ske7ch

ske7ch, reporting for duty

Glad to have you here dude, be sure to check out the HCS thread this weekend (and during HCS events in general)

that thread + twitter is where 99.9% of all competitive halo discussion happens ( :intel: )

• Upvote (+1) 5

Welcome!  This forum is full of people very passionate about Halo and would love to have you stop by now and then to chime in with your perspective!  :-)

Welcome! I think that we're all pretty anxious/excited to see wht you bring to your time with 343. We all have some great ideas for the future of halo and hcs. We all love halo and have been following this game for many many years. I know some of us can be pretty bitter at times but thats because we feel left behind by the developer of our favorite game. I dont envy your position of having to be the face of that, but im hopeful that you stick around and chat with us both here and in the hcs thread. Hopefully you can answer some of our questions and incorporate our ideas.

Welcome here aswell :) Nice to see you here and on GAF 

This site can drift south sometimes, but there are alot of quality posters here and all of us love Halo for what it is and could be :) 

Glad you stepped in 

Really appreciate the thread on /r/halo about trying to learn more about the HCS. It's a great scene with passionate, opinionated people and it's loads of fun. People from everywhere -- pro players, tournament directors, organization owners, and many other people, post here regularly (I think it's something like 30000 members on this forum). It's a fantastic resource for anyone who wants to learn about the competitive scene and someone who wants to keep up with the goings-on in HCS. 

Just want to note that it's important, IMO, to view the scene holistically. There will invariably be posts that come off as negative or condescending -- I personally believe this is just a part of having a passionate fanbase. People have different opinions, and some people vent. 

But on the flip side, there's a lot of really good constructive feedback being churned out by this forum regularly. Someone made a list of a bunch of posts with lots of this feedback - I don't remember who, but hopefully they post it here eventually. 

The biggest thing right now for most of us, I think, is communication. It's awesome that you're posting here and I hope you stick around and interact with the community regularly. Even if 343i has differing viewpoints on the future of the scene than many of us, I hope simply opening a dialogue will, at the very least, allow for y'all to hear compelling, new viewpoints, ones that you may choose to take into consideration down the road.

In any case, welcome to TB. Come for the dicussion, stay for the memes. 

Welcome!

So far I've really enjoyed the communication. You're definitely doing the best job that anyone from 343 has done so far. The other day when you layed out concrete information and correctly set expectations for the "classic" playlist was perfect. I might have hated the information you had to provide but the fact that you let us know exactly how it was and acknowledged what people probably assumed/wanted out of a classic playlist was appreciated. It let us set our expectations correctly and also let us know that you aren't a wall or PR bot and that you guys do read what people are saying.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Welcome @@ske7ch!

I'm not sure what you've heard from others about Beyond previous to this, but just remember the community here is always just striving to reach the best possible Halo and Competitive Halo; and sometimes it stems from years of frustration, heartbreak, and disappointment.

But it's all passion here. Hope you stick around.  :)

*Edit* Also a great thread that polled the current Pros in the scene regarding competitive settings last month. Highly recommend checking it out. http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14543-poll-hcs-pro-player-feedback-2/

• Upvote (+1) 8

Originally posted this in the HCS thread but was asked to post this here as well.

Okay I'm sorry but I can't hold this in any longer. Very rarely do I post but I can't stay silent.

I'm a day one Halo player. I got the game and Xbox the day it came out when I was 8 years old. Played every game for hours and hours and competed all the way up to H5. The state of this game is absolutely pathetic. I'm not talking about competitive settings, or spawns, or radar or any of that. I'm talking about how it's nearly impossible to play 4 or 5 games without myself getting disconnected, or someone else getting disconnected.

I'll admit it myself I'm a casual player now. I keep up with HCS, I have a lot of friends that compete both AM and pro, and even an org owner. Most of my time is spent grinding for req points so I can unlock everything, that's really all I play for now. But as a Halo fan it is absolutely EMBARASSING how little 343 cares about fixing the problems with the game itself. I've tried to play three Warzone Firefight games this morning thinking the Warzone servers are still fine, I can play without issue. I've been disconnected THREE OUT OF THREE TIMES and successfully wasted 30 minutes of my day.

343, Microsoft, Xbox, whoever, please I am begging you to fix this game. Quit pretending everything is fine and just admit something was screwed up and actually work to fix it. I love Halo. I love the lore, the games, the all nighters with friends playing/LANning. You've had millions of people supporting you and your franchise and it honestly feels like you've abandoned us. I HATE being negative about this and ranting over a forum that I know none of y'all will read, but please help us.

You have tons of passionate fans that for some reason we still support this franchise and hold out hope. Please swallow your pride and fix this game. I'm on my last leg here as I'm sure many fans are. I know in the big scope of things losing one person like me isn't a big deal. But it's more than that, it's not just me that feels this way. It's thousands and thousands of people just like me, who love the world of Halo that has been created and has been a wonderful thing for 15 years now.

Don't abandon us. Please help us to fix this game. This is my first and last plea.

/emotional rant

• Upvote (+1) 2

Welcome! Great to see you come over here. You'll find plenty of passionate people here who will be more than happy to praise and criticize fairly!

Thanks for taking the time to join us!  We definitely appreciate you coming to TeamBeyond, we definitely appreciate the interaction between the competitive community and 343. And like Jamaican117 said, when in doubt, post Emma Watson and you should be good to go. 

• Upvote (+1) 2