Tobes

General Politics Discussion Thread

2015 there was the planned parenthood shooting.

The media just doesn't like to portray christian white people as motivated by religion like they do when it comes to people of islamic faith.

Just mentally unstable and not "real" christians. Whatever that means.

Guys like Dylan Roof are just crazy, and supposedly not motivated by their christian faith.

Yeah, there's christian psychos for sure but when you start comparing that threat in regards to immigration and put it on the same level as radical islamic terrorism that has plagued the entire world every single day... well it makes you look dumb.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

The media just doesn't like to portray christian white people as motivated by religion like they do when it comes to people of islamic faith.

Guys like Dylan Roof are just crazy, and supposedly not motivated by their christian faith.

Yeah but you won't find a church of Christians sympathizing with Dylan and praising his actions. This is not the case for Islam.

• Upvote (+1) 2

LOL...you think Roof was motivated by his Christian faith? He was a white racist...if anything, he leaned more toward a Nazi. Way to hyperbole.

Don't for get Columbine...DOOM was to blame because they used it for training.

@@pharmassists still waiting for proof that Obama & Trump did exactly the same thing (in your words) in regards to the refugee ban

I'm sad you can't use the internet but here ya go.

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

Keep in mind all this emotional outrage is over a TEMPORARY ban in order to better vet refugees. I can't see how any logical(this must be the problem) person could be against making sure people that come here aren't terrorists.

lol you're really comparing Dylan roof some racist loser idiot to soldiers of ISIS.

Amazing!

I didn't hear Dylan roofs 911 call where he pledged allegiance to the Islamic state and telling the police dispatch to stop bombing Syria and Iraq... did you?

LOL...you think Roof was motivated by his Christian faith? He was a white racist...if anything, he leaned more toward a Nazi. Way to hyperbole.

Don't for get Columbine...DOOM was to blame because they used it for training.

We should ban Christians and FPS gamers from America, its only fair.

Keep in mind all this emotional outrage is over a TEMPORARY ban in order to better vet refugees. 

Just keep telling yourself that. 

Just keep telling yourself that.

Just keep telling yourself everything you don't agree with is racism.

If this was a Muslim ban like the media want me to believe, then he did a shitty job b/c he missed a lot of Muslim countries.

Or maybe Trump is an extremely incompetent xenophobe.

Any way you slice it the reaction by the media and the left is just more proof that they are completely insane and hypocritical. Obama murders thousands of Muslims and continues the Bush legacy of destabilizing the middle east and wins a peace prize. Trump institutes a temporary ban on countries on Obamas watch list and becomes Hitler.

Observation: most of the time when I'm complaining in this thread, I'm actually talking to/about the people in this thread. 

Most of the time when you guys are complaining in this thread, it's right past me to the invisible monolithic "Left". 

Now someone actually explain how Trump can possibly make the vetting process more extreme, or shut the fuck up. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Observation: most of the time when I'm complaining in this thread, I'm actually talking to/about the people in this thread.

Most of the time when you guys are complaining in this thread, it's right past me to the invisible monolithic "Left".

Now someone actually explain how Trump can possibly make the vetting process more extreme, or shut the fuck up.

Better intelligence and communication between departments. If you read the article I posted from ABC, http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131 would see that refugee's who were known terrorists in Iraq were easily able to enter the U.S. by simple checking a box.

I also encourage you to write posts that convey your point better b/c I thought you were referring to the motives and not the methodology of the ban.

I have a post on reddit you guys might find interesting.

"The Quran is seen as the infallible word of god that is clear and can't be re-interpreted or changed unlike the bible (reformation?).

If there is a contradiction in the Quran the later verse no matter how violent is the one you go with unlike the bible.

When people try to imitate mohammad from islamic scripture generally deemed authentic they tend to be more violent because of the pedophilia, beheading, genocide he did etc. whereas if you imitate jesus you're more likely to be peaceful, this also helps deal with the violent verses in the bible. There's a reason why people go WWJD and not what would mohammad do.

Both religions aren't near the same level as violent however if you disregard both the hadith and biography of mohammad maybe so. To prove this simply draw a plain stick figure and show it to 1,000 muslims randomly in ANY country outside the middle east even saying it is mohammad and then do the same for a 1,000 christians saying it's Jesus. You will see significantly different reactions at least percentage wise and that's just 1 example. Imagine if muslims got pushed as much as christians in the west like seeing mohammad on south park or family guy, doctrine matters and I would argue these religions aren't equally violent."

I think what the lads above are maybe trying to say is there's been roughly 2600 islamic attacks in 60+ countries, in which 22,000+ were killed since the 2015 planned parenthood shooting, so why would you get immigrants/refugees from that part of the world compared to other demographics which have a significantly less chance of committing jihad or upping the crime rate per capita?

It's also disingenuous to call it a muslim ban GFH.

You can't even draw pictures of Muhammad in America without people being murdered by Muslims.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Obama already dealt with that loophole.

And he managed to do it with processing delays (not a ban) for refugees...from a single country...in response to a specific and enumerated threat FROM the actual problem country...that created 18-24 month waits for refugees...that are still in place today.

And he managed to do it with processing delays (not a ban) for refugees...from a single country...in response to a specific and enumerated threat FROM the actual problem country...that created 18-24 month waits for refugees...that are still in place today.

The countries that Trump banned are the same countries that Obama declared a high terrorist thread. So yes, it's an actual problem. Nice try, though.

I will respond when I figure out what in the world that had to do with what I posted. 

You may be waiting a while. 

Why not talk about the jobs Trump is bringing back to our country, or talk about the regulations and taxes he is cutting. Talk about something positive for once, instead of pretending you work for CNN. Just a thought? lol 

Maybe because literally every executive order he's signed so far has been bullshit, except for the lobby ban (which has holes). 

So yeah. Maybe I haven't been talking about the lobby ban enough. Sorry. My bad. 

Yea. Lets talk about the lobby ban! lol honestly you're cool Lemon I don't even mind when you criticize since it's always thought out and rational. 

in response to a specific and enumerated threat FROM the actual problem country

The countries that Trump banned are the same countries that Obama declared a high terrorist thread. So yes, it's an actual problem. Nice try, though.

I will respond when I figure out what in the world that had to do with what I posted. 

You may be waiting a while.

Me and you are going to sit down and solve this embarrassing misread problem that you seem to have. When you misread last time (that was so embarrassing for you omg. everyone was laughing), you dropped it pretty quickly. I don't blame you though.

Boy, you just totally forgot about that terrorist casualty list according to country THAT quick, huh? 

That still has nothing to do with what I was talking about.