with other new players lol

I enjoyed the game (XB1) but I was always playing alone so it was pretty boring.

I am not even close to being skilled enough to try the computer again.

On 11/28/2016 at 6:23 AM, helenedwards said:
I've played Overwatch once and applied https://overboost.pro/overwatch-boosting to assist in boring activites. The last time Blizzard did a free weekend gameplay. It was fun, to me the game feels as a "cartoony call of duty" so my first instinct is to just run & gun and spray till I get comfortable with the controls.

Wow, great to see the fellow Overwatch lovers here! The thing is that I am happy to play it and to find the best ways to increase the audience or anything like that. And it is one more great opportunity!