Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

I think the point of the argument was to throw out a degree as a means of demonstrating expertise in a certain field, and then making an argument based on old and worn out insults.

I could give 2 shits who pays for the wall. It's a small expense when coupled with the reduction in benefits given to people here illegally from legal citizen taxes. Send me my portion of the bill. Shit send me girlfriendhavers bill as well. I'll proudly pay his portion for him.

I meant the second part. I should have taken out the parts I wasn't addressing so my comment would have been more direct.

https://gma.yahoo.com/trump-keep-intact-obama-era-order-protecting-lgbtq-123553893--abc-news-topstories.html

Well, finally some actual good news. 

Now if Trump can just keep from fucking waffling on this one...

He literally campaigned on this, but I guess people didn't listen. 

What has Trump NOT done yet that he promised he would? Besides things that obviously can't be accomplished in 11 days or less. 

Some of the things suck I'm sure, especially for those with opposing views and what not... but you gotta love when someone is about ACTION, not just words... even though a lot of words are spoken, and not always the best choice of words, I don't mind as long as it's followed up with action. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

He literally campaigned on this, but I guess people didn't listen. 

What has Trump NOT done yet that he promised he would? Besides things that obviously can't be accomplished in 11 days or less. 

Something about...what was it...siphoning the bog? Was that it? 

Cleansing the marsh? 

Void the morass? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

He said countless times on his campaign trail, even the rally here in Sanford, that he was going to protect the LGBTQ community, and there were people waving signs that said "Gays for Trump" etc... it's just the media never wanted you to know that he would, hell the announcement today was made due to the fact that the media reported "an executive order was coming". 

No wonder I can't see Trump's hate speech like all the people with purple hair. I literally drink hate speech with my cereal every morning. At dinner sometimes too. 

https://gma.yahoo.com/trump-keep-intact-obama-era-order-protecting-lgbtq-123553893--abc-news-topstories.html

Well, finally some actual good news. 

Now if Trump can just keep from fucking waffling on this one...

That's not surprising at all! Trump is the first President in history to be pro-LGBT at the inauguration. He's breaking that glass ceiling!

"As your president I will do everything in my power to protect LGBTQ citizens."

- Donald J. Trump at the Republican National Convention (July, 2016)

If you heard otherwise, it was the Democrats just being bitter that Trump didn't fit the false narrative that they so desperately want to push. I love our pro-LGBT President!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Imagine starting a conversation with "as someone with a degree in economics" like damn bro we get it. Applebees ain't paying off those student loans as fast as you thought it would, nobody here is surprised that you don't like Trump. Most people who go to college thinking a career will just be handed to them afterwards tend to vote for presidents only because of their skin color and/or gender but like to use the term "uneducated racists" when describing people who voted for a business man that "says mean things" and actually does things he said he would do in his campaign.

Obviously to be a little cocky. The point is, it IS relevant in the context of economics. I'm not gonna start giving someone lectures if they are more educated in a field than I am. But the whole point of this trumpist movement is "down with the establishment aka people who actually know their shit"

Why should you settle for Joe the Plumber's insight into immigration or enviromental policy or economics? On the other hand, If I need someone to do my plumping, you know who I'm going to call up? Definetly not my Finance Professor.

This isn't me saying that being intellectual is superior or anything. Lots of different types of people can be valuable to society. The real problem is that trumpists are being ANTI-intellectual, and it has created a climate that very hostile to actual progress.

If the people who ran against Trump actually knew their shit, he wouldn't be in the White House right now.

That's not surprising at all!

It's not about it being surprising. It's about Trump being a human roulette wheel.

If you heard otherwise, it was the Democrats just being bitter that Trump didn't fit the false narrative that they so desperately want to push.

Or, I heard it from Trump's wishy-washy mouth.

He said countless times on his campaign trail, even the rally here in Sanford, that he was going to protect the LGBTQ community, and there were people waving signs that said "Gays for Trump" etc... it's just the media never wanted you to know that he would, hell the announcement today was made due to the fact that the media reported "an executive order was coming".

Yeah...and...he also promised to remove "insider" influence from Washington. Turns out that you can only be corrupt if you're a politician, who knew.

As for his jobs and wall nonsense, that will not be seen for a couple of years.

And because I need to repeat this several thousand times, Donald Trump also promised to appoint judges that would reverse socially progressive SCOTUS decisions and said he'd support a religious freedom bill.

So either he's a waffle, or a two-faced asshole. Time will tell.

And because I need to repeat this several thousand times, Donald Trump also promised to appoint judges that would reverse socially progressive SCOTUS decisions and said he'd support a religious freedom bill.

So either he's a waffle, or a two-faced asshole. Time will tell.

You really should try to be less pessimistic sometimes.

He's actually delivered on most of the policies he talked about and promised on the campaign trail. Actions speak louder than words.

DeVos is awful

You'd love her if Obama made the pick.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

DeVos is awful

She married into the Orlando Magic family, do you expect any less? lol

He's actually delivered on most of the policies he talked about and promised on the campaign trail. Actions speak louder than words.

...Yeah, and I don't *want* him to deliver on those.

...Yeah, and I don't *want* him to deliver on those.

but you'd still tear him apart if he didn't amirite?

but you'd still tear him apart if he didn't amirite?

We're apparently having a discussion about Trump being an honest, forthright man.

So, yeah. I would.

Bill Burr is the goat, saw him last July at Hard Rock in Orlando when he was on his Walk Your Way Out tour! Easily the most I have ever laughed in one night. Go watch it on Netflix, same routine just got released today. Highly recommended. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You'd love her if Obama made the pick.

I wouldn't because he wouldnt pick her lol

Some of Trump's appointments are fine but she's pretty bad. She has no idea about student loans and financial aid systems when most students now are getting loan debts they'll take forever to pay off