Sign in to follow this  
DARKzIMPULSE

New Requiem team similar to 08 Str8 Rippin?

Does anybody agree with me? I started thinking about the new Requiem team of Legit, Ninja, Ace and Derskey and couldn't help but think that they resemble the 08 Str8 team of T2, Legit, Elamite, and Snip3down.

Legit = Legit - (obviously)

Tsquared = Derskey - (both play a leadership role, both hype their team up and gives them confidence)

Elamite Warrior = Ace - (first of all their brothers, but both of their play styles are similar being well rounded players)

Snip3down = Ninja - (may be a stretch because ninja can be a little streaky, but he does have his moments of glory.

Snip3down may be more consistant in his shots and plays but its still a match for me)

Anyways, i cant wait to see how this new team does and how long they stick together. If they stick together i see them as a top 2 team... but we'll have to see... Let me know what you think.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope. I can see why you see it(you explained yourself), but that team just doesn't remind me of Str8 Rippin at all. I think Str8 Rippin was a way more talented team at the time and Str8 Rippin has different personalities(yes that makes a difference). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope Ninja =/= Snipedown

Ninja cannot even come close to the way Snipedown could just take over games.

Also Tsquared was considerably better in 08 than Dersky is now. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Nope Ninja =/= Snipedown

Ninja cannot even come close to the way Snipedown could just take over games.

Also Tsquared was considerably better in 08 than Dersky is now. 

Str8 Rippin then, is way better than the team Requiem. Str8 Rippin was the best team in 08. Even with this new team i still expect Classic to out place them. 

They kind of have the same make up as Str8, but they have different personalities for the most part.

I could see them placing very well though. They are playing well in online scrims, and their communication is top notch. They have looked a lot better than anything I have seen out of Classic thus far. 

Only bad scrim they've had was against Infamous, and the majority of the games were down to the wire.

Str8 Rippin then, is way better than the team Requiem. Str8 Rippin was the best team in 08. Even with this new team i still expect Classic to out place them. 

This.

Comparing Ninja to Snip3down is a stretch as well. I see them sitting at 3-4, at least this tourney.

They kind of have the same make up as Str8, but they have different personalities for the most part.

I could see them placing very well though. They are playing well in online scrims, and their communication is top notch. They have looked a lot better than anything I have seen out of Classic thus far. 

Only bad scrim they've had was against Infamous, and the majority of the games were down to the wire.

I unno if this is Mikwen just talking, but he basically suggested that they don't do the best online, but are doing well at tournaments. We'll see how well Requiem plays at this up coming tournament though. 

Ninja has been host a majority of those scrims.

Also they haven't played Ambush yet so we'll see if they can compete with the dragon.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ninja has also been host a majority of those scrims.

Also they haven't played Ambush yet so we'll see if they can compete with the dragon.

He has not been host the last 3 scrims they've played, but online scrims are online scrims. Take them with a grain of salt.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He has not been host the last 3 scrims they've played, but online scrims are online scrims. Take them with a grain of salt.

lmao you just said you could see them placing well because they are playing well in online scrims and then you say to take online scrims with a grain of salt.

wot? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

lmao you just said you could see them placing well because they are playing well in online scrims and then you say to take online scrims with a grain of salt.

wot? 

I COULD see them placing well. Only reason I pointed out they were doing well in scrims is because doing well is obviously positive. If I remember correctly, Classic wasn't playing too well online prior to UMG, and ended up taking 2nd. 

Then you have teams like Ambush who play well online and place well. 

Fact is, Requiem has the easier bracket. Only "top" team in the way is SQ. SQ could easily beat them and secure top 3 though.

Yeah comparing Requiem to Str8 is a bit weird, but none the less I'm pulling for Requiem because I like Legit, Dersky, and Ace, not sure how I feel about Ninja. I can see them getting 3rd.

I COULD see them placing well. Only reason I pointed out they were doing well in scrims is because doing well is obviously positive. If I remember correctly, Classic wasn't playing too well online prior to UMG, and ended up taking 2nd. 

Then you have teams like Ambush who play well online and place well. 

Fact is, Requiem has the easier bracket. Only "top" team in the way is SQ. SQ could easily beat them and secure top 3 though.

So why did you say take online scrims with a grain of salt? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Sq won almost all of their scrims before UMG and got 4th so doing doing well in online scrims isn't "obviously positive" 

So why did you say take online scrims with a grain of salt? You seem to be contradicting yourself.

Take something with a grain of salt = not trust completely. I said they COULD do well judging by their online scrims. I don't see the contradiction, sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Take something with a grain of salt = not trust completely. I said they COULD do well judging by their online scrims. I don't see the contradiction, sorry.

but you COULD also see Classic,Sq, or Bth doing good on LAN because they aren't playing well online currently and COULD do amazing on LAN like what happened at UMG with Classic or you COULD see Infamous do well online and transfer over to LAN well.

What's the point in saying that someone COULD place well?

but you COULD also see Classic,Sq, or Bth doing good on LAN because they aren't playing well online currently and COULD do amazing on LAN like what happened at UMG with Classic or you COULD see Infamous do well online and transfer over to LAN well.

What's the point in saying that someone COULD place well?

This topic was about Requiem... obviously I can see a lot of teams doing well. Now let's stop derailing this thread for no reason.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

08 Snip3down was a monster so I couldn't see Ninja ever being anything like that. Dersky does bring a lot of positivity to the team which is great.

Nah

Ninja = Snipedown

on what planet?

On Planet Requiem.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

There is NO SHOT that you can compare Ninja to 08 Snip3down? Snip3down in 08 was absolutely nasty and ninja is good but not that good. there is just no comparison

• Upvote (+1) 1

I kinda wish they would have just gone under the name Str8 Rippin.  I feel like the stream would have gotten more views, and I personally always enjoy it when pros keep the classic MLG names alive.  I know we are in a new competitive era of Halo and AGL isn't MLG but I just want them to remain for nostalgia purposes.

Ace=Elamite. He went absolutely clutch and is a very solid all around player

Legit=Legit. Obviously

But Tsquared in 08 was better than Dersky is now and Snipedown was and still is much much muchhhh better than Ninja

• Upvote (+1) 1

I see them more like TD Dallas 08.  They won the event because the top teams were not playing well.

Kudo's to them though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So did requiem prove themselves? I think they did.

they won...i salute them for that...there is still no comparison to 08 str8...none

• Upvote (+1) 5