Sign in to follow this  
DARKzIMPULSE

New Requiem team similar to 08 Str8 Rippin?

Ninja has gained his respect from me after his gameplay this past tournament. :frankerz:

Oh god no, how would you even make such a comparison.  Whats next? 13 Ambush is like the 05-06 Final Boss?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Even with them winning they are still nothing like Str8 Rippin.

I think a big part of the Halo community's problem is desperately living in the past with MLG. People are so afraid of change. Yes there's sprint now and H4 is different than H2...Wahhhhhhhhhhhh. The game is evolving. And by the look of this last event, H4 is really catching on. The halo community needs to evolve as well..Just my opinion. But wishing a 2012 game was more like a 2004 game just seems kinda dumb to me.

Point is team Requiem is not like any 08 team..They are modern team playing a modern game..And Ninja is Nasty. Snipedown seemed kinda quiet in this tourney to me. Not making his usual shots...So I think it can be said that everyone has their moments of inconsistency. So don't book a hotel room with snipedown yet folks....lol

I love how people hate on Ninja so that they don't look like bandwagon fans. If you haven't realized that he is one of the best players in Halo 4 then you're blind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love how people hate on Ninja so that they don't look like bandwagon fans. If you haven't realized that he is one of the best players in Halo 4 then you're blind.

It's hilarious isn't it? They want so desperately to not be seen as fanboys so they go right to the other extreme and say "ninja is garbo" or "ninja is trash" or some other ridiculous statement.

In reality, Ninja played a massive part in keeping halo alive. Obviously the credit goes to many other people (ghost, bravo, gandhi ETC), but if Ninja had just given up streaming at the start of H4, I doubt we would be where we are now. 

He kept life in the halo community, and he deserves some respect for that. Also, he went off at the last tournament. He isn't the outright best player in the game but he certainly is right up at the top, people who say things like "he is a garbage reach kid" honestly don't know what they are talking about

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's hilarious isn't it? They want so desperately to not be seen as fanboys so they go right to the other extreme and say "ninja is garbo" or "ninja is trash" or some other ridiculous statement.

In reality, Ninja played a massive part in keeping halo alive. Obviously the credit goes to many other people (ghost, bravo, gandhi ETC), but if Ninja had just given up streaming at the start of H4, I doubt we would be where we are now. 

He kept life in the halo community, and he deserves some respect for that. Also, he went off at the last tournament. He isn't the outright best player in the game but he certainly is right up at the top, people who say things like "he is a garbage reach kid" honestly don't know what they are talking about

Absolutely! Ninja is the best thing for Halo 4 right now as can be proven with his stream reaching 1k viewers on a nightly bases. None of these other "great" players can boast that kind of stream following. So to me all these people are like "ninja is trash", but none are viewing when snipedown is streaming. Dont get me wrong, They are all great players but ninja's personality and dedication to H4 has steadily brought back the awesomeness that is halo. Only people who are already in the community talk snipedown. People talk about ninja that dont even know much about halo. My daughter watches him..lol..Point is lets talk about the people who are "currently" doing for the community. Ogre 1 and 2 are legends to be sure. But lets not live in the past too much I love halo and do not want to let it evaporate just because the legendary players of the past are not playing anymore. Or because Halo 4 is not the exact same as Halo 2 or 3..

Its sad that now that MLG is gone, the "new pros" like Ninja and Mikwen will always be seen in a lesser light than the "MLG greats" and people will always say he did not place top 3 at an MLG and struggled to stay in the top 8 during Reach. Just like with Ambush, when Snipedown started talking about their "streak" of 4 AGL events possibly matching up with FB's or Instincts I kind of laughed, because we all know the competition from MLG was much tougher during its time and many of the best pro teams and players have left the scene probably for good. I salute the top players and all players for keeping Halo alive though through AGL, most of them are not even breaking even on their travel and hotel expenditures(actually LOSING money) going to these events and its all for the competition and game at this point. Mad respect for those players because without them like AGL  comp Halo would not have anything worthwhile.

• Upvote (+1) 1